06-23-2011 05:45 PM
67 123
tools
    Ok I'll bite dude, I hope it kick ***..

Anyway Doodle Jump came out today.

It looks pretty neat, certainly better than on my sister's Optimus T but I heard it lack some features so there's no way they will get my money.

I can't be rewarding halfassery, It's sad that we have to pay more for worse ports. Developers should be ashamed.
    06-01-2011 09:34 AM
    The only thing I can say in their defense is that it didn't launch with all of those themes on iPhone. They added them over time. So from that perspective, our version launches with more stuff, and hopefully they'll add the rest later on. But there's also no real reason they couldn't have just put all the themes in - not much extra work at all on their part.
    06-01-2011 11:16 AM
    The doodle jump port on android was a piece of garbage so I'm wary of it on WP7 - on android it was handed off to another developer, anyone know if the original dev handled the WP7 port or not? After seeing the tragedy of the Pocket God port I'm wary to grab this one - especially at $3 for less content than the $1 iOS version, but that seems to be the norm with Windows Phone 7 for some reason.
    06-01-2011 12:52 PM
    The doodle jump port on android was a piece of garbage so I'm wary of it on WP7 - on android it was handed off to another developer, anyone know if the original dev handled the WP7 port or not? After seeing the tragedy of the Pocket God port I'm wary to grab this one - especially at $3 for less content than the $1 iOS version, but that seems to be the norm with Windows Phone 7 for some reason.
    It's a different developer. I think the port is great except for the missing themes. But the themes really aren't a huge deal, to be honest. I usually play with the default one anyway.
    06-01-2011 01:50 PM
    Hydro Thunder Go interview has been posted!

As I expected, they're not aware of any framerate problems on specific devices. I think some people just want a more fluid framerate than what the game actually provides. I think it looks great considering the complexity of the water.
    06-04-2011 11:05 PM
    It's a different developer. I think the port is great except for the missing themes. But the themes really aren't a huge deal, to be honest. I usually play with the default one anyway.
    The game itself is slightly choppier too IMO compared to iPhone [doesn't affect gameplay whatsoever]. And, the themes wouldn't bother me, except that the soccer theme would be AWESOME for some of the harder achievements, as it's loaded with monsters. Crossing my fingers for an update.

OT: I got Doodle Jump and am going bonkers waiting for Angry Birds
    edit: caved and got geoDefense, it's a blast. Will I cave and get Sonic or PvZ?? :P
    Last edited by litepink; 06-10-2011 at 02:11 PM.
    06-05-2011 09:36 PM
    Good to see you here, Litepink! For the folks who don't know, Litepink authors numerous Achievement guides at Xbox360Achievements.org and is a valuable member of the Xbox Live community.

I haven't played Doodle Jump on iPhone, but I'll try to mention the slight framerate drop in my review. Other reviews coming soon from me: Earthworm Jim, Pac-Man CE DX, Super Monkey Ball, Guitar Hero 5 Mobile, and Harbor Master.
    06-05-2011 11:33 PM

I think both Android and WP7 users are simply going to have to get used to the fact that were not the target platform for these titles. The iPhone is. It has the largest digital market for this content going, and there's no denying their delivery system is better than the other company's are currently. Since phone hardware is so completely different between brands, and Apple imposes strict policies on the kind of ways you can develop your game, the practice of offloading cheap ports to other phones for a quick buck won't die any time soon.

It's going to take some time before we see an iPhone scale of dedicated development come to the Windows Phone, if ever.

Personally I think it would help a LOT if MS was less restrictive in it's 1-2 game a week release schedule, pushed the Xbox brand harder (gaming centric phone?), created a more efficient marketplace, and became COMPETITIVE with game pricing (no more $3-7 games that have 1/3 or more of the content missing from other, cheaper, competiting versions). But that's just my 2 cents.
    06-06-2011 04:00 AM
    Good to see you here, Litepink! For the folks who don't know, Litepink authors numerous Achievement guides at Xbox360Achievements.org and is a valuable member of the Xbox Live community.
    yay! thanks. I hope to bring my guides here in some sort of capacity, just don't know what yet. Perhaps an "All Game Room games Guide" or things like "Doodle Jump Guide+Discussion". Maybe something for the main page even (?!).

Anyways, glad to be here. eastx posts periodically on x360a, usually about something cool here on wpCentral so I figured might as well sign up. x360a as a whole is quite big, but the WP7 part is a very marignal part of it, and is mainly focused on just the games (obviously). Thought I could come here to expand on game discussion as well as other aspects of my phone, although Xbox Live games are a major focal point for me.

Anyways, what I forgot to convey about Doodle Jump, is despite the issues, it is awesome, and well worth $3. If you don't have an iPhone, the Windows Phone 7 version is still great, and if you love gamerscore/Xbox Live that's icing on the cake. My iPhone's accelerometer might be very sensitive or something [which might be adjustable], but I feel WP7 has tighter controls for this as well.
    06-06-2011 01:14 PM
    I caved and bought Hydro Thunder Go, actually I've bought all of the Six Week Games so far, Hydro thunder is really good in the full version
    i recommend it
    06-10-2011 06:00 PM
    Sonic is out and is as disappointing as Hydro Thunder. Looks really bad ( I own the Xbox version ) and the controls take a while to get used to but they are not the worse out there. Also the music sounds crisp and loud.

Bad graphics though, really really bad. (also slowdowns )
    06-15-2011 06:20 PM
    Sonic is out and is as disappointing as Hydro Thunder. Looks really bad ( I own the Xbox version ) and the controls take a while to get used to but they are not the worse out there. Also the music sounds crisp and loud.

Bad graphics though, really really bad. (also slowdowns )
    The backgrounds could be a little better, but they're really not as bad as you're saying. The sprites look perfectly fine though.
    06-15-2011 06:25 PM
    Regarding the original topic;

Not a single one for me, I'm all for paying for games and I do quite often but at the right price especially when my daughter has bough them for a fraction of the price on her iPod. When they become a deal of the wek I will probably buy Doodle Jump and Angry Birds. Big name companies like Sega and Namco are overpricing in my opinion on all games not just one or two. Sonic has more of a name and so prices will be higher as such though.
    06-19-2011 04:59 AM
    I've gotten all of them except for sonic, i tried the demo, it isn't worth it
    06-20-2011 04:45 PM
    Trying Plant vs Zombies right now. Looks and plays great, smooth so far, no slowdown. Neat little thing on the achievement screen, if you keep going down you will find some nods to other Pop cap franchises and finally get all the way to china.
    06-22-2011 06:52 PM
    Sonic is OK but I can't get into the control scheme so the demo is as far as it goes.

Plants vs Zombies plays and looks great on WM7! Essential purchase for me.
    06-23-2011 07:37 AM
    I've shown great restraint on my part, getting 3 of the 6 [including AB]. Excited for angry birds although it only goes up to episode 4 :/
    195 levels is nothing to scoff at though.
    06-23-2011 05:45 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD