ARMED! The best wp7 game I've ever played

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
If it's a good game I'll never know. I switched from my iphone/blackberry for one thing "achievements". Metro is cool and all but I love xbox live. I don't care how good a game is if it's not a xbox live title I'm not spending one dime on it or one minute playing it. Hey I know a lot of people play non live titles. We all have a choice. I just hope if the game is this good the devs will apply for live status like a few other indies did. Then I'd be playing it for sure.

!LOL!!! HAHAHAH,!!!! ROLF!!!!! .. LMAO!!!! ... HEHEHEHEHE ....

@ It's a thrill hearing that sound a achievement makes when you unlock it.

HAHAHAHA

* It's a whole new element to the game, not only do you play but you get rewarded for meeting the guidelines of the achievement.*

NON XBL games have *achievements* they just dont give you points on your XBL account so not only XBL games have Rewards you for meeting specific guidelines . sure you dont get to add to your useless game score.....but w/e your missing out on ALLOT of good qualaty game.

AND BTW!!! if ARMED goes over to a XBL games, it will DOUBLE up on the price just because it has achievements... ah well, i guess not all of us have cash to trow around like you :p

you remind me of my friend , he plays games that he HATES just to get the point... i feel bad for him... ;)

99% of the better games are NON XBL AND FREE!!!... BTW. thought id share that :) cause your missing out!!!!

i for one rather cheap and better games ...

- ARMED ( best WP strategy game )
- Arcane TD ( better then any TD XBL game and its free ) and has map editor!!!
- Astral battle ( best WP card game (magic the gathering style( FREE))
- Sqare off ( fun shooter game on PAR with XBL and free )
- Armord Valley ( awesome DOTA style game and free )
- 3d Tank Multiplayer ( awesome multilayer shooter AND FREE!! )

the list goes on!!

and thats just a phew. ( some of them are free and still better then MOSt XBL games )

and BTW not ONE XBL game is multilayer. but ALLOT of the non XBL games are...
but you sound like a SOLO player so it probly doesn't matter....

Last edited:

RayBatts

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Sorry guys, been REALLY busy! Let me try to hit some of the questions asked...

@jtn05 - You may have one single player match going at a time (This includes the Tutorial). As far as multiplayer goes, you can have one RANKED match going at a time, and as many Custom Matches going at one time as your heart desires! No limit to the amount of custom matches you can have going.

@Winning Guy - Can you please go to armedgame.com/support and send us a detailed report on what happened, and how you got this to happen? This way we can fix it in a future release.

@Tbonenga - It's really not as simple as pushing the "XboxLive" button : ( We hope to add Achievements through the Scoreloop system as soon as we can though, so there's that to look forward to! Just keep ARMED! in mind if you see a little free time during your day... There's a free trial! ; )

Thanks a lot for everybody's support in this, it means a lot to us. We have a lot in store for ARMED! coming soon, so keep an eye out and keep battling! Keep the input coming, we seriously take every comment into consideration into making ARMED! a better product.

I'll try to check this thread more often but things are crazy at the moment, and there's plenty to do.

jtn05

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site

HAHAHAHA

* It's a whole new element to the game, not only do you play but you get rewarded for meeting the guidelines of the achievement.*

NON XBL games have *achievements* they just dont give you points on your XBL account so not only XBL games have Rewards you for meeting specific guidelines . sure you dont get to add to your useless game score.....but w/e your missing out on ALLOT of good qualaty game.

AND BTW!!! if ARMED goes over to a XBL games, it will DOUBLE up on the price just because it has achievements... ah well, i guess not all of us have cash to trow around like you :p

you remind me of my friend , he plays games that he HATES just to get the point... i feel bad for him... ;)

99% of the better games are NON XBL AND FREE!!!... BTW. thought id share that :) cause your missing out!!!!

the list goes on!!

and thats just a phew. ( some of them are free and still better then MOSt XBL games )

you just took the words right out of my mouth lol.

Also, good point about multilayer. To me this makes games like ARMED more worth the money than most XBL games because it adds replay value.

I could see going crazy over achievements if you could trade them in for microsoft points or something useful, but as of right now they literally do noting lol.

Last edited:

TomSpilman

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
So speaking of achievements.

Is it strictly XBL achievements that matter? What makes them better?

Why are Scoreloop achievements not as good?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
So speaking of achievements.

Is it strictly XBL achievements that matter? What makes them better?

Why are Scoreloop achievements not as good?

Any games you play on the Xbox console unlocks achievement adding to your XBox Live gamerscore, other gaming achievements are seperate, and don't form part of your XBox Live gamerscore.

I think the 'Real' XBox Live achievents are the only ones that count if your an achievement whore. :)

Not that I'm one of those of course. :D

Achievement Gamerscore is of course totally useless apart from giving you bragging rights.
I have more than you, so I'm better etc etc

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Achievement Gamerscore is of course totally useless apart from giving you bragging rights.
I have more than you, so I'm better etc etc

i dont think having more makes you better.... lol .... just shows how much time you spend on games. lol...

i dont think i have HALF the achievements on 100% of my games lol!! i get bored to fast.

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
If you are a person who refuses to play nothing besides non XBL titles then I hope you reconsider. First of all they have trials and do absolutely no harm in trying.

As a few people stated and re-iterated, ARMED! and Arcane's TD are the top 2 games on wp7 IMO and I'm sure almost every WP owner will agree with me. If anything, support the OS that you bought and paid for. If we don't support the devs then why would they want to make apps/games for WP when they could make then on IOS and android. They are doing us a great honor by choosing to develop for us and not the other OS's. If we want WP too succeed then the marketplace must also succeed or we will watch the only OS that we love fail, slowly and painfully.

Please stop hurting us abs help us! :(

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

HAHAHAHA

the list goes on!!

Absolutely, amazingly said. Like others have said, you took the words right out of my mouth. I agree with you 100% and I hope this person who you are talking too will help wp7 succeed, which he bought, and start supporting our OS...

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

RayBatts

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey All,

We're looking into making some balance changes soon, and would really appreciate your input on what you think should happen! Hit up our news post from JamesF, the lead designed of ARMED! detailing his opinions on the state of balance in ARMED! and some of his suggestions for improvement.

JamesF's Balance Changes.

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello to the Devs of Armed!

Nice game. Love the 3D effects, game play etc. Very addictive. The two biggest issues I have encountered in the game are:
1) countdown timer is very laggy. In each round a 6 or 7 second run takes about double time, even 30 seconds. A 20 minute play soon becomes a 2 hour play. Although apparently addictive enough to go the full two hours, it does infulence the game experience somewhat.
2) the animations during countdown are very laggy. The more ellements that appear in the game, the slower the countdown timer and the slower the animations become. This part actually ruins the game. Only the beginning is fun, because of the true undisturbed animations.

My advice of fixes?
The above mentioned two.
My advice what to leave out: the flying drones. hardly ever build them and thus hardly use them. I harly use the floating tanks either.That also applies for the large missile silo's.
Weapons I use the most:
-The flying jets
-The big 6 legged spider tanks
-the smaller 6 legged spider tanks
-the big robots.
-the laser guns
-the rocktsilos
What would I like to see improved?
-rockets from the jets
-big lasers on the robots.
-aquatic weapons: subs and boats.

Good luck, hope this helps.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I love this game, but there are definitely some problems. jtn05 and I have yet to complete a full game. It's disappeared, or locked up. Right now I can't load up our game without the game crashing!

jtn05

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait for the balance changes because these tanks are driving me crazy. If a person makes a big group of tanks there is nothing you can do to stop it. Besides that i love this game.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb