segabits says sonic cd

Res215dg

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Awesome, can't wait for that! I assume it will be an Xbox Live title correct?

I'm still waiting to download Sonic 4 once i wrap up the current games I'm on

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
wellt hat vid is 100% not for cell phones WP has better graphics first off , LOL., but hopefully we get one similar to that

how do i know you ask? look at the VID when sonic goes arround a LOOP , now get the vershion on your cell and do it, notice something diffrent?

on the cell phone the HOLE world rotates with you , but the Version on the VID is the same as the one on the SEGA, it doesnt rotate .

i still hope we get a episode 2 doh , im almost finished the first one :)

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Wow that's kind of surprising. I didn't think Sonic CD was that popular of a game. Depending on the price I might pick it up. It's been a while since I played that game.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Wow that's kind of surprising. I didn't think Sonic CD was that popular of a game. Depending on the price I might pick it up. It's been a while since I played that game.

I'm 90% certain it will be $6.99. Certainly beats buying a Sega CD... Though I do already have a Sega CD and the Japanese version of the game.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm 90% certain it will be $6.99. Certainly beats buying a Sega CD... Though I do already have a Sega CD and the Japanese version of the game.
You'll still got your Sega CD? Impressive. I had played Sonic CD on the CD back in the day.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
You'll still got your Sega CD? Impressive. I had played Sonic CD on the CD back in the day.

Yes, I sold off my collection of 160-ish complete Sega Genesis games last year due to lack of space, but I didn't part with my Sega CD and Mega CD games. The worst part of being a collector is running out of room, I tells ya...

Dark Mirage

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Tupperware bins. Basement. Garage. ;)

Although honestly, there's no need for that. Pretty much anything can be emulated these days. There's no real need to have a physical copy aside from the fact you can't get over having a plastic cartridge :/.

PC works better anyways... perfect display resolution out to an HDTV, and you can just buy a controller adapter to plug your controllers into a USB port.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Basement and garage? Nope, don't have either of those, nor an attic.

There is a beauty and special quality to owning originals that emulation can't replicate. But yeah, I do prefer to play classic games on my 360 or PC over hooking up an older console.

Dark Mirage

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
There is... I admit I have a few box copies of old titles I really loved. But these days I put everything in CD binders or plastic bins. They just take up way too much space otherwise :/. And really, all I want myself is the experience. The real, tangible stuff you paid for and loved is on the disk or cart itself. The box is just the box. I'd much rather pay $20-30 for the Mario RPG cartridge than $120 for a box copy in nearly new condition :p.

On another note, this is great that the retro engine is being used... I wonder if we'll see more old Sega titles ported to the phone using this engine in the future. If so, I can't wait :D. Playing Sonic 3 & Knuckles in glorious 60fps widescreen would melt my iron heart...

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Okay, I'm officially jealous. Closest I came to owning the Japanese version was copying my American version and replacing the audio tracks with the Japanese version of the tracks.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I'm officially jealous. Closest I came to owning the Japanese version was copying my American version and replacing the audio tracks with the Japanese version of the tracks.

I think it's awesome that we have someone here who would do that. Stick around, Rico, and be sure to comment on gaming articles and stuff. :)

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I think it's awesome that we have someone here who would do that. Stick around, Rico, and be sure to comment on gaming articles and stuff. :)
Thanks. I'm still pretty jealous that you actually own the Japanese version. Some day... Maybe. I guess it's pretty silly now, bit I still want to flesh out my Sega CD and 32x collection. Still want to buy a Neo*Geo AES system too. The CD system just wasn't the same despite the technically superior BGMs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05