wp_ss_20130424_0001-1-.png
    2 more games which used to run on 512 MB WP8 devices are now not available in the Marketplace.
    Now the list include 4 games as far as I know which used to play on 512mb devices that are no longer available..
    1) Asphalt 7 Heat
    2) Asphalt 5
    3) Skulls of the Shogun
    4) Gun Bros
    Has publishers stopped support for 512MB devices
    As it is there were few good games available for WP8.. Now the list has decreased more for people with Low end devices like Lumia 720, 620 & 520..
    04-23-2013 11:45 PM
    This is bad. MS needs to take a look and some serious action. :/
    04-24-2013 06:13 AM
    Add puzzle craft to that list. It is funny because i finished that game on my lumia 620 and then the next update makes it unable to install on the phone.
    04-24-2013 08:08 AM
    Same here, had to hard reset my phone, and now I cant see Gun Bros and Puzzle Craft any where, I even tipped WPC for this but no response from them as well. At least they should have covered it.
    04-24-2013 09:13 AM
    I think it was a huge mistake to allow Windows Phone 8 devices to come with only 512MB. How much would have the extra 512MB added to the price of the phone? I doubt it will be as expensive as the damage to the brand from negative press and burned customers.

That said, I don't understand why support has to be mutually exclusive. Either games are stuck supporting lower resolutions or they don't run at all on lower end devices. Why wouldn't a single game be able to support multiple platforms and memory requirements? Countless games on the app store support everything from the iPhone 3GS (320x480, 3:2 aspect ratio, 256MB) all the way up to the iPhone 5 (1136x640, 16:9 aspect ratio, 1GB).

It really doesn't make much sense. Is it that companies don't have the resources or interest to offer widespread support or is there something with Microsoft and the store preventing them from doing so?
    Vaibhav Chauhan likes this.
    04-24-2013 11:51 AM
    i rly don't understand why!

it has nothing to do with 512Mb I
    HOPE, since me and many others, owners of 520, 620 or 720, have Asphalt 7 trial or full version on our phones...and it runs perfectly well!
    heck there's even videos of Asphalt 7 running on 620 and 720 :|

i have the trial version and was looking forward to buy it, now it's misteriously gone and no one knows why :|

RAM excuse is bs, Asphalt 7 was updated and optimized to run on 512Mb aswell and there's many devices as proof!

but i rly would like to know why they disappeared from the store...this sux :/

i also find it weird WPC didn't cover this, since they covered when Asphalt 7 was made available for 512Mb devices...weird huh
    04-24-2013 12:00 PM
    My point exactly, this is a serious issue and WPC should have covered this, sweeping it under the rug is not going to help.

What do the MS want to convey? "Hey, you guys with 512 MB devices, here is a middle finger???" I hope they solve this issue quickly!
    04-24-2013 05:08 PM
    The point is that these games were available and playable on those phones!! Now they have vanished! It is no excuse to say that those phones are limited by the 512 MB ram.
    04-24-2013 05:57 PM
    i'm rly pissed about this...JUST played the game, which is trial version, and tried again to purchase it...now it leads me to Asphalt 7 game page BUT it says its only for 1Gb!

like what kind of stupid bs is this? a few days ago they say its available for 512Mb devices, many pplz get rly happy and download it...now it says its only 1Gb and i'm stuck with the trial on my 620!

and what is even worse is that we don't hear a word from MS, Gameloft, WPC, anyone AT ALL about this matter!

rly disappointed here...give users hope of optimized big titles for 512Mb devices then suddenly games which was available and playable by those devices start vanishing and all the big guys not giving a sh*t about it...
    04-24-2013 06:15 PM
    I think it was a huge mistake to allow Windows Phone 8 devices to come with only 512MB. How much would have the extra 512MB added to the price of the phone? I doubt it will be as expensive as the damage to the brand from negative press and burned customers.

That said, I don't understand why support has to be mutually exclusive. Either games are stuck supporting lower resolutions or they don't run at all on lower end devices. Why wouldn't a single game be able to support multiple platforms and memory requirements? Countless games on the app store support everything from the iPhone 3GS (320x480, 3:2 aspect ratio, 256MB) all the way up to the iPhone 5 (1136x640, 16:9 aspect ratio, 1GB).

It really doesn't make much sense. Is it that companies don't have the resources or interest to offer widespread support or is there something with Microsoft and the store preventing them from doing so?
    LOL.
    You know nothing.
    My bestie has got a iPod 3rd Gen and it has hiccups on qiuet few games. His Google Galaxy Nexus lags with games like... Monster Island. Do you know why? Because developers don't optimize (IE: GGN) and because they can no longer make it smooth (IE: iPod)

i'm rly pissed about this...JUST played the game, which is trial version, and tried again to purchase it...now it leads me to Asphalt 7 game page BUT it says its only for 1Gb!

like what kind of stupid bs is this? a few days ago they say its available for 512Mb devices, many pplz get rly happy and download it...now it says its only 1Gb and i'm stuck with the trial on my 620!

and what is even worse is that we don't hear a word from MS, Gameloft, WPC, anyone AT ALL about this matter!

rly disappointed here...give users hope of optimized big titles for 512Mb devices then suddenly games which was available and playable by those devices start vanishing and all the big guys not giving a sh*t about it...
    My guess is that they stopped supporting 512 MB users for better graphics. (IE: Asphalt 7 became ****ty -hearsay, when it was optimized).
    04-25-2013 02:29 PM
    LOL.
    My guess is that they stopped supporting 512 MB users for better graphics. (IE: Asphalt 7 became ****ty -hearsay, when it was optimized).
    i don't think the graphics were sh*tty lol i find them good enough...and just cutting support for 512Mb devices w/o warning, specially after they said we could have the game...i don't even...lets say if this is true, i'll never give a cent to Gameloft lol
    04-25-2013 02:40 PM
    These games actually run pretty good on those phones. Puzzle craft cannot get any better graphics on better phones. Since these games were available and playable on those phones there is no excuse saying that they dropped support just because the phones could not play the games because they did!

edit: Btw I can find Asphalt 7 on the Nokia store and I am able to download it. Searching for it will not show up though.
    Last edited by constantinosmi; 04-25-2013 at 05:32 PM.
    04-25-2013 02:58 PM
    well, whatever the issue was, Asphalt 7 is back at store :)
    04-26-2013 02:24 AM
    LOL.
    You know nothing.
    My bestie has got a iPod 3rd Gen and it has hiccups on qiuet few games. His Google Galaxy Nexus lags with games like... Monster Island. Do you know why? Because developers don't optimize (IE: GGN) and because they can no longer make it smooth (IE: iPod)
    Thanks for stating the obvious. I didn't say the game runs well, I said that the support is there. It's inevitable that old devices are going to struggle to run new games and that many developers invest little effort in optimization.

My point wasn't that a 3GS was still supported. It's unreasonable to have someone cling to a 4-year-old device and expect good gaming performance, much less widespread support. But if you just bought a Lumia 521 only to learn you're locked out of the latest games it's understandable that you'd be upset. Actual in game performance is another story all together, but I think it's better to have something playable than to hear about a new release that isn't even available for your device. It isn't like we're talking about cutting edge gaming here.
    04-26-2013 10:13 AM
    Hello.
    Just registered to chime in, had the same problem with Asphalt 7, today it looks like it turns up if i search for it.

Would also like to add Gerbil Physics and Little Acorns to the list. I can't find them from my Lumia 620 (UK marketplace), and trying to install from SD card lists them as "unavailable" and won't let me install. There's no way Gerbil Physics wouldn't run on the 620, i've contacted the developer about it. Game turns up and installs just fine on my old WP7.8 LG Optimus 7, so it's strictly a WP8 issue. A really annoying one at that, i want to play Gerbil Physics on my new phone!
    04-26-2013 12:24 PM
    I've had the issue when I've tried to install and update games on my Lumia 920, though it seems to be a short-term issue every time.
    04-26-2013 02:27 PM
    These games can run on 512MB, but the problem/catch is in the OS itself, WP doesn't allow more than a certain amount of RAM to a single app, that amount depends on whether phone has 512MB/1GB RAM, obviously 512MB provides less RAM which can't run games like Asphalt 7/5 etc, thats why developers need to specially optimise the games for 512MB.
    Allocating a certain amount of RAM is probably to keep the phone running smooth & stutter free compromising at the cost of RAM intensive games.
    04-27-2013 03:54 AM
    Asphalt 7 is again available for 512MB RAM devices. Just checked it on my Lumia 620.
    04-27-2013 06:22 AM