Play Asphalt 7 anyone?

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I didn't actually force close anything, but in the multiple instances I've played there wasn't anything running in the background. Frame rate had an edge over my Lumia 920, which I attribute to the lower resolution of the One S. But it wasn't consistent across the board. It dipped more dramatically when there were other vehicles on the screen and intermittently throughout the race. On the Lumia, even if max framerate wasn't quite as good it was always consistent. And load times were much, much better on the Lumia. I'd be curious to see how this game runs on the 820.

The other interesting thing on the One S is that environmental textures looked worse. And on buildings in the distance textures didn't appear at all. What I don't know is if it's automatically optimizing for the phone or if it's the same for all Android phones.

As far as controls are concerned, I personally use control scheme D, where each half of the screen controls turning and the icons are below. It's the same scheme I used in Asphalt 6 and I found it to be effective. Although, auto acceleration might be causing some of my problems. I'm halfway through Cup 8 and so far have managed to get 3 stars in all but 2 events. Actually, final race in Cup 7 is rough; I haven't finished that one either.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I use either A or C for controls myself. My sister has a Lumia 822, and I gave her one of my $5 Microsoft Store gift cards (go Bing Rewards!). Her fianc? and I have Xbox LIVE, so maybe I'll see if she will let me use that, buy the game, and see how the game runs. Admittedly, I don't notice the framerate issues on the 920, so I won't be the best person to check it out.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else have a problem where the screen turns completely blue and gets stuck there when trying to create an account?
Yes! I thought I was the only one! I sent in an issue ticket(can't think of real name) to gameloft. Haven't received a reply yet. Might be a couple days or never... I haven't dealt with their customer support before so don't know.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
You might just try creating one from the browser, if possible, then signing in. I had that issue, but I think it went away on its own or I did it through the browser.

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed the same textural differences when you use the game on a device with 512mb of RAM and one with 1GB of RAM.

Seems like game quality was optimized for mid-tier devices to prevent any application crashes. Otherwise, the graphics are great on my cyan lumia 920.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else have a problem where the screen turns completely blue and gets stuck there when trying to create an account?

Yes, I've been having exactly that and am not able to create account so even after purchasing I can't do multiplayer. Frustrating to say the least. Also the same thing with drifting like everyone else! It's such a pain!

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I have created an account on the website and able to login on the Gameloft website. However, on the game itself, I simply get stuck at the blue screen with dots flowing on top. Contacted support and they said that they are aware of this issue and will release an update soon.

It sucks. MP was half the reason I bought this game. Worst part is I cannot buy any stars and those racing goals which pop up in every race are now multiplayer based. So, I am not meeting them either. It totally just sucks :(

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I have two of my 3 Goals online-based, but I simply don't play online. It hasn't affected me, though, as I am progressing just fine. I'm into Cup 10 now.

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I have two of my 3 Goals online-based, but I simply don't play online. It hasn't affected me, though, as I am progressing just fine. I'm into Cup 10 now.

I think I am on cup 9. I like how they have balanced the game for those who can't/wont buy stars for real money. So far, I feel challenged and not crippled by the obviously paymium game that asphalt 7 is. Kudos to gameloft.

twixy16

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I created an account via my computer and now when I go to log in via my phone, it says that the account doesn't exist. What the heck!

AskaLangly

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I would, but the friggin' Back Button bug is making me put this one down. If you do want to add me for XBL, go ahead: same handle.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Could I ask a favor of someone with the game? I have 2 goals related to friends. The first is to add a friend, and the other is to play a friend's Challenge. I have tried adding folks I face, but they never accept. Would someone please add me on the game (lil frier), then send me a Challenge? I would greatly appreciate it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa