Any Good Shooter Type Games for Windows Phone?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm seriously trying to look for some of these in Windows Phone.

So, what is a shooter type game? No, not FPS. I'm talking about SkyForce and Touhou .
Okay, maybe not bullet **** *looks at ZUN*, but any good STG would do.

Any suggestions?

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't think most people here know what you're talking about. You're talking about shmups, not shooters. The former usually involves spaceships and a ton of bullets and the latter is about guys with guns.

Unfortunately, no, there isn't much of anything out there. The one legitimately good game was DoDonPachi Maximum which was delisted because of incompatibility with Windows Phone 8. It looks like Cave interactive has no interest whatsoever in patching the game.

There's Shoot 1UP which gets decent ratings and looks better than most other shmups on Windows Phone. However, I've tried a few times and I just haven't been able to get into it. Radiant is really good, but it's got more of a retro feel. There's Impossible Shoota, Sky Striker HD, Air Dagger and Corona. They all get decent ratings but they look a bit amateurish.

There are the most noteworthy amongst everything I've found.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've played that... Awesome game.

It's ironic that a bunch of Cave's shmups have been released on Xbox Live but there are none available for Windows Phone.

ceraf

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I really want Dodonpachi Maximum on WP8, or any bullet **** shooter for that matter.

Might have to stick to R-type and Gradius on Snes8x =/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99