Modern Combat 4 now available.

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I cant even download it as I have 7.9gb in other storage and have no way to clear it. I have 3.96 gb free, which is apparently not enough to install a 1gb game.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I cant even download it as I have 7.9gb in other storage and have no way to clear it. I have 3.96 gb free, which is apparently not enough to install a 1gb game.

Use the app Shrink Storage. It will clear some of it out. If it doesn't do a good-enough job, try manually syncing a bunch of music--that forced the OS to dump unneeded files.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I love this game! And i don't usually play FPS.
Anyone experience any issues with multiplayer? I'm getting no connection and sign in messages. :'(

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I love this game! And i don't usually play FPS.
Anyone experience any issues with multiplayer? I'm getting no connection and sign in messages. :'(
Have you made sure that you're WiFi is on? I've tried playing games on LTE but it tells me that I have no connection until I turn on WiFi.

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Did that, chose the option using the left side of the screen to move and right side to aim. Played with sensitivity as well but still wasnt working well for me in the end. And this was on Easy, on a harder difficulty it would be more frustrating as the AI would be more accurate, not leaving a lot of time to line up a shot. In the end, would just be frustrating.

there is also auto aim when you use the cross hairs....

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
For me, I cant move, aim and shoot very fluently with touchscreen controls.
I tried using the gyrocontrols,to aim, it was insanely frustrating.

Those of you who enjoy the game and the controls; how do you move, aim and fire/etc fluently?

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
No, I can USE the controls in the basic form.

Im asking how you are able to use Move, Aim and Shoot all at the same time. For instance circlestrafing while fireing, running while shooting several hostiles, etc.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm using the second control scheme, where you move with the left hand portion of the screen and aim with the right. If I hold the screen with the capacitive buttons on the left, it reduces the number of times I accidently hit them. I use my left thumb to move, right to shoot, and index finger to shoot. I may switch up the right hand arrangement. It's usable, but definitely not ideal, though I usually don't play FPSes. I'll see how it works in multiplayer.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Maybe that could work. I feel it's horrible to play FPS games with joysticks even, so this control system is fairly horrible, practically useless ime, but ill try rearranging and see if i can get it working :)

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
For me, I cant move, aim and shoot very fluently with touchscreen controls.
I tried using the gyrocontrols,to aim, it was insanely frustrating.

Those of you who enjoy the game and the controls; how do you move, aim and fire/etc fluently?

It is possible to continually shoot and move your aim at the same time, by pressing the fire button and then by keeping thumb on the screen, move your thumb around. Combined with the "walking" controls, you can do the above.

However, its easily (and safer) to pick an ideal spot from a distance, aim (near) at the enemy, press the cross hairs button to zoom, and it will lock to the enemy and all you have to do it shoot to kill. It will also track the enemy if they move slightly. Toggling back and forth between zooming in and out is easier than trying to chase down a moving target manually.

My favourite games are FPS or games with that element in them, so I am used to using dual-analogue controls. Therefore in my opinion this game works remarkably well in touch mode.

I think I am on the last mission (12 in total).

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I dont mean continually shooting, i mean moving and aiming at the same time as taking shots deliberately. Not move->stop->aim->shoot, and especially not using autoaim which entirely removes the precision element.

The entire concept of a FPS game is void if I move/stop/aim/fire, imo. Like any other platform, Id like to be able to fire with a particular aim, while moving and fireing. If not, why not just make it a railshooter where you just move by sliding preordained from spot to spot, shooting enemies from a static position?

The fact that I cant get in the action like in for instance quake or cs is what annoys me with the control systems on touchscreen shooters atm.
Staggered controls and gameplay vs fluid controls and gameplay is a huge disadvantage in these games.
If it was more like for instance the MGS series, then yeah that would probably work. But this isn't that type of game, so it doesn't.

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I dont mean continually shooting, i mean moving and aiming at the same time as taking shots deliberately. Not move->stop->aim->shoot, and especially not using autoaim which entirely removes the precision element.

The entire concept of a FPS game is void if I move/stop/aim/fire, imo. Like any other platform, Id like to be able to fire with a particular aim, while moving and fireing. If not, why not just make it a railshooter where you just move by sliding preordained from spot to spot, shooting enemies from a static position?

The fact that I cant get in the action like in for instance quake or cs is what annoys me with the control systems on touchscreen shooters atm.
Staggered controls and gameplay vs fluid controls and gameplay is a huge disadvantage in these games.
If it was more like for instance the MGS series, then yeah that would probably work. But this isn't that type of game, so it doesn't.

You have taken "continually" in the literal sense. Clearly you are going to run out of ammo if you are shooting non-stop. My explanation still stands.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I did :) .
As said to the guy further ip: Ill try that. Haven't had time to sit down and play for a while, but ill let you know how it goes. Awesome looking game, so I hope I get it to work :)

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Works ok if i use the "move on right side, aim on left" with fire utton on the right hand side, but nowhere near the smoothness Id require for a comfortable FPS :(

Yigit Usta

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
TO ALL WHO WANT TO PLAY ON MULTIPLAYER:

please add yigitusta on skype and yigitusta9 on xbox live to play with me, thanks. there is only teamdeath matches no other games that people play.i want to play with some pplz

GimbleFIN

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
TO ALL WHO WANT TO PLAY ON MULTIPLAYER:

please add yigitusta on skype and yigitusta9 on xbox live to play with me, thanks. there is only teamdeath matches no other games that people play.i want to play with some pplz

The game is just awesome after you get used to controls. I had never tried FPS on touch before so it took few hours to get into it, but now i'm hooked! Too bad there isn't enough players to fill other than Team Battle. Please promote game everywhere on gaming forums etc. so situation might get better over time. I think i'm going to be playing it a lot. There probably won't be another one as good as this on WP8 for a while and that is kind of good thing, because all FPS players who are patient enough to learn the controls will be there sooner or later right? Awesome job from Gameloft.

PS. I made a suggestion on their forums to combine the playlist so that could play other gamemodes too. I hope they notice it and consider...

http://forum.gameloft.com/index.php/topic,86512.0.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss