Game Dev Story

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had a chance to check out Game Dev Story (iOS, Android)? My lady just got an iPad 2 and I downloaded the free version of this game to check it out. It's pretty simplistic, reminds me a lot of the "Theme" games (aka Hospital, Park, etc.) but is downright addicting. I'd love to see this game or something similar on my Trophy.

Dark Mirage

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
We all want more of those same quality iOS titles on the WP. There's a massive pool of fantastic content on that service. Problem is, no matter how much we wish it, it's just not going to happen.

Until we see more market share, developers won't take us seriously as an investment. We likely won't see titles such as Dev Story ported to WP for some time. And it's tough to say whether we're talking in terms of months or years. I, personally, don't expect WP7 to gain major traction until well into 2012. At best, I don't think we'll see iOS scale gaming until WP8 launches.

It's part of what you need to consider when buying a WP7 device. If you want a solid operating system then it's a great device. If you're dedicated to gaming? Maybe not so much... At least not yet. WP8 looks great for this, but it's long ways away.

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
While I appreciate your comments re: market share and have said similar things on other threads in these same forums, it's still fun to talk about games that we as gamers would like to see.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
At best, I don't think we'll see iOS scale gaming until WP8 launches.

meh , we already have better games then IOS games coming in a couple days and int he future.

Wp8 is not for an other YEAR!!! so they better step it up befor then , witch they are... THANK GOD.
waiting for w8 would have been a bad move by MS... we got MANGO specifi

Like FUSION Sentinel for example is expected to be on par if not better than MOST IOS games in terms of graphics, features and playability.

Great APPS and games are starting to show up , and honestly we probly won’t see ported games that much from IOS , which is a good things cause most IPHONE games are now OLD and UGLY compare to what we can do..

what i expect to see is DEVELOPERS developing for Multiple platforms at once. or developing exclusive games to specific OS.

I would STOP hoping for PORTS and start wishing for NEW Innovative games.

Last edited:

Dark Mirage

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
While I appreciate your comments re: market share and have said similar things on other threads in these same forums, it's still fun to talk about games that we as gamers would like to see.

Yeah I know... I think I just feel let down by the constant appraisal on this forum given to games we can't play on our phone. It just feels lame that we are still talking about games everyone else has after 12 months of waiting.

It's not like I haven't done the same thing myself :p. I started a thread some time ago about games I'd like to see: http://forums.windowscentral.com/marketplace-games/181370.htm.

I guess my patience is beginning to wear thin... But you're right; I shouldn't let that drag the forums down. I'll try refrain from making similar comments as much as possible.

Dark Mirage

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Soon ;). I have to budget for gaming right now hahaha. Presents and such for Christmas are coming up. I bought Batman, so it'll have to keep me busy through most of November here. I'm guessing you have it?

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I spent the bank getting Sonic Generations this month. It's absolutely fantastic for fans of the classic games and characters. I had some PayPal money sitting around so I preordered Batman Arkham City on Steam (It's GFWL so it still has Achievements!), but it doesn't come out till November 22, yikes.

Dark Mirage

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I spent the bank getting Sonic Generations this month. It's absolutely fantastic for fans of the classic games and characters. I had some PayPal money sitting around so I preordered Batman Arkham City on Steam (It's GFWL so it still has Achievements!), but it doesn't come out till November 22, yikes.

It'll be worth the wait. Arkham City is the best single player game I've tried this year. The main story itself isn't overly long, but there is a sick amount of additional content this time around. By far the best modern beat-em-up you can buy IMO.

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I played through Arkham City recently. Fun game but a bit too much like Arkham Asylum. There is a lot to do outside the main campaign though so it's worth a look for all those who enjoy sticking with one game for a long time. I just wrapped up Uncharted 3 yesterday and will probably move on to some of my backlog of games (Super Mario Galaxy, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Bioshock, etc). That being said, I'm looking forward to this holiday with the release of Halo Anniversary, Skyrim, Metal Gear Collection, Zelda, etc. (and Fusion Sentinel of course). Damn expensive hobby and I haven't even had time for Dark Souls and Forza 4!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett