Thoughts on Gun Bros?

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Just downloaded it last night, played for a while. Not sure I like the free games where you have the option to spend $ for items tho. (read on for my reason why lol)

The gameplay on my Lumia 900 was pretty good, smooth, fast and fun. But on my wifes 1st gen Focus it was a little slower to load and got choppy at times.

I actually bought some items with some xbox points I had on my account from over a year ago, but when I bought a couple top level items, I realized that I had pretty much spent the equivalent of $50 on items! ouch! This was obviously my own fault for not knowing what the point to $ ratio was.

Anyways, I'm well invested into this game now, so I hope to get as much out of it as possible now.

I'd like to know of other ppls thoughts on this game, I like the possibility of having "buffs" from having friends who have the game, but I have few friends that have WPs...

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
havent played much , but so far , im loving it!

only thing is the multyplaye is dumb... you dont play with a friend , your bro just gets your friends gear and the AI plays... lame.

For the Real $$ store , meh its just a way for them to make cash you dont actually need to pay real $ to finish the game or to have the top gear. its mostly just to get it finished faster,.

im playing it right now at work on my FOCUS rev1.3 first gen , zero problems so far. now i dont have a L900 to compare it to but im not noticing any problems or lag.

loading takes 10-20 sec ... i dont find that a valid complaint... if 10-20 sec loading wait time gets any one pissed off put your phone down behind the wheel of a car and revers over it.

or smoke some green and chill....

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I like it now I've got more used to it. Once I realized I could move about more freely I started actually winning. Now working my way to the bigger guns. I agree though with so few people I know actually owning a WP can't really explore the MP. Still fun though.

Ariose

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I actually start to like the game. The controls are a bit harsh and small. But overall this game has plenty of content. Bro-ops is unexpected a nice Live feature. If you can manage to get a few active players (who daily complete the single player challenges) in your friend list it is probably possible to start hunting for the normally paid item.

First game of Glu worth playing. :p

Last edited:

nrask7

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I actually start to like the game. The controls are a bit harsh and small. But overall this game has plenty of content. Bro-ops is unexpected a nice Live feature. If you can manage to get a few active players (who daily complete the single player challenges) in your friend list it is probably possible to start hunting for the normally paid items. If you want you can add me. ;)

First game of Glu worth playing. :p

Please send me an invite. "Desert Fox0420" anyone is welcome. I am new to this WP multiplayer stuff but am willing to learn. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

havox22

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
The sound is off/lags when shooting guns, was'nt like that on android version, plus on android they made it where u could get free warbucks, it takes ages to load

Fun game still, just disappointed in the quality, playing this makes me want native code for devs sooooo much, cant wait for wp8

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Mindless killing. Not really my type of thing. Gets old very quickly for me. I need a story and stuff in a game to keep me interested.

DarkSynopsis

Sep 13, 2011
Game is ok... I had played it in the past on iOS any enjoyed it for awhile but now that I can aim for some achievements I will have more reason to try fit in a few games each day!

The Virtual Thumb Sticks will put me off on most games but I find this one much harder then say Z0MB1ES (on teh ph0ne) since sometimes I will just end up not moving since my thumb has left the area!

Overall though its enjoyable in small chunks and well its free :)

Feel free to add me! (GT: DarkSynopsis) only got 1 friend with a Windows Phone on my list as is! I'm sure some more Bro Buffs could be useful and getting challenges done :)

greensea

May 29, 2012
Visit site
mobile\pads gaming?

the graphics sucks, gameplay is boring, controls are lame .

all that development efforts wasted on ipad, iphone, android, wp etc what a pity :D

a generation of kid will grow up thinking the ipad is the gaming experience. how sad

want proper games get pc ps3 xbox or wii

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I probably haven't given it enough time to sink in (playing through Puzzle Quest 2 on the go), but for some reason the menu system in Gun Bros is a huge turn off. It feels clunky and I hate that so much of the paid stuff is mixed in with the regular items. As for the game itself, it's pretty similar to Smash TV, Geometry Wars, etc. and it's free so no complaints there.

Feel free to add me if you want to play sometime, I also do a fair amount of gaming on the Xbox. jdegreez

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Any of you guys active Horde players? Looking for players so I dont have to play with the quitting, swearing 14 year olds on Live. :dry

Wacft

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
The upper tier items are way way way over priced. Like to get a full set of the best armor is over $100(estimating). But it is free and you can grind it out for free. My GT is the same as my UN if you need Bros!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
wired, i have friends in the leader board but no bros?!

PS. i just compared it to GUN BROS on my Buds Iphone 4.

the Iphone version is a LITTLE better , but the screen is ZOOMED out compare to me being ZOOMED in to the point i can see the stretch marks on my Bro's arms.. rolf..

Also Iphone version has Advertising ( annoying as ****)

controls = SAME thing. but they have more animation they have a little green arrow pop up when you move but they are all the same. typical touch screen controls.

Ariose

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Some people have been reporting problems with the Bro's and Bro-Buffs. I've filled a report ticket at the official site of Glu. However remembering the horrible service with Bug Village, that game still doesn't work correctly in some localized areas..., I fear for the worst.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans