No Love for WP RPGS'!!

ALborntoride

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Anyone got any information on any coming rpg's for Wp?? Anything would be great (well not anything..ie Hydlyde) You would think that it woud be easy for a developer to bring Breath of Fire of FF3 to Wp. Would love to see some old school rpg love on the Windows platform. I'm hoping for something along the lines of Shining Force or FF Tactics even. Anyone got a fav RPG they want to see come to WP marketplace.

Here's my short list
1. Breath of Fire 1,2,3
2. Shining Force 1,2,3
3. Panzer Dragoon Orta
4. Skies of Arcadia
5. Phantasy Star series
6. Final Fantasy series
7. An original classic rpg exclusive

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone got any information on any coming rpg's for Wp?? Anything would be great (well not anything..ie Hydlyde) You would think that it woud be easy for a developer to bring Breath of Fire of FF3 to Wp. Would love to see some old school rpg love on the Windows platform. I'm hoping for something along the lines of Shining Force or FF Tactics even. Anyone got a fav RPG they want to see come to WP marketplace.

Here's my short list
1. Breath of Fire 1,2,3
2. Shining Force 1,2,3
3. Panzer Dragoon Orta
4. Skies of Arcadia
5. Phantasy Star series
6. Final Fantasy series
7. An original classic rpg exclusive

Maybe for Apollo but not for Mango this is what MS should do. Get their Xbox guys to go over to their top 3rd party developers and say hey look at Xbox sales then throw WP's at them and say were building a stronger Xbox Live community accross phones tablets and laptops give us some games.

For the strong devs throw money at them :)

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I'd rather see some of the great XBLIG make the transition to WP such as Breath of Death, Cthulu Saves the World, Doom & Destiny, Cursed Loot, Soulcaster, etc. Complete with achievements and other XBL support. It could happen, we are getting Zombies on the Phone after all.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
It all depends with MS 360 marketing campain in Japan lets see what they do. If devs were smart and want to make money you put your games and apps on WP ASAP

Terrin

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I'd rather see some of the great XBLIG make the transition to WP such as Breath of Death, Cthulu Saves the World, Doom & Destiny, Cursed Loot, Soulcaster, etc. Complete with achievements and other XBL support. It could happen, we are getting Zombies on the Phone after all.

It was confirmed on here we are getting doom & destiny

http://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-live-indie-games-works-windows-phone-7

and for cthulu saves the world and breath of death the developer said they were leaning towards going onto wp7 but the market wasn't big enough yet *this was back in mid august so that could have easily changed by now to a yes or no answer sense it is easy to port I don't see why they wouldn't take a shot at porting if ms would give them the full xbl treatment on the titles they would sell like hotcakes.

Edit: I was just rereading the article from doom and estiny and there was no information that it was going to be a xbl or just a indie title so here is hoping that microsoft gives them the thumbs up for xbl so it makes a ton more sales

Last edited:

Daedalus_T

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I just asked about this on reddit the other day... somebody chimed in that maybe he would try to make a JRPG-style game since nobody else could name any, and I'm also going to try once I get a little further in my WP7 devving than just the "Shooter" tutorial :)

L

lumic

There was something amazing about Windows Mobile. I didn't realise until I went back yesterday to configure my HTC Touch for my brother - there are games with intricate story lines, many older PC ports. You don't see much immersion in Windows Phone gaming - in fact, it's plain pissed me off to see Microsoft continue to trumpet 2D casual games as premium XBL titles that deserve a premium price.

If Microsoft had ports of PC games from the early 2000s, Windows Phone would be a very, very solid gaming platform.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss