WP7 Needs RPG's

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If we ever get Mass Effect on WP7, it'll be a port of the iPhone game - which is reportedly nothing special. I'm more hopeful that the Dead Space iPhone game gets ported, though the current anti-M rating stance means it's not possible (yet).

Bioware could make something new and unique given the original title's exclusively to Xbox and the Xbox live integration. I would think. Who knows. I would like to see something unique but since we aren't Bioware we can't really say what's gonna happen.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I wasted so much time with PSO back in the Dreamcast days with friends. I don't know if I could bear to do the same if they brought it to WP7 with some new levels and features, but I know that's a lie. :D

Super Monkey Ball 2 was announced back in January, no ETA IIRC.
Haha yea I wasted a ton of time on PSO. They'd have to change things up a little for me to go back. Although it'd be awesome having that game and being able to play anywhere on a handheld. Bring it Sega!

Was Monkey Ball 2 announced for WP7?

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site

pr0d1gy

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Torchlight would seem like the current obvious choice for a WP7 port. Touch controls could be tuned into the engine without losing too much of your choices and I would pay upwards of $10 for the full game (or close to it)....as long as it runs on my HD7...heheh

I've always thought Diablo would be really great on WP7 as well.

All I know as of now is that The Harvest proved to me that WP7 is the OS of choice for current smartphone gaming....

rexalbel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Coming from webos

because for the most part in the eyes of these big companies WP7 still "sucks". At least that would make sense, once the user base gets a bit bigger you'll be seeing more and more "big companies" make games. That is only obvious though I'm sure mostly everybody here doesn't need an explanation like this to know that.

As someone just coming from webos the app situation looks a whole lot more promising then it did with webos even despite it going through similar growing pains. I suspet we will continue to see a rapid growth of apps, hopefully some more advanced titles for xbox live. I remember reading a while ago that Microsoft was aiming at the casual gamer so I do hope they change that. With a playstation phone coming out it would be cool for Microsoft to have an army of xbox phones com petting in multiple flavor.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping some Xbox 360 Indie games developers will port their games to Windows Phone 7. It's apparently very easy to do since they all use XNA.

Zeboyd Games has made two great indie RPGs on 360. They're currently porting them to PC, but maybe they could be persuaded to bring 'em to WP7 too.

Everyone, please email the devs and ask them to release Breath of Death and Cthulhu Saves the World on WP7! You can also contact them via Twitter, which they seem to pay more attention to.

Last edited:

jonnyvix

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi there, stumbled here searching for "Windows Phone RPG"...looking around to see if anyone is doing anything about it ehe
I'm currently developing an RPG on WP7 called Dungeon Stalker...
Dungeon Stalker | Facebook

Ages far from titles like "Mass Effect" (lol its just me doing it all it would take me five lifes ehe)...but still hoping to make some dungeon crawlers happy for a while :)
What do you think? Willing to give any feedback?

Cheers

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi there, stumbled here searching for "Windows Phone RPG"...looking around to see if anyone is doing anything about it ehe

Ages far from titles like "Mass Effect" (lol its just me doing it all it would take me five lifes ehe)...but still hoping to make some dungeon crawlers happy for a while :)

Cheers

I wouldn't pay for this, now, I don't mean that in any offending way towards you, however I think it would really only appeal to the extremely "don't have a life, rather do this than bang my girlfriend" (if you have one lol) hardcore RPG fanatic. Ever since going on spiritual journeys involving things of space, aliens, "are we alone?" and that sci-fi type of stuff; (with and without drugs involved lol) I've been more inclined towards games like Mass Effect and Dead Space. I've heard that, what little RPG elements the original game had, have been stripped out of the second release along with a less compelling storyline are really what leads me to wait for a price drop (That coupled with the fact that I still need to get me a new Xbox 360 haha) or I might not get it at all... who knows. but yeah it looks good nonetheless, keep up the good work!

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

Cheers

Please ignore Luis's response. Luis, shame on you! Dungeon Stalker actually looks pretty good! Who cares if it's not sci-fi? Anyway, Jonny, PM me and let's discuss it.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've heard that, what little RPG elements the original game had, have been stripped out of the second release along with a less compelling storyline are really what leads me to wait for a price drop

I hope you're not talking about Mass Effect 2! The gameplay is definitely streamlined but the storyline and character interactions are fantastic.

jonnyvix

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't pay for this, now, I don't mean that in any offending way towards you, however I think it would really only appeal to the extremely "don't have a life, rather do this than bang my girlfriend" (if you have one lol) hardcore RPG fanatic. Ever since going on spiritual journeys involving things of space, aliens, "are we alone?" and that sci-fi type of stuff; (with and without drugs involved lol) I've been more inclined towards games like Mass Effect and Dead Space. I've heard that, what little RPG elements the original game had, have been stripped out of the second release along with a less compelling storyline are really what leads me to wait for a price drop (That coupled with the fact that I still need to get me a new Xbox 360 haha) or I might not get it at all... who knows. but yeah it looks good nonetheless, keep up the good work!

Ahah...well I think I'll be in the boat of not having a gf anymore if I continue spending my evenings coding that lol.
I've played and finished both Mass Effect (the first, on the PC) and Dead Space (on Xbox360) but I still have good times thinking back at Chaos Strikes Back, Eye Of The Beholder, Black Crypt and such...Call me crazy, but I'm willing to give life to that kind of game on this new device :)

Please ignore Luis's response. Luis, shame on you! Dungeon Stalker actually looks pretty good! Who cares if it's not sci-fi? Anyway, Jonny, PM me and let's discuss it.

You're getting a PM soon!

Last edited:

Nephirn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Made a account solely for this post (just discovered wp7c xD).

As far as RPG's i'd rather see a FFT-style game than anything else. The turn-based, grid, rpg would work fantastically for the platform, though i doubt Square could be bothered working porting it (indy devs maybe?).

jonnyvix

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Made a account solely for this post (just discovered wp7c xD).

As far as RPG's i'd rather see a FFT-style game than anything else. The turn-based, grid, rpg would work fantastically for the platform, though i doubt Square could be bothered working porting it (indy devs maybe?).

I'm still playing FFT on the PSP in the morning while on the subway!
That was my 2nd choice as a project : a turn based RPG. Maybe after this, if I can find a bigger team (well at least 1 more than me lol) ;)

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I think I would give my left foot for a plain old, Dreamcast-style PSO on my phone. Original four levels, original gameplay, lobby system, etc. Should be pretty doable these days, and I would absolutely pay for it and play the **** out of it.

gearhead05

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Pokemon!!! I loved playing those games back in the day :). But really, I think any good turn based JRPG would be perfect for mobile gaming.

Joe#WP

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Haha yea I wasted a ton of time on PSO. They'd have to change things up a little for me to go back. Although it'd be awesome having that game and being able to play anywhere on a handheld. Bring it Sega!

Was Monkey Ball 2 announced for WP7?

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

It was announced a while back : Upcoming Xbox LIVE titles for WP7 revealed | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

And I can tell you its most likely next weeks title :)

There might be more RPG games for WP7 but Harvest and Haipy Kingdom are 2 that I came across

http://www.bestwp7games.com/tag/rpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss