Noob question about Xbox Live Games

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Forgive the noob question, but I've purchased several xbox live games now, and it looks to me like they aren't actually on the phone. I need to open xbox live before I can access them. is Xbox Live an online storage and play area?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
You will have a gamertag associated with your games SteelSteve, this will be your identity on XBox Live.

The XBox Live service is what awards you your gamerscore and achievements.

They will be on your phone, but they won't show up as apps, they show in your XBox Live games hub. :)

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Any app labeled as a game goes into your Game Hub, and is not accessible from the the App list. Just a way to keep games from getting lost in a long list of apps. They are still on your phone.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Gotcha, I was hoping they were kept as some kind of online gaming service to keep from using phone memory. Thanks guys for the quick response.

Terrin

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised with a upcoming update with the cloud service on the xbox to store a few of the xbox live games on there as it wouldn't be hard to share as it is linked to the gamertag.

blackhawk7188

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised with a upcoming update with the cloud service on the xbox to store a few of the xbox live games on there as it wouldn't be hard to share as it is linked to the gamertag.

I think this would be inpartical and would cause a waste of data on networks. I mean I cant even download a podcast without wifi or pc connection so I doubt cloud saving of games will come in the near future, at least for the phones. I would like to see online matchmaking first for something like need for speed rather than cloud saving.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro