Play Asphalt 7 anyone?

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I got the game and it's definitely what I've been waiting for since I got windows phone 7 in 2010, I have the 920 now tho. If there is any one game a WP owner should have its this one. Because multiplayer is through gameloft servers, we have to manually add friends to a list, anyone else playing?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not yet, as I'm TRYING to finish Gun Bros. (on Revolution 6 of 1, meaning a decent ways to go still). However, once I finish this game, I'll likely get and download this title. If you want to, add me on Xbox LIVE (lil frier), then I'll let you know when I get it and play online with you when I can.

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm not yet, as I'm TRYING to finish Gun Bros. (on Revolution 6 of 1, meaning a decent ways to go still). However, once I finish this game, I'll likely get and download this title. If you want to, add me on Xbox LIVE (lil frier), then I'll let you know when I get it and play online with you when I can.

I really did like gun bros. Only sucky thing was that all the cool online features barely worked. I would finish that game with you but with no cloud saves, I'd have to restart from the beginning. I did friend you on xbl (The420Dank) I've had that name forever. And just let me know about asphalt... It's really good!!! Thx for the reply!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I really did like gun bros. Only sucky thing was that all the cool online features barely worked. I would finish that game with you but with no cloud saves, I'd have to restart from the beginning. I did friend you on xbl (The420Dank) I've had that name forever. And just let me know about asphalt... It's really good!!! Thx for the reply!

Ugh, now you've got me started on my Gun Bros. rant.

I like the game. It's cool and has nice controls. However, it is the most bug-filled mess I've ever played. Just to do a quick rundown:

--On startup, it doesn't always register the login properly, meaning it doesn't credit you for the daily sign-in. That means I have to start the game AT LEAST twice 95% of the time I want to play.
--The left thumbstick will just fail at random. I'll just be moving around, doing things without issue, then my character can't move. I have to tap and drag the thumbstick 2 or 3 times to get it to respond again, and it's stupid.
--The Refineries will occasionally break. This kind of coincides with the login problem. You'll finish a game, go to use one of the big-money Refineries, only to have them all locked. It's happened to me on SEVERAL occasions.
--You'll lose your purchases at random. I had gotten all of the purchase Achievements on the game at this time. I then wanted to try out a new gun, so I bought it. Next time I came in, I had lost ALL of my unequipped purchases, meaning several guns, dozens of armor pieces, and 50 health packs. It also meant I had to rebuy the Coronal Ejector, which took a bit of farming to get the 81,000 coins necessary to repurchase it.

Again, I like the game itself. There are just too many crippling bugs. I'm almost through Revolution 6 (didn't get to play much yesterday...), but I'm trying to power through to get the last 2 Achievements, at which time I can delete this broken mess from my phone.

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Ugh, now you've got me started on my Gun Bros. rant.

I like the game. It's cool and has nice controls. However, it is the most bug-filled mess I've ever played. Just to do a quick rundown:

--On startup, it doesn't always register the login properly, meaning it doesn't credit you for the daily sign-in. That means I have to start the game AT LEAST twice 95% of the time I want to play.
--The left thumbstick will just fail at random. I'll just be moving around, doing things without issue, then my character can't move. I have to tap and drag the thumbstick 2 or 3 times to get it to respond again, and it's stupid.
--The Refineries will occasionally break. This kind of coincides with the login problem. You'll finish a game, go to use one of the big-money Refineries, only to have them all locked. It's happened to me on SEVERAL occasions.
--You'll lose your purchases at random. I had gotten all of the purchase Achievements on the game at this time. I then wanted to try out a new gun, so I bought it. Next time I came in, I had lost ALL of my unequipped purchases, meaning several guns, dozens of armor pieces, and 50 health packs. It also meant I had to rebuy the Coronal Ejector, which took a bit of farming to get the 81,000 coins necessary to repurchase it.

Again, I like the game itself. There are just too many crippling bugs. I'm almost through Revolution 6 (didn't get to play much yesterday...), but I'm trying to power through to get the last 2 Achievements, at which time I can delete this broken mess from my phone.

I like how you straight laid it down!! Yea that game could've been so awesome. I still have it installed because I was hoping they would have fixed it by now. Good luck on your last 2 achievements!!!

agm353

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm an avid Windows Phone lover (obviously), but my brother is an iFan. We both have the game, but when we tried to play multiplayer, it wouldn't let us. My guess is that this game isn't cross-platform. Anyone else experiencing this? (We tried Wi-Fi and online too)

mrshamoozoo

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
me and my roommate been trying to play this game. online wireless doesnt work, we cant find each others games. but when we go to mulitplayer we can get it to work after some meddling. they need a better invite system or something. im trying to figure out as well if its cross platform. im guessing its not, because their arnt many games availible when you go online, but idk, maybe no ones playing it anymore.

The ZennyBoy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else find it hard to steer. I play a plethora of racing games, and I look as pathetic as my girlfriend trying to control herself on Halo.

prestonalan

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else find it hard to steer. I play a plethora of racing games, and I look as pathetic as my girlfriend trying to control herself on Halo.

You're not alone. It gets stuck in one direction sometimes while drifting and it's near impossible to course correct which at high speeds almost always ends up with me crashing into a wall or hitting traffic.... Frustrating. But, it has the same issue on my kindle Fire so it's not a Windows Phone only glitch

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, not to criticize (haven't gotten the game yet, will probably in a week or so), are you braking into turns? It's expected that you'll crash a lot in ANY racing game if you try to take drifting at ridiculously-high speeds with the pedal to the floor.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I was checking out Asphalt 7 on Google Play and noticed that the screenshots featured the Nissan Juke, a car not present on the Windows Phone version. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it some kind of special unlockable? Is it a platform exclusive?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I got the game last night, so if you want to add me (lil frier), feel free. I also play Halo 4, and will be getting the new MLB 2K13/NBA 2K13 combo pack here soon (probably tomorrow). I've got Black Ops II as well, but I haven't started playing it yet (been playing Halo and will switch to CoD here soon). I've got several other games, but not too many of the newer titles. I have Skulls of the Shogun on Windows Phone too, and will probably continue to get the GameLoft games as they release.

Maserati Storm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
You're not alone. It gets stuck in one direction sometimes while drifting and it's near impossible to course correct which at high speeds almost always ends up with me crashing into a wall or hitting traffic.... Frustrating. But, it has the same issue on my kindle Fire so it's not a Windows Phone only glitch

This, i noticed first playing, and changing the sensitivity doesn't really help.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I haven't tried the multiplayer out yet myself. If anyone wants to add me to test it, again, my gamertag is lil frier. Jsut leave me a friend request and let me know who you are.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I find that it's harder to get out of a drift than it was in Asphalt 6. It makes for a frustrating experience when running faster cars on tighter tracks. I used to drift more liberally in the previous game, but in this one, it's better to be reserved. Except that cars turn like crap if you aren't drifting; actually, this also seems to have gotten worse. I think part of the problem is that there simply wasn't a track as tight as Paris before.

I've tried Asphalt 7 on Android and it's pretty much the same exact thing. And they're much further ahead with the updates. They've got a bunch of additional cars, the Juke being one of them, and extra gameplay modes. It kind of sucks that we got what seems to be an older version of the game. But, in every other way I think our version is the better port. Consistently better performance and the game looks a lot better two. This was on the HTC One S, if anyone's curious, which presumably has the same specs as a Lumia 820. Same hardware and screen resolution.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Just for the sake of asking, did you make sure that all of the other running applications on your One S were closed out? Android's pretty liberal in letting tasks run in the background (I found myself constantly force-closing things on my Droid Incredible because they didn't properly shutdown). That could help with performance a little.

As for the actual controls, I never really have trouble getting out of a drift. On rare occasions, I've had it try to drift in the opposite direction I'm leaning, but I might be tilting to phone far enough to where the game gets confused, haha. Never seemed to be an issue with the wheel-based controls (which I don't care too much for). The drifting can be pretty squirrely, and that's a BIG problem while playing those Paint Job races (which I'm not a fan of; haven't gotten the third star on the first one of them yet).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb