Asphalt 7 tomorrow?

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
What a game!!! I am not so much into phone gaming and I actually hate racing games, but this one is really, really nice! I cant believe this is a phone game :D Definitely worth 99 cents. Good job, Gameloft!

P.S.: What a great game to show your amazing phone to non-wp-users :D

P.P.S.: It's kinda challengig I expected to finish the first races as 1st or 2nd (bot game), but I just made it to 4th from 6 :((( :p

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, this game's on non-Windows Phone platforms as well, and has been for some time, so not really something to "show off." The only game you can really show off, when it comes to Xbox LIVE titles, is Skulls of the Shogun, which is a very-impressive strategy title.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, this game's on non-Windows Phone platforms as well, and has been for some time, so not really something to "show off." The only game you can really show off, when it comes to Xbox LIVE titles, is Skulls of the Shogun, which is a very-impressive strategy title.

No! I'm sorry, and as much as I love windows phone, I hate these crap games (skulls, carcassone, galaga legions dx, etc). I know some like it, but they aren't as high quality as what iOS offers.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I HAVE SPENT HOURS TRYING TO GET THIS TO WORK. IVE TRIED RESETING MY PHONE AND LIKE A THOUSAND OTHER THINGS. I KEEP GETTING ERRORS ABOUT NO STORAGE OR NOT AVAILABLE FOR MY PHONE!

is there any way to download apps via usb?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
No! I'm sorry, and as much as I love windows phone, I hate these crap games (skulls, carcassone, galaga legions dx, etc). I know some like it, but they aren't as high quality as what iOS offers.

I like Skulls a LOT. I know I'm not anywhere CLOSE to alone in that sentiment, either. I mean, you say you hate it, and I agree that Galaga Legions was a giant mess (Carcassonne is pretty good, but I got it for free on my Xbox a LONG while ago, and don't care to buy it on my phone as well), but that's your opinion. I mean, to compare, here's a nice, long list of titles I don't care for (meaning games I find to be overrated, or total crap, and not limited to mobile games):

--Angry Birds (just not impressive)
--Cut the Rope (OK, but the childish atmosphere is annoying)
--Words With Friends (think it allows WAY too many stupid foreign words and don't see why it's better than the ACTUAL Scrabble game)
--Minecraft (just finished up the achievements on the Xbox version so I could stop playing it)
--Grand Theft Auto (think it's one of the WORST game franchises ever)
--Bejeweled (not a bad game, but I don't see how it's survived what seems more than a dozen iterations)

I mean, I could easily go on and on, then I could get to my thoughts on movies (which are pretty unpopular, as I'm not a movie person), but MY saying that I don't like these games doesn't mean that others don't, nor does it invalidate their opinions, in reality (though I wish it did, haha). I mean, you can say "I'm sorry," all you want, but I don't see your statement as warranting an apology, nor will I accept your apology because of that. I mean, the only real reason I don't give your opinion here actual value is because all you do is say "crap games," as if that explains or provides AND merit to your opinion.

I can explain up and down why I don't like movies as a whole (my attention span for sitting and watching something for 2 hours just isn't there), along with a slew of games and TV shows people like, but I'll never simply say "I hate it" without explaining WHY, because I think that doing so completely invalidates one's opinion.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I HAVE SPENT HOURS TRYING TO GET THIS TO WORK. IVE TRIED RESETING MY PHONE AND LIKE A THOUSAND OTHER THINGS. I KEEP GETTING ERRORS ABOUT NO STORAGE OR NOT AVAILABLE FOR MY PHONE!

is there any way to download apps via usb?

1. You can lower the "other" folder by throwing a BUNCH of music (or videos, whatever) on the phone via the Windows Phone app on the PC (not sure if doing the drag-and-drop sync will do this). This will force the phone to decide against keeping unneeded files in that section, then you can delete the music.

2. Some people said using your PC and going to windowsphone.com to send the download to your phone has a better chance of working.

Abdul Rahman Noor

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I just bought the game but couldn't install it because of the storage issues.

I had over 2gigs free (and another 2gigs in others) and it downloaded half way and halted. The worst part is, it ate up my storage because now I only have some 900megs free while the Others have jumped to 3.2GB!!!
I got rid of all my apps for this one game, I paid for it, and I don't have space to install this on my brand new phone (820) I bought two months ago??
F*** you Windows Phone and F*** Microsoft.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I just bought the game but couldn't install it because of the storage issues.

I had over 2gigs free (and another 2gigs in others) and it downloaded half way and halted. The worst part is, it ate up my storage because now I only have some 900megs free while the Others have jumped to 3.2GB!!!
I got rid of all my apps for this one game, I paid for it, and I don't have space to install this on my brand new phone (820) I bought two months ago??
F*** you Windows Phone and F*** Microsoft.

Because reading the multiple posts on these threads and the story of the release on how to solve that issue was just TOO hard. Again, you can lower the size of the "other" section by syncing a bunch of music via the Windows Phone app, and people said they can get around the storage error via the web browser install method.

Then again, you're always on here complaining, so it's not like telling you really matters.

Abdul Rahman Noor

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Because reading the multiple posts on these threads and the story of the release on how to solve that issue was just TOO hard. Again, you can lower the size of the "other" section by syncing a bunch of music via the Windows Phone app, and people said they can get around the storage error via the web browser install method.

Then again, you're always on here complaining, so it's not like telling you really matters.

