Wordament Getting XBox Live Status

coffeemike

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Okay, the new guy question - I've been on WP for a week and a half now, and had assumed that XBL wasn't a status but something more fundamental in the game - is it a badge on a title and not a functional difference?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
The XBox360 console runs on the XBox Live service for online game playing.

Each member who uses the service has a Gamertag (mine is The Wee Bear)

Completing certain tasks in games earns you achievements which in turn awards you your gamerscore coffeemike. :)

There'a also lots of streaming radio and video services on it as well.

Your avatar that you see on your WP runs from the service too.

It's Microsoft's online gaming service, Sony has it's own equivalent, the Playstation Network.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...%2Fwww.xbox.com%2Fen-GB%2Flive&token=6rr4UGZB

Hope that makes some sense. :D

Last edited:

coffeemike

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! It does - long story, but my son has had his gamertag for years, and piggybacked on my then-MS Passport. Now that I'm on WP, we're moving his gamertag off so I can claim my own.

So, for a WP game to get XBL status, it may or may not support online play, and achievements are integrated into XBL? Cool!

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes exactly, games that have XBL status come with Achievements (Gamerscore) and the ability to play with others on the XBL service.

There isn't currently much online playing with others involving the phone as of yet though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon