It's mind-boggling market has no fps or decent rpg

urazilation

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I got a focus about a month ago. Metro UI is ok. zune music and video are well taught out. But, I still don't understanding why wp7 has no fps or decent rpg not even from microsoft studio. Ever since microsoft insisted $3 plus premium for xbox live games, they added a lot of casual games with higher price tag, but no fps like modern combat, nova from gameloft (although they are ripped-off) which I enjoyed very much on other platforms. If MS brought halo or age of empires from get-go to showcase how wp7 devices were capable against the competition with "xbox" name attached, wp7 might have attracted more smartphone gamers.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I'd pay $10 for AoE II. I've been saying this for almost a year, but it's fallen on deaf ears :[

I have a feeling that an immersive and responsive FPS is rather hard to pull off with current hardware. Splinter Cell feels slightly laggy on my Omnia 7. Regardless, if Microsoft doesn't remedy this solution when the powerful Apollo devices are out, I'd be seriously annoyed.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
There are a few nice RPGs in the marketplace but yeah, I'd love some XLB offerings. Hopefully something comes along soon.

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
There are a few RPG's but no real adventure game. Dragon's Blade is as close to a classic turn-based RPG you can get. But that game is not very fun for other reasons.

The RPG/strategy type of games I enjoy the most on WP are:

Fusion: Sentient
The Harvest
Majesty
The Fall of Gods

Not one single "true" RPG though. We need them. I want a quality Xbox live RPG...

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Care to name those RPG's? I came from android and I'm also disappointed...

Dragon's Blade
Dungeon Stalker
Unity Tactics
FaeryQuest
Sword of Rapier
VII Voices
UberMage

MMO Style
Age of Sorcery

Not all of these are the "best" games but they were all fun. Some for a longer time than others.

There are two more but I think they are no longer in marketplace and I cannot remember their exact name - one was amazing like Phantasy Star I. I'll have to find it...

Age of Sorcery is great fun and the devs are pumping out content as fast as possible. They are going to have something spectacular when it's done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo