Anyone else playing Doom & Destiny?

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Still a newbie to the game but I've started to learn quicker. I wonder if there's a fan made site that has a bunch of info to expand the game with, and if there isn't... There should be, the game is just that big enough for one.

premiumdude

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded it today...but then Snes8X came out the same day, so I've been playing 'A Link to the Past' : ) Will check it out though.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
It is amazing! I love it. Ssdly, iy still has issues with crashing on my 920, hopefully that will be adressed fast, because ohlawd its a fun game.

Premium: thanks for the heads up on snes8x! Didnt know it existed!

CommonBlob

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
oooh didn't see snes8x. Got to get me some of that :)

Yes im playing doom and destiny, again, crashing on my 920 but its a fun game. Seems to have pointless swearing in it though, which I found rather odd for what looks like a kids game

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Doom & Destiny is a fun game, incredibly well done, but it's far too unstable. Sometimes it's good for an hour, other times it crashes constantly.

I also suspect it's what led to some fairly dramatic battery drain. I haven't played them game since and I've been good.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I love the controls personally :D

I agree. The right-hand controls take getting used to, but once you've gotten used to them they're great. My favorite aspect is how the controls recenter around wherever you place your thumbs. This is incredibly helpful.

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
The crashing is an issue with windows 8 and if I've I read correctly on d&d's fb page... They should have already submitted the update to fix the issues along with other features. I have the 900 so I've only had 1 crash since I've been playing. Nothings perfect but good enough for me to enjoy the experience.

I'm an adult and to me, cussing makes this game more funny. You can say it looks like a kids game but this type of RPG is based off of old school ones like final fantasy which had these type of graphics due to hardware limitations. I'm sure if the dev could've made the game look like Skyrim, they would have or someone else would have. But this is not a game made for kids which I appreciate.

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to find a site like a wiki or something which will have much more info on this game, like stats and all that. I can't find anything really tho. Found one site which is what I'm looking for but a lot of the information is missing. If anyone gets frivolous and wants to fill info out, I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate it!!

http://gamewise.co/games/43972/Doom-Destiny

nander

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I started playing it after it got spotlighted on WPCentral, has only crashed on me twice. I love the game, have 9+ hours on the game already :p

Boggy79

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear the crashing issue may have been fixed. Played it when I first downloaded and thought it was a great game but 6 crashes in the first hour put me off. Haven't loaded it since. May give it another try now.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to get the devs to let me copy edit the game's script. The many grammatical and spelling mistakes are a major drag for a grammar Nazi such as myself. I would also tone down the language if given the choice, but fixing mistakes is the first priority. Wish me luck at talking them into it, guys. :)

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Please do release a version with fixed grammar, but without toning down the language? Since a word is harmless, and I like to stay true to the authors vision.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)