Modern Combat 4 now available.

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I just searched in the marketplace from my phone for "modern combat" and it pulled the game up. Downloading the trial now which I'll obviously buy but I always do the trial first.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious to know if this game actually looks like the pictured screenshots, because they look heavily retouched, and if it runs at a good framerate.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I gave the demo a go, but I had to quit after a couple of minutes. It's just too hard to play these games (shooters) with a touch screen. Maybe I'll buy it when a controller is out and supported, but I can't do this without one.

mrshamoozoo

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
this game is pretty dope. it just sucks that the phone heats up like a ******* oven when playing. i swear i smell the poly corbonite burning lol

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
First person shooters aren't really my thing at all, but I have to admit that I'm impressed. The game looks really good; probably some of the highest quality visuals I've seen in Windows Phone to date and it runs really well. The touch screen controls are probably about as good as you can get for an FPS.

Gameloft must have totally different teams working on these games, because this looks at least as good as their other releases but runs a lot better.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't run as smooth as I had hoped (when there is a lot of action on the screen), so hopefully some optimization will be done (like Asphalt 7 update that improved the framerate). I understand this was made with the Havok Engine, so hopefully it won't require too much optimization for the Adreno 225.

saulgould13

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I agree jrd, needs some tweaking controls need more fluidity, frame rate is ok, and it does turn the phone into a hot potato! Gameloft, can we see a sale "fathers day" "mamorial day" instabuy then.

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I realized my screen touch sensitivity wasn't that great when I realized that I had the sensitivity set to normal in settings because I thought the setting for use with gloves only... But it did improve my sensitivity which has helped a lot.

Amazing game for sure though. Campaign is awesome and a lot smoother than I thought it would have been. I even played a multiplayer match and was amazed at the customization and gametypes. This game is going to be much fun for sure and definitely the best wp8 has available.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
To add to my original statement about the framerate, it is nearly perfect on multiplayer (which, for me, matters the most when it comes to the framerate), which is awesome. I'm still in shock this finally made it to the platform, as I have been waiting for a modern combat port since windows phone 7 (restricted by GPU restraints and no native code porting). As I said before, this has definitely solidified my confidence in the platform, and I'm a lifer now. I wasn't going to switch anyway, but seeing so much support in the past month has just been amazing as a windows phone user.

I've also noticed that I'm more forgiving when it comes to experiencing bugs and little annoying missing things (like VPN, lack of NFC payments, Xbox music issues, etc) because seeing developers care about the platform reassures me that Microsoft darn sure will, and listen to user feedback for improvements and features...

saulgould13

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I agree Keith, the left analog always has me looking up instead when I'm trying to strafe around or move forward, sensitivity issues, I've played MC1,2,3 on smaller screens with less issues.. Idk might just be a different learning curve for the 920?.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I agree about the controls also. It requires an amount of precision and that is just too difficult so the game just became frustrating. If that BT controller ever comes to WP and the game is made compatible it will definitely be a good buy.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
You can go into settings and adjust the controls. There are three options.

See which one is best for you.

Did that, chose the option using the left side of the screen to move and right side to aim. Played with sensitivity as well but still wasnt working well for me in the end. And this was on Easy, on a harder difficulty it would be more frustrating as the AI would be more accurate, not leaving a lot of time to line up a shot. In the end, would just be frustrating.

gladbecker82

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Its a cool Game and definetly worth the Price, Battery is an huge Issues as always, but what do people expect with this type of Graphics?
Next Lumia needs a bigger Battery and Quadcore, just like that, boom :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999