Temple Run 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm not going to buy an iPhone just because it has Temple Run2. However I'm frustrated that they've released Temple Run 2 on iOS and soon on Android as well, while we don't EVEN HAVE the old Temple Run.

Why should they waste resources porting Temple Run 1 (a 1,5-year-old game) to a new OS when there is a newer version in the works? You should be a bit more patient with WP8...

zilab

May 24, 2011
Visit site
like I said, if you really must have it, instead of switching completely to iOS why not buy an iPod touch, just to fill the hole wp8 is lacking.

Works for me, I don't mind carrying an additonal iDevice. and use my HTC 8x as my daily driver.

aggie

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
like I said, if you really must have it, instead of switching completely to iOS why not buy an iPod touch, just to fill the hole wp8 is lacking.

Works for me, I don't mind carrying an additonal iDevice. and use my HTC 8x as my daily driver.

This is exactly what I do. Ive only had my L920 for a week now but I really love WP8. Obviously there are some things that need to be refined and the app ecosystem is still in need of a tremendous boost but as long as Microsoft stays behind the platform and gives it the attention that it needs then I'm certain that the holes in the platform will be filled over time. I don't think it will ever reach the level of market share that iOS and Android hold but if they can hover somewhere between 10-20% they should be able to stay in a comfortable 3rd position and attract some of the bigger developers. Until then I will carry around my iPod Touch 5 and keep my Note 2 handy for when I need it.

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Why should they waste resources porting Temple Run 1 (a 1,5-year-old game) to a new OS when there is a newer version in the works? You should be a bit more patient with WP8...
I'd be damned if they'd release their TR 2. Maybe that was the reason they didn't even release Temple Run 1? Who knows... I just want a date, a real one.

zilab

May 24, 2011
Visit site
This is exactly what I do. Ive only had my L920 for a week now but I really love WP8. Obviously there are some things that need to be refined and the app ecosystem is still in need of a tremendous boost but as long as Microsoft stays behind the platform and gives it the attention that it needs then I'm certain that the holes in the platform will be filled over time. I don't think it will ever reach the level of market share that iOS and Android hold but if they can hover somewhere between 10-20% they should be able to stay in a comfortable 3rd position and attract some of the bigger developers. Until then I will carry around my iPod Touch 5 and keep my Note 2 handy for when I need it.

amen brotha, well on a positive note, xbox live arcade games is coming to windows phone platform, so thats very positive news.

ryker002

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I would if I could. However Microsoft ignored WP's Store once again, by not making The Gunstringer available.
Microsoft is doing all they can to create a incredible ecosystem for WP. If you think Windows Phone is the first one to go through this slow build up you're quite incorrect. I owned the second android ever released on AT&T the HTC Aria. When Android, like Windows Phone 8 is now, was just a growing operating system and just as Windows Phone will, Android gained the popular apps from iOS slowly, but surely and now look where Android is. All it takes is patience, and of course a bigger Marketshare. Remember that the Windows Phone's market share just reached a 2% market share. Android and iOS are way over at least 25% of the market.

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft is doing all they can to create a incredible ecosystem for WP. If you think Windows Phone is the first one to go through this slow build up you're quite incorrect. I owned the second android ever released on AT&T the HTC Aria. When Android, like Windows Phone 8 is now, was just a growing operating system and just as Windows Phone will, Android gained the popular apps from iOS slowly, but surely and now look where Android is. All it takes is patience, and of course a bigger Marketshare. Remember that the Windows Phone's market share just reached a 2% market share. Android and iOS are way over at least 25% of the market.
Ok... But then why Microsoft told us they'd bring really SOON these apps with WP8? (Temple Run/Shark Dash etc)

If you read the comments from that video I posted, you'll notice that more than 35% of the comments are WP users asking for Temple Run comming to US.

JMBasquiat

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, the game is not that great. I have the original Temple Run and I prefer that over this. I won't even mention the abomination known as "Temple Run: Brave", that was such a disaster.

naz23

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I have both Temple Run and Temple Run 2 on my iPod Touch. Both are awesome! Temple Run 2 is much more challenging than the older version.

p/s: I love WP and I love apps/games on iOS. iPod Touch is the only solution at the moment until WP's ecosystem mature enough and gets attention from all the big developers

VidJuhEffex

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Gunstringer is better though, wish it was on the phone more than Temple Run or its clone, I mean sequel (no, I definitely meant clone... fine, it's reskinning)

sharpinator

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Get an ipod touch to play a couple of games? Are you serious lol. I own an 8x (a smartphone worth about ?350) I'm going to expect it to be my driver for everything. I'm not fussed about temple run or anything like that but the ipod touch thing did make me laugh

msualum

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
My $0.02 - we spend more, our phones are better, we have unique tastes, we're not looking to be drones, we made the decision to support an ecosystem because it is fundamentally more intuitive and it 'just works - SO SHOW US SOME GAMING LOVE AND RELEASE THIS BAD BOY FOR WP8!!! Come on daddy Balmer - get these guys on board!

FeedTheShark

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
If the latest games are important to you, then you shouldn't be getting a Windows Phone, the ecosystem isn't mature or big enough yet to get priority from most developers. If getting the best phone, camera, OS are important then get WP and enjoy. I've shown my 920 to a lot of people and told them they should switch, but if they are massively into apps then they should wait til late Summer. I reckon that's when there will be enough growth that WP gets apps at the same time as the big 2, or not far behind. I imagine Nokia will have the thinner, lighter, better in some other ways sequel to the 920 out in September as well - for many people that will be the time to jump to WP.

But for me I'm loving my 920, many things I can see where they can make improvements, but coming from Android it's a pure pleasure to use and the odd missing app I can last without (or use my HP Touchpad I repurposed with Android).

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Just a thought, maybe the thought is among developers of games is that people are going to expect them to be ported over and done as xbl games. While the achievements are nice, maybe if we start asking the devs to release them as indie/3rd party games it would help speed porting?

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Just a thought, maybe the thought is among developers of games is that people are going to expect them to be ported over and done as xbl games. While the achievements are nice, maybe if we start asking the devs to release them as indie/3rd party games it would help speed porting?

I want the Xbox live achievements. They're a big deal for me. Fortunately Xbox Music is still tying me to Windows Phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12