Who was tried this game yet? I played the trial for a bit. The game looks to be great fun, if not for the terrible lag.

I believe Titan is one of the best devices and it just can't handle this game... which takes away all the fun.
    04-11-2012 08:04 AM
    Who was tried this game yet? I played the trial for a bit. The game looks to be great fun, if not for the terrible lag.

I believe Titan is one of the best devices and it just can't handle this game... which takes away all the fun.
    Also tried this game, you wait forever each time you try and battle, each time you visit a town, ect. Super slow, super laggy. Unresponsive controls that caused me to flat out float away from battles several times because it would not register my touches.

Major choppiness in the cut scenes ruin them for me. Generally seems badly done to me anyway. Graphics stink imo, I owned Pirates for my computer and the graphics do not have the same sharp bright quality to them, blurry to me just like Civ was. I've not been so disappointed in games in a long time, but Civ and Pirates are just not well done. Really sucks as they are two games I loved, but not on WP.

Xbox live titles have got to do better than this! Plus knowing that they may never get updated to fix the issues makes them both a do not buy from me anyway.
    04-11-2012 08:45 AM
    Yeah... I don't really mind a game being buggy etc., but it seems things hardly ever get fixed on WP7 XBox Live. Too bad...

Oh, and was it just me or were even the subtitles pixelated?
    04-11-2012 10:19 AM
    Oh I'm glad I read these posts. I was looking forward to it, going to buy it right out - now I'll demo it first.
    itsall4tay likes this.
    04-11-2012 10:31 AM
    Definetly demo it first. I think the problems can be overcome if you have a lot of patience and don't mind the game stuttering...
    04-11-2012 10:48 AM
    Oh, and was it just me or were even the subtitles pixelated?
    Ha, it's not just you because I thought the same thing! I was wondering is I was just imagining it but apparently not. Sigh, I loved this game too. I almost just bought it and decided to try the demo after seeing Civ and I'm glad I did.

Why big developers cannot do this right when games like Majesty and Armed! do it right is beyond me. Oh well, they'll get my support then.
    04-11-2012 03:00 PM
    Funny, I don't experience any lag at all, only a slight ocasional stuttering, which isn't even annoying.

Load times are a little long, but overall performance seem to be good. I have an LG Optimus 7

I'm tempted to buy it, but I'm still waiting for a review first.
    04-11-2012 05:27 PM
    Isn't stuttering the same as lag? And what do you mean by occasional? I have some stuttering every 3-5 seconds when sailing. Terrible.
    04-12-2012 04:23 AM
    Isn't stuttering the same as lag? And what do you mean by occasional? I have some stuttering every 3-5 seconds when sailing. Terrible.
    Lag is actually a term that should only be used for latency, like in online games.

I get the same small stuttering on PES 2012, it's just a tiny hiccup every now and then, it doesn't really bother me. Overall performance is good.

Controls are also responsive for me, I think they're intentionally less accurate when entering a naval battle.

I'll record a video of the trial later, so you guys can check if it's the same on your devices.
    04-12-2012 08:18 AM
    That would be cool! I'm interested to see how the game performs on your device.
    04-12-2012 10:15 AM
    That would be cool! I'm interested to see how the game performs on your device.
    Here you go: (Sorry for the low quality, I recorded it with a Nokia 5530)

As you can see, overall performance is good on my Optimus 7, just the ocassional hiccup. Is it worse on your device?

BTW, I'm hoping for the hiccups to go away with the Tango update, due to the better memory management.
    04-12-2012 05:09 PM
    I have the full version on a Focus S and I'm loving it. The o ly complaint I would have is the loading screens sometimes take 5-10 seconds to load which can get annoying. Otherwise it has been a blast re-living this great game.
    04-12-2012 08:54 PM
    like the trail but wanna see some reviews before buying it...is this a straight port from the ipad version? Would reading the ipad reviews = the WP7 version + the lagging issues discussed here?
    Last edited by mrmprince; 04-14-2012 at 03:00 PM.
    04-13-2012 10:14 PM
    Here you go: (Sorry for the low quality, I recorded it with a Nokia 5530)

As you can see, overall performance is good on my Optimus 7, just the ocassional hiccup. Is it worse on your device?

BTW, I'm hoping for the hiccups to go away with the Tango update, due to the better memory management.
    Well that's totally acceptable. I hadn't had trouble on my Trophy, but was still unsure. I updated to Tango I think just yesterday, so I will try it again. I have been busy with the 7 99 cent games lately.
    04-13-2012 10:50 PM
    Help! My ship is stuck on land! how do i get it out? I've googled and it sounds like the PC version had a similar problem and players had to start from the last save point..
    04-17-2012 09:01 AM
    I'm biased because I've loved this game since Commodore 64 and have had it on pretty much every device I have owned since then.

With that said... The load times are annoying and cut scenes are laggy, but I don't believe that is an issue with the platform. It seems to be more with coding of the app, itself. It has been ported and re-ported. Hopefully they go back and adress those.

Also, it's frustrating that there is no loot/reward for sacking a city, other than replacing the ruling government.

I haven't had any issue with gameplay, itself on my Trophy.
    04-17-2012 09:56 AM
    I've played it on both a Titan and a 900, and I've had none of the performance issues mentioned asside from the several-second loading times for fights and cities.

The whole sacking of a city thing bothers me as well, Gungzwei. Also, it appears that you can't sneak into a city to use the tavern and such via boarding party either.
    04-18-2012 07:44 PM
    The past days I've been playing this to the point where my shoulders are starting to feel sore from grasping my phone too long. :)

Besides the loading times, I think they've made a very nice port of the parts that are included in the game. Maybe the screen feels a bit cramped when sailing with the minimap open, but it feels like one of those things you get a hang of after a while.

While there's still plenty to do in the game I do miss the land exploration and the other cut bits. The base game still feels reasonably priced for a ported version of a "real" game, so I wouldn't mind paying a few points for an expansion that brings back the missing bits.
    Last edited by anodynamic; 04-18-2012 at 09:10 PM.
    04-18-2012 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD