Another week without an Xbox game...

Pl4ub

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to windows phone with my L920 and I don't see what's with all the whining and crying about Xbox games. Achievements too important to some? Some of you want to buy a game every freaking week?
I'm still playing skulls of the shogun since launch of it, enough gaming on this one for me.

Metrosity

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to windows phone with my L920 and I don't see what's with all the whining and crying about Xbox games. Achievements too important to some? Some of you want to buy a game every freaking week?
I'm still playing skulls of the shogun since launch of it, enough gaming on this one for me.

I know it seems like its unwarranted whining but Xbox live status is usually reserved for more well known games like Final Fantasy etc so I'd like to see a consistent flow of the more well established games in addition to the relatively few indie gems on the Store as is. TLDR - I like games, sue me. :)

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Achievements are absolutely a big deal. It's an additional scoring metric that adds another layer of playability. iOS features this nearly universally with Game Center, why shouldn't we have the same thing? Given that Xbox Live pretty much established the concept, it makes it especially absurd that it isn't being pushed harder in Windows Phone.

The underlying concern is that it doesn't paint a positive picture for the future of the platform. Keep in mind that while Windows Phone 8 is only 4+ months old, Windows Phone 7 has been around for 2 years. The core of the OS has changed, but superficially it's the same environment. Promises that were made early on have not been delivered on. Worse, things seemed more promised back then than they do now. And logic would have dictated a much stronger app lineup to coincide with the launch of WP8.

Things may not be as bad as some make them out to seem, but there is still cause for concern.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon