is anyone else having a horrible experience with Alphajax?

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The My games menu is a disater for me. It takes a bit to load the menu, refreshes are so delayed that when I was playing it, I went and did a round with a player and then went back to the my games menu and there was suddenly a dozen notifications that it was my turn or there were people asking to play me. some where up to atleast 4 hours old.

also, If I want to close the game I have to press the back button through every round I've played since I opened the app.

Last edited:

Keith Patton

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
What device do you have? My games loads pretty quickly for most, not heard any reports of performance problems in the app with our testing and reviews. You can just close the app at any time. The back button will take you back from a game to the main menu and then out, it won't take you back through all your games. There are a lot of notifications at the moment granted as it's very new and there are a lot of new excited users coming on board, but they should calm down soon.

There are official forums here Alphajax - Alphajax - A - D - Xbox.com Forums - Xbox.com if you have any more problems.

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
What device do you have? My games loads pretty quickly for most, not heard any reports of performance problems in the app with our testing and reviews. You can just close the app at any time. The back button will take you back from a game to the main menu and then out, it won't take you back through all your games. There are a lot of notifications at the moment granted as it's very new and there are a lot of new excited users coming on board, but they should calm down soon.

There are official forums here Alphajax - Alphajax - A - D - Xbox.com Forums - Xbox.com if you have any more problems.
I am using a Lumia 822. The back button takes me through every panel I've opened since launching the app. I get notifications from XBox live about turns but they do not show up under My Games unless I open them from the notification. I can go 7 hours and even close the app and relaunch it and they do not show up until several hours later.

Keith Patton

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
sorry, we're not finding that at all. all your turns will be in my games. if someone has invited you but hasn't played a move the game will still be under their turns. If you are in a game, and hit back you'll go back to the My Games pivot screen, then back again to the main menu. You never have to hit back more than twice. There is actually also a main manu link in the game screen also via the menu items (did you know you can "pin to start" with any game also?

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
When you go into a game, if you select 'main menu' from the three dots and then choose another game, then pressing back repeatedly will take you back through all your games. Instead, just use the back button to return to the menu. :)

Sometimes the game is a little slow - but never more than 5 seconds or so. Usually instantaneous.

Sometimes the app itself takes a while to load..."shuffling tiles"? What does that mean?

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Works fantastic on my 900. My gf doesn't like that on her 920 the notifications in the games hub need to be manually deleted. Only thing is I wish I could turn off random invites. Got 9 in an hour from people I didn't know. Maybe a stranger game limit because I rather play my friends...

Anywho, runs smooth on both devices.

kittshelby

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Get Wordfeud. It also has a Windows 8 version; that's the reason I'm using Wordfeud as oppose to other scabble games. Also, the Wordfeud game is paid, but there is an unlimited trial with ads. Also, I personally like the clean and neutral design of Wordfeud over the brightly designed AlphaJax and Words with friends.

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
When I try to start a game I get this error message:

alphajax-error.jpg

Not sure what I'm supposed to be doing (i.e. where I'm supposed to make those settings changes).
I have a Nokia 822

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
you can make them at Xbox.com, but chances are the settings are correct, the flaw is with Alphajax. If you have your games request setting set to Friends Only, you should still be able to SEND requests to people who have it set to Everyone. Alphajax does not honor this.

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I had to change the voice, text... stuff to everyone in order for it to work. Kinda blows but I'll see how it goes. Thanks for the info.

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Have you an example of a game which allows you to send a game invite while set to Friends Only? As far as I can make out, as discussed elsewhere, AlphaJax is honouring your settings. It says nothing in the Xbox settings about being able to send invites to strangers.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I send game requests to people on Xbox all the time who have their settings set to everyone. Renegade Ops and Binary Domain for starters. There are no "xbl mobile settings" and "xbl xbox settings" they apply to all of XBL. Alphajax is honoring the settings for people not to send me requests, but it is mistaken in preventing me from creating a game and sending a request to a stranger who -does- have their settings set to everyone.

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't think this is correct. It states in the xbox settings -- which, as you say, apply to both xbox and mobile -- "Decide who to communicate with using voice and text on Xbox LIVE. This includes voice and text chat, messaging, and game invites."

That sounds to me like the restriction should work both ways. In fact it would probably specify "this only applies to incoming communication". It's pretty bloody vague though, to be honest, and definitely up to interpretation, but it looks to me like the AlphaJax team have followed the letter of the law on this one.

blindfromthesun

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
My main gripe is that that notifications in the Xbox app are always wrong and don't update. The app is great- its better than words with friends and scrabble imo. It doesn't have Facebook connectivity however I consider that a plus.

Retro_uk

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm absolutely NOT having the experience where using the back button takes me back to the main menu then out of the game. It takes me back to the main menu, then back through every move I have made. Every single time I use the app. Not good.

The turns notifications gets jumbled if you don't delete notifications from the Xbox Live tab. I'll get pop ups that I have x amount of turns. But it is because the game is picking up turns that I hadn't deleted from Xbox Live screen. I wish there was a mass delete button for those, but I guess that is an MS issue.

But yeah, no matter what I try - pressing back takes me back through every step, even if the main menu if the one to pop up first on the initial press. I've given up on the game for now, as I have maybe a dozen games going, and going back through them all is no fun at all.

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I cannot even start playing it.. It tells to allow Xbox to sync game request, or something like that. Reinstalled, enabled all Settings in Xbox, still persists.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro