update to mango lose games?

Terrin

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if I update to mango *work at a cellphone carrier* I have star wars battle for hoth , fast and furious and star wars catina was wondering if I would lose the ability to play these games due to the fact they have been removed for the licensing issue, and no update is gonna come to mango for the few that bought?

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I think the issue is that you can't download those games anymore. But since you already have them installed you shouldn't lose the ability to play them, since the update will keep all your apps intact. But you won't be seeing any updates for them, so no fast switching for those games.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Shhhhh don't tell anyone I told you but you can still get Star Wars Cantina here... (Top Secret Links Shhhh)

Zune.net - Other

Oh and Star Wars Battle for Hoth....

Zune.net - Other

Shhhhh, wink wink say no more ;)

Hurry if you wan't them, they could be removed any time.

Oh and Shhhhhhhh

Terrin

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
thanks someone here at the office said after the update any app that dosn't recieve a update will not work so kinda put me off. I dont need fast app switching would have been nice but meh.

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I think your friend at the office might be right. Seems like I've heard Twin Blades doesn't work with Mango. I would think if one games like that a lot more might be in the same boat. Man I wish there was a link for Fast & Furious.

Terrin

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
did anyone try these 3 though? as I can't really redownload them and not like they are gonna patch it, would love to finish the 1 I have left for the full 200 gs

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
So what about game saves? Are they only stored locally on the phone? If you had to wipe the phone and reinstall, are all saves gone? Or do they either sync with your PC through Zune software or back up in the cloud?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
So what about game saves? Are they only stored locally on the phone? If you had to wipe the phone and reinstall, are all saves gone? Or do they either sync with your PC through Zune software or back up in the cloud?

Your game saves are all on the phone, wipe the phone and you have to begin Angry Birds for the 7th time. ;)

Cloud storage is on the way for your game saves but it's not with us just yet sinime.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Your game saves are all on the phone, wipe the phone and you have to begin Angry Birds for the 7th time. ;)

Cloud storage is on the way for your game saves but it's not with us just yet sinime.

Well, hope it comes before I ever have to use it. It will be a pain as I'll have to start from scratch anyway when I switch from webOS to WP7.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos