Anyone playing galactic reign?

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Alright, I'm gonna clear our some Xbox friends and get some more new wpcentral brethren! This game really is entertaining and I love the turn based, especially when times are busy and you're trying to squeeze a move in without getting caught!

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Question....

Not sure if I missed this but I haven't figured this out yet. When you're playing the game and looking at map in an actual match, you'll see a cluster of planets with a faded circle surrounding all three. I know what capturing those do, extra money bonus, but what about the notches or the boxes that build up over time...? Having them all full doesn't make it harder to be captured. I don't know, it's probably something really easy and I just don't realize.

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
When you colonize a planet you get, 100. With each turn you own it, one box lights up meaning, you earn extra 100 from that. 3 boxes means, 300 extra.

So

Colony + Number of lit boxes = your earnings from that planet.

The boxes have nothing to do with capturing/defending.

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
When you colonize a planet you get, 100. With each turn you own it, one box lights up meaning, you earn extra 100 from that. 3 boxes means, 300 extra.

So

Colony + Number of lit boxes = your earnings from that planet.

The boxes have nothing to do with capturing/defending.

Wow. Knowing that might actually change my strategy some. Shows how important some planets are to yours or your opponents income.

Great info thx Jay!

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Wow frustrating!

OK I kind of suck at strategy games but I still really enjoy them. Anyway, every time it looks as if I might be doing well, my opponent just stops playing. When they are doing well they usually kick my ***. I follow through even when it looks like I'm losing. Anyway, the consequences are that I have only two wins recorded!!!

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Dude, look me up if you are looking for a 'game till the end' kind of a gamer.

Also, from experience of over 50 plus games, most games spill over to the next day. So, if you are new to GR, remember this :)

KalMiller

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Great game finished today with Jay. Two massive fleets (my Sundogs, his Zorn) wiped each other out to end the game. I don't play as Zorn often and that's one reason why.

I don't have Xbox Gold so I posted here, Jay!

Speaking of Sundogs, does anyone else have trouble with them against the Zorn? I think i got lucky against Jay (I won...this time) because a quick match i finished at almost the same time, i got utterly decimated.

Kal

Metrosity

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Great game finished today with Jay. Two massive fleets (my Sundogs, his Zorn) wiped each other out to end the game. I don't play as Zorn often and that's one reason why.

I don't have Xbox Gold so I posted here, Jay!

Speaking of Sundogs, does anyone else have trouble with them against the Zorn? I think i got lucky against Jay (I won...this time) because a quick match i finished at almost the same time, i got utterly decimated.

Kal

Hey Kal, you don't need Xbox Live gold to send messages using the Games app, on the same note, is the games supposed to notify you of new messages because it never happens for me.

KalMiller

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey Kal, you don't need Xbox Live gold to send messages using the Games app, on the same note, is the games supposed to notify you of new messages because it never happens for me.

Interesting - I'm on WP7.8, maybe that's the difference? If I attempt to reply it tells me I need to upgrade. I also have not received any notification (toast or tile) for a new message.

Vander Legion

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Just picked this up yesterday (got a Lumia 920 over the weekend). Won my first game that's gone through to completion, although I'm losing the first one I started that's getting close to ending assuming my opponent takes his turn...Anyway, my gamertag is "Vander Legion" if anyone wants to play :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6