I don't know (or want to know) why you're stalking my posts but just so you know: I DID read the posts and try everything mentioned. It didn't work: I don't have any music on my phone at all and the web browser method didn't work.

I am a customer who bought this device with ?380 of my hard-earned money and I have the right to complain about it when it doesn't work the way it's supposed to (and the Others folder hogging up storage is most definitely something that's NOT supposed to work this way).

If you have a problem with that you can just go away and not reply to my posts.

JimiDiGriz

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I think this game may be the straw that breaks the camel's back with this 'other' issue. People who haven't hit the wall so far may well do now with this being such a high profile release and competitively priced. For my part shrink storage did nothing for me (though I understand it does for others). I've got all my music and videos on my SD card (have an L820). Done everything I could think of to free up space, removed apps, deleted maps, cleared cache. No joy. Last night I reset my phone as a last resort so bye bye all saved game information. After restoring the phone and apps I ended up with more 'other storage' than I had before the reset and still can't download the game. 79p donation at this point as far as I can see.

So I have 8gb internal storage of which 1.9 is OS. That's fine. I knew that before I bought the phone and it met my requirements but when I've got 2gb of apps but only have 300mb of space after a phone reset with 'other' running at 3.1gb the phone isn't as advertised. I'm not getting around 6gb of storage to play with for apps which was what I expected when it's being sold as having 8gb of internal storage with expandable SD card.

Miekk4

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I had the storage issue too but now the game is playable. It seems the that the low storage memory issue can be bypassed by installing a the game via your PC's web browser version of the MS store. Of course you need to sign in with your MS account first. After that the game just added itself to my installed games list without any warning on the phone. My guess is that it used the cache on the PC to install the game.

Game itself is good as long as long as you don't use the accelerometer to turn:).

edit: another method for a low-ish memory phone is to download the installation file on your PC and put it in your SD card. After that the phone version of the Store shows you an "SD-card" option which let's you choose the file manually.

Sent from L820

Last edited:

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site

Oh, it is when your friends are android geeks, who won't believe that a Lumia 920's specs are sufficient to run demanding apps. As you know, they are used to quadcore chips and so on... :/
I downloaded Skulls of the Shogun as well, but I didn't catch me so far. I don't know if SotS is the best kind of game to show off in 1-2 minutes. I'd say SotS's strengths are more in the details.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know (or want to know) why you're stalking my posts but just so you know: I DID read the posts and try everything mentioned. It didn't work: I don't have any music on my phone at all and the web browser method didn't work.

I am a customer who bought this device with ?380 of my hard-earned money and I have the right to complain about it when it doesn't work the way it's supposed to (and the Others folder hogging up storage is most definitely something that's NOT supposed to work this way).

If you have a problem with that you can just go away and not reply to my posts.

Yep, you come into a thread I'VE already commented in, act like an obnoxious child, then I'M a stalker for replying to your post, again, n a thread I ALREADY POSTED IN.

So you don't have any music on your phone...how is that doing everything mentioned when I said that when I overloaded the phone WITH MUSIC, it cut down on the other section of the phone? I mean, tell me it doesn't work all you want, but after doing it about 4 times, I'm going to go ahead and say it's working. Ehh, why don't you do yourself a favor and just sell your Windows Phone and go back to whichever platform you were on before, rather than continuing to complain? I mean, I can't say I'm at all sorry for your problems with the platform when you openly allow them to persist.

And just for the sake of your saying my suggested method doesn't work, I'll go do it again right now.

EDIT: For the record, after doing it, I dropped my other section from 3.55 GB to 3.31 GB. It's not as much as usual, but it's still a decent 240 MB or so. I just did this about a week ago, so that kind of shows that there must be a limit to what the phone can/will delete.

Last edited:

Abdul Rahman Noor

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Yep, you come into a thread I'VE already commented in, act like an obnoxious child, then I'M a stalker for replying to your post, again, n a thread I ALREADY POSTED IN.

So you don't have any music on your phone...how is that doing everything mentioned when I said that when I overloaded the phone WITH MUSIC, it cut down on the other section of the phone? I mean, tell me it doesn't work all you want, but after doing it about 4 times, I'm going to go ahead and say it's working. Ehh, why don't you do yourself a favor and just sell your Windows Phone and go back to whichever platform you were on before, rather than continuing to complain? I mean, I can't say I'm at all sorry for your problems with the platform when you openly allow them to persist.

And just for the sake of your saying my suggested method doesn't work, I'll go do it again right now.

EDIT: For the record, after doing it, I dropped my other section from 3.55 GB to 3.31 GB. It's not as much as usual, but it's still a decent 240 MB or so. I just did this about a week ago, so that kind of shows that there must be a limit to what the phone can/will delete.

Exactly what part of if-you-have-a-problem-with-my-complaining-then-go-away do you not understand??
I never asked for your opinion.
Who forced you to solve everyone's problems that you're sooo worked up with my phone's storage issues?

But since you have, let me state my view on this:
This whole fiasco with the Others storage is a PROBLEM. I'm not saying there's no workaround for it; but the user shouldn't have to do this.
If I wanted to root my phone and micro-manage memory allocation and app usage, I would have bought an android. But unlike some people, my life doesn't revolve around my phone (or computer) for me to spend hours on gadget housekeeping.

I expect things to work the way they're advertised. And when they don't, I will complain. And unless you're the sole owner of WPcentral, this isn't your house to say I what I can and can't. I hope we're clear on this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs