Anyone playing galactic reign?

eagle628

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Tangentially related: Does anyone know how much data the game uses while being played? It looks interesting, but I'm severely limited on both my phone's plan and my home's WiFi and don't want to waste my data allowance on a game.

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
The game play itself hardly takes up any data. I have played the game on a very basic 2G connection and it still works.

The real data hog are the videos. The videos can weigh anywhere from 20 MB to 50 MB for each battle. So, if a game had 10 battles, averaging say 30 MB, you just consumed 300 MB per match.

I usually play without videos. Mostly because it is faster that way.

TheDutchGuy

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
The game play itself hardly takes up any data. I have played the game on a very basic 2G connection and it still works.

The real data hog are the videos. The videos can weigh anywhere from 20 MB to 50 MB for each battle. So, if a game had 10 battles, averaging say 30 MB, you just consumed 300 MB per match.

I usually play without videos. Mostly because it is faster that way.

But the video's add such scale to the game, its the main reason I bought the game. Seeing your fleets battle it out, it really has me on edge, wondering If I can pull through.

Plus, its nice seeing Jay's forces beeing crushed! ;-)

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone here playing on windows desktop 8? For some odd reason GR won't connect to the server. I get notifications, invitations and all that. But I am not able to play.

I am now forced to play only on phone. Any suggestions?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
GREAT game!

I love that you can start a game on the phone and continue on the tablet or PC... play anywhere works great!

I think this may be a first - tri platform gaming with the same experience across all. Love it!

Boris Gong

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
As a freebie I played it for a night and feel reluctant to open it again..
Was fun, but always the same map and 1v1 over less than 20 stars get bored quickly

Need alliance, teamwork and a position for slacker:)
DotA anyone?

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
As a freebie I played it for a night and feel reluctant to open it again..
Was fun, but always the same map and 1v1 over less than 20 stars get bored quickly

Need alliance, teamwork and a position for slacker:)
DotA anyone?

Dota player here. Well, I bought the game and installed it. Huge learning curve.

Help me with your steam id. Mine steam id is jay_darknight. Add me up for some Dota2!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a fan of DotA or LoL. Tried both out, but I just hate the camera angle of the game (makes movement REALLY cumbersome and kills the flow of the game, IMO).

However, I'll mention that I have 6 free DotA 2 keys if you guys know anyone who still needs the game.

jadanger

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
JaDangerX on live. Loving the game. I need to expand out from my reliance on the Zorn. I like how different each race plays.

Also, an added note for korjax is that the battle renders are handled on a remote server, not on your device itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss