Spectral Souls price cut

s0briquet

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone seeing spectral souls still on sale for 5.99? I checked earlier and saw it at the sale price (but wasn't in a wifi area) and now that I am in a wifi area, I have been checking back occasionally for several hours, but it only shows as 12.99 both in the phone and online store. Did the price rise again so soon and I missed it? Or is it a strange roll-out related thing?

thanks!

Also, it would be great to hear some impressions about the game.

s0briquet

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the responses - I'm really hoping that the sale price will show up - 13$ is just a bit too far beyond what I'm willing to put down, even though the game looks great.

HyperDevbox

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

It seems like a big mix up on MS's part. We are trying to resolve it as fast as possible. If you ever have questions in the future please never hesitate to contact directly at our support email. While we are members here on the forum we don't regularly check them. we want to thank Daryl from wpcentral for bringing this to our attention.

Kindest regards,

EDIT: price is showing restored on my display. please do the usual (refresh, reboot, etc) and if you can't see the sale price send us an email.

Last edited:

darylwpc

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the prompt response HyperBevBox, I've had my eye on this since I saw it reviewed here as I only play RPGs. The price is SGD $17.99 in my region and without a trial, it is not something I would not think twice before buying. With this sale, I wouldn't mind paying about $7.40 to test it out.

s0briquet

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
99 would be very nice, but I definitely dont mind paying 6 for a game that looks very solid, offers dozens of hours of play, and will hopefully help the wp platform continue to grow

HyperDevbox

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Dozens of hours of play is an understatement.
this game has over 100 hours of game play. over 80 playable characters.
at the current price of $7 (US) 1 hour of game play is at max approx 0.07$ (US).
compared to the only other roleplaying game on wp8 right now (final fantasy 1) where 1 hour of game play is approx 0.20$
this is also the complete original PSP title.
Thanks for purchasing ^_^

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Still too expensive. 99 cents like any other WP game? I'd pay $7 if spectral souls was like infinity blade, (graphics) but it isnt

It's ridiculous to suggest that graphics should dictate price. A lot more goes into a game than graphics alone, and Spectral Souls features the amount of content you'd find in a $40+ console game. All that requires a massive amount of effort on someone's part to produce. The fact that you personally won't play the game to the end is irrelevant to pricing structure.

Infinity Blade is undeniably a good game. However, while a good amount of effort went into it's development it's also an incredibly repetitive game in the same vein as so many other mobile games. It $6 for a game that offers a fraction of the content of a game like Spectral Souls.

Despite that I wouldn't be surprised if they ran a loss early on. Like so many developers under-pricing their games they were gambling on volume making up for low cost. Some developers have the luxury of doing that, and that was certainly the case with Infinity Blade, but many others do not.

The App Store has seriously thrown gamer expectations out of whack. It's outrageous what people think games should cost, like games just pop out of thin air. It's a rough environment for game developers because everyone takes the Walmart approach to game pricing. If you were an employee at one of these companies waiting to receive a paycheck for your hard work, I wonder if you'd still feel these games are too expensive.

mooseolly

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Are you kidding me, infinity blade is an eye candy with repetitive gameplay. It is a proof-of-concept game that shows that the ipad can run great graphics. It is like fruit ninja with better graphics. The story line is too superficial and is for casual gaming. It is not even a rpg. How can you compare a classic tactical rpg with something like that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon