temple run available now

ssjmec

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
About gravity guy 2, does the full version offers better graphics? When trying to convince me buy it, it says dozens of achievements blah blah then amazing graphics. Or it is just the same?

JMBasquiat

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Might have been, but it's still a factual statement.

Wow, some of stuff you spew around here is remarkable. Since when is 640x960 (iPhone 4/4S) lower than 480x800 (Nokia Lumia 820/822/810)? You do realize that Temple Run isn't limited to the Lumia 920, right? And you do realize that it runs terribly on the Lumia 820 too, right?

Unbelievable arrogance.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
About gravity guy 2, does the full version offers better graphics? When trying to convince me buy it, it says dozens of achievements blah blah then amazing graphics. Or it is just the same?

It's exactly the same except that you can earn those achievements. The graphics comment is probably just vague marketing to help sell the game.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Wow, some of stuff you spew around here is remarkable. Since when is 640x960 (iPhone 4/4S) lower than 480x800 (Nokia Lumia 820/822/810)? You do realize that Temple Run isn't limited to the Lumia 920, right? And you do realize that it runs terribly on the Lumia 820 too, right?

Unbelievable arrogance.

So what you are saying is that the iPhone does NOT have a small, low-resolution screen? Technological facts aren't arrogance, they're facts. The Lumia 820 launched at $50. The iPhone 4S launched at $200. The $100 Lumia 920 has a resolution of 1280x768. That's what I'm talking about. The iPhone is sold as a $200 flagship device, but it carries the screen specs of a low-budget phone. That's not changed with the iPhone 5, either. It too has a small (4"), low-resolution (1136x640) screen.

I never once called the phones or the OS bad (though I think that they are). All I said was it's a Happy Meal toy with that tiny screen and its low resolution. The "Happy Meal" statement is called embellishment, while the part following is just a simple fact--the iPhone has a small, low-resolution display. It's not like I said it's the worst display ever (though 3.5" is the smallest smartphone display I recall seeing released) or anything, I just said that it outputs at a lower resolution, which is less of a strain on the GPU.

Sorry you're offended (I'm actually not) that I called the iPhone's screen inferior to its competition's. It's not going to change the fact that it IS inferior, but I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings or anything.

JMBasquiat

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So what you are saying is that the iPhone does NOT have a small, low-resolution screen?

It may have a "small" screen, but its resolution is still higher than that of the Lumia 820. And guess what? Temple Run runs better on iPhone's higher resolution than it does on 820's lower resolution. That's a fact, everything else is irrelevant.

Technological facts aren't arrogance, they're facts.

You're not giving us facts, you're making incorrect claims.

The Lumia 820 launched at $50. The iPhone 4S launched at $200.

It doesn't matter what their launch price was; you said the reason the iPhone 4/S runs Temple Run better is because it has a low resolution screen. Of course, this was demonstrated to be false else the Lumia 820, with an even lower resolution screen would run Temple Run just as good as the iPhone, or even better. It doesn't.

Sorry you're offended (I'm actually not) that I called the iPhone's screen inferior to its competition's. It's not going to change the fact that it IS inferior, but I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings or anything.

So you're changing goal posts now? The discussion is about Temple Run, and not whether iPhones are "inferior".

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Didn't I state long ago (might have been in a different thread) that this version is likely not optimized whatsoever? It's not on Microsoft that a developer did a poor job porting, nor is it on the hardware of the 820. As for how that could affect it, I'm not a developer or someone who knows the inner workings of computer parts to truly know, but the RAM restrictions of the OS or the total failure of porting could be an issue, I'm not sure.

The statements I made were in relation to my own 920 in the first place, not the 820. Even then, I haven't played much of the game, but I never had slowdowns or graphical glitches with it in the bit of time I spent on it. That again leads me back to my original point--the developers probably did a crappy job porting the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs