Undercover vs Hot Pursuit vs Asphalt

dipayanster

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I want to get a racer. I am using WP7.8 on Nokia Lumia 710.
I see there are three options: NFS Undercover, NFS Hot Pursuit and Asphalt 5.
Which one of these theree has best graphics, gameplay and replay value?
also any one of these has online competitive mode?

Abdul Rahman Noor

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't even aware there was an NFS:Undercover for WP8 (or maybe it's just compatible only with 7.5-7.8)

I tried the trial version and between the two I prefer Asphalt - the graphics seem nicer, the controls better, and overall more nicer. I must admit I'm not a HUGE gamer although I do like racing games, and my view neither Asphalt nor Hot Pursuit are really awesome - or at least good enough to purchase. Asphalt 7 on android seems in a completely different league and it makes me mad that we WP-ers are stuck on last century games.

Would be interesting to see a good racing game on the WP8 platform.

dipayanster

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
ok, i checked out all three and here is the summary:
asphalt's graphics is sub par. undercover's graphics is nice no doubt, but gameplay is way too easy and the carrier mode is very short and there is nothing to do after finishing carrier.
hot pursuit has best graphics of these three and game play is challenging to the point that it feels like playing a true pc version of nfs. There are two different independent progression tree in carrier mode (cop/ racer) not including custom racing set up using user defined parameters for free run ...lots of unlockable cars and tracks which needs serious grinding - ideal for casual gamers, it will keep you engaged for a very long time. only thing i miss in it is canyon duel mode of carbon :). after a couple of rounds of trial i went ahead and bought it and uninstalled the trials of asphalt and undercover.

Last edited:

havox22

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
If you can, wait for asphalt 7 to come to WP8. It has already been announced but not the release date. I have it on my iPod, and it is a very good, with good graphics.

dipayanster

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I am sticking to wp7 as off now and i doubt asphalt 7 will come to wp7.8. So hot pursuit it is.
Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm not bothering with any of the racing games until something new comes along. Asphalt seems to be the better looking of the three, but considering I've had Asphalt 5 on my iPad for well over a year it's unacceptable going back a version. Not to mention that I didn't find Asphalt 6 to be all that good of a game. It's fun for a bit, but eventually gets very tedious.

Honestly, I don't think any of the three games are particularly good. But I have even less confidence in EA than Gameloft.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs