Remove lagg from games

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Well the title says it all. And im probably not the first one to say it. But since I seen no post floating around and its a ever important topic for us who like the graphic intense games. Lets discuss my tip and see what we can do to get more gaming power.

I can't of cause guarantee that it will work for you but my bet is that you will notice a difference. The answer isn't maybe what you want to hear also.

Well, I like playing the new Spiderman game and sometimes when I played I had lagg, the more I played the worse it got until I had to start trying out things and here is my conclusion.

I removed things that will steal power from the CPU and be live me or not, but it is more then one might think. Here is a list of what I did:

? Removed most all tiles from start
? Turned of push and as much as I can in apps
? Disabled apps in the "background" in settings.

This seems to improve the gaming experience in Spiderman. Am I fooling my self here or is anybody else noticing the same? It feels strange to disable such basic and important functions in WP, but hey, all for performance? Maybe you have a tip on how to make the new graphic intense games smoother. Type away below.

m4tthall

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920 and although I don't play graphic intensive games too much I have been playing the Batman one. I saw some people suggest there was lag at the start but I didn't notice a thing, it has been running smoothly for me. Now I have turned off all background tasks I don't need but there are still about 8 running and I haven't changed my start screen. It is a fairly new phone, perhaps has a newer update? Don't know but I have certainly not experienced any problems, not to say I won't at some point...

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
As I noted before, Spiderman felt like it ran less and less smooth. But there seems to be irregular quality on Lumia 920 so some will have no problems perhaps, and some will have a terrible experience.
I been trying a mission after the changes I describe and my result is that when I move around freely in the world, I have regained FPS, but in the mission it is still horrible and unplayable.
I'm on the mission where you need to swing a track as fast as possible and the lagg is ridiculous. So some positive and some negative.
I'm on portico btw, came with the phone. My phone is 2 month + old.
If anybody is having FPS issues, or want to take one for the team, I have started a post for Windows Phone on Gameloft support forum.
http://forum.gameloft.com/index.php/topic,84095.0.html

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920 and although I don't play graphic intensive games too much I have been playing the Batman one. I saw some people suggest there was lag at the start but I didn't notice a thing, it has been running smoothly for me. Now I have turned off all background tasks I don't need but there are still about 8 running and I haven't changed my start screen. It is a fairly new phone, perhaps has a newer update? Don't know but I have certainly not experienced any problems, not to say I won't at some point...

Windows Phone 8 won't allow tasks to REALLY run in the background. More importantly, it will only allow up to 6 apps to be kept in a saved state. It's simply not possible for 8 apps to be running in the background, unless you are referring to having notifications or live tiles.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
These games lag because they haven't been optimized for the Adreno 225. This GPU is pretty weak when it comes to having to push more on bigger, higher resolution screens, so until the games have been updated with lower graphics (no dynamic lighting, shading, etc) the games will always lag...

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Made a ticket to Gameloft asking if they could look in to The Amazing Spiderman FPS problem. Got a EA answer....

Hello,

Unfortunately, we do not currently support your device. This may change in the future so please visit our Website periodically for the latest information at http://www.gameloft.com

If your phone doesn't appear on Gameloft's site, it is not supported. Picking an alternate phone, even if the model numbers are similar, will not work. Before adding a phone, we perform various tests to make sure that we can maintain the quality that gamers expect from Gameloft.
However, we regularly add new phones to our website. If your phone isn't listed on the site, please check back regularly. If it's a popular phone, it's likely we will add it as soon as we can.

For more information you may visit:

www.gameloft.com
You can also follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/gameloft/ to be the first to know!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99