Wp8 gaming is such a disappointment

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I have plants vs zombies on steam and my iPhone. I'm not buying it on WP. My iPhone have close to 50 games. Most I paid for and really don't want to purchase again .

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Ragdoll Run Premium is probably the best windows phone game ever made, much better than Temple Run on other platforms.
also, ilomilo is the best xbox live windows phone game ever made.
buy those^

both have best-in-class graphics and excellent gameplay

sj55555

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I agree that the current games are amateurish garbage on the whole. The few gems there are on the platform are very small in scope ot basic in execution, like word based puzzlers.

But there is the potential. Skulls of the shogun looks to be the best game on any mobile platform according to its reviews and its a big, graphically adventurous and hardware pushing game that has the added boost of being playable over xbox, surface, windows pcs and Windows phone.

And what's more its exclusive to Windows Phone. Skulls shows the potential the platform has and what could be laying ahead over the next 12 months.

Not seeing this one.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Did your "friends" get their heads flushed down toilets when they were in high school or something?

No... they just played high end games like N.O.V.A 3 and Asphalt 6/7 on tjier DROIDS and all I play is bubble shooter...
:p
Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

pfroo40

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If Microsoft would invest some first party support in WP8 and Windows 8 RT they would draw attention to these platforms for gaming and raise the bar on the development quality standard. Instead they rely on 3rd party developers who either hack together a sub par port of iOS/Android games or are inexperienced independent developers who can't compete with the level of polish seen from large studios on other platforms. I had a WP7 device for over a year and only found one game really worth playing, Fable Coin Golf. Now on WP8 things haven't changed a whole lot, and I can't even play Coin Golf as it isn't compatible with WP8...

GreenLeaf182

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I agree. All my friends have iPhone or android and the have a much better selection and many of the games like angry birds are free to play with adds instead of the short free trial we get. If you like gaming I would not recommend wp8.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If Microsoft would invest some first party support in WP8 and Windows 8 RT they would draw attention to these platforms for gaming and raise the bar on the development quality standard. Instead they rely on 3rd party developers who either hack together a sub par port of iOS/Android games or are inexperienced independent developers who can't compete with the level of polish seen from large studios on other platforms. I had a WP7 device for over a year and only found one game really worth playing, Fable Coin Golf. Now on WP8 things haven't changed a whole lot, and I can't even play Coin Golf as it isn't compatible with WP8...

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Boonta

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
When i checked out windowphone market for games, it reminisce of the time when i was using BB playbook.

Everyday look into the marketplace and see same old games hitting top spot for 2 and a half months already. New games come quietly with not so quiet price. I finally made peace with it and sell it to someone who actually made use of the real multitask.

Now i plan to get window phone but i might have to buy an ipod touch for games as well. Thinking about it, i might just buy a brand new ipod touch and keep my old bb phone just for call and emails.

celikkoseoglu

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Its really a disappointment because;
-There are no good games except plants vs zombies, contre jour, dredd vs zombies and guns 4 hire
-Prices are very high compared to other platforms
-Some new games have performance issues (example: where is my water) because they are probably written in C# XNA
-The platform lacks support for Unity, Unreal Engine and other popular game engines
-Nobody wants to develop for Windows Phone 8 because sales are bad
-The processor of Lumia 920 aka Snapdragon S4 is slow compared to GS3 and iPhone 5

If Microsoft won't do something about the lack of games and applications, Windows Phone will die and people will #switchback to other platforms

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
-There are no good games except plants vs zombies, contre jour, dredd vs zombies and guns 4 hire{this is a matter of opinion but bull**** non the less}
-Prices are very high compared to other platforms{no not really}
-Some new games have performance issues (example: where is my water) because they are probably written in C# XNA{an assumption}
-The platform lacks support for Unity, Unreal Engine and other popular game engines{obviously you don't know what you are talking about}
-Nobody wants to develop for Windows Phone 8 because sales are bad{more bull****}
-The processor of Lumia 920 aka Snapdragon S4 is slow compared to GS3 and iPhone 5{wow you truly are clueless}

If Microsoft won't do something about the lack of games and applications, Windows Phone will die and people will #switchback to other platforms

Why wait. Go ahead and switch now and save yourself from your misery.

smdh

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

When you bought your phone, did you think MS marketshare was going to go from 2% to 30% in a month or two? When you decided to buy WP, what did you think would happen? Developers would line up to code WP titles the day they saw your phone was delivered to you? The same market forces that applied when you decided to buy apply now: MS has a small percentage of the phone OS pie and developers generally gravitate towards the platform with the largest market. Nothing's changed except apparently you've lost your buyers' remorse virginity. You make yourself look like an incompetent decisionmaker.

-E

celikkoseoglu

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
-I'm not saying that Windows Phone 8 is bad. I'm glad that I bought a Lumia 920. It is a great phone but windows phone store has a lack of apps.
-I am trying to help the situation by developing apps for Windows Phone 8. (I am porting my other projects from Windows Desktop).
-I'm sure that there is no Unity or Unreal Engine support right now.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
-There are no good games except plants vs zombies, contre jour, dredd vs zombies and guns 4 hire
-Prices are very high compared to other platforms
-Some new games have performance issues (example: where is my water) because they are probably written in C# XNA
-The platform lacks support for Unity, Unreal Engine and other popular game engines
-The processor of Lumia 920 aka Snapdragon S4 is slow compared to GS3 and iPhone 5

The Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II both have the S4 in them in the U.S. The same can be said for the RAZR HD.

mynameisJohn_q

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well on the point of needing graphically intensive games, "casual" puzzle games have the probability of making more money. Also I remember a while ago android's market place looked exactly like this all free ad based bubble games. in the end developers will only make console quality games when they know they can make a profit. So the only thing I can recommend is try some games you overlooked, cuz there are some treasures there, and maybe developers will get convinced the platform is here to stay.

ONE MORE THING Microsoft doesn't actually own many studios, so they can't carry the platform itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077