02-08-2014 07:09 AM
56 123
tools
    I hear what you're saying Keith, totally agree with you about the UI, music player etc., but it's way more than just about the gaming for me, which is the point I'm trying to get across. For example, I bought a Panasonic Blu-Ray Player/PVR last week, which has a ton of features, including the ability to be operated from a smartphone,- offering way more functionality and ease of use than with just the standard remote control supplied. Only problem? You guessed it- iPhone only, (not even Android in this case).

Believe me, I've never been a fan of Apple, (PC over MAC any day!) and have always had Nokia phones, hence why I went with the 820 without really looking into it much further. Just hope my comments might help others make a more informed decision based upon their needs and expectations before they spend their hard-earned $$$.
    08-24-2013 11:16 AM
    Yeah, but is it really fair to sit there and talk about how bad the platform is because of the personal choices of Panasonic? I mean, I get trying to help create an informed decision, but the way you expressed your opinion does not accomplish that. Saying you can't play a Facebook game or control a Panasonic TV isn't really a fair pair of items to use as defense in your assessment of the platform as a whole. There aren't any MAJOR features missing from the platform, since third-party developers do so well to bring us services such as YouTube, Instagram, and Pinterest (which don't have first-party apps on Windows Phone). If you're going to attempt to provide a means for making an informed decision, you shouldn't just say "this is bad," you should try to list several key things that aren't present.
    08-24-2013 08:04 PM
    It's not about the Platform mate- I really think WP8 exceeds iOS and Android in ease of use in just about all areas- and is far more stable. But in a brave new world where apps are key to so many users? And we can't even muster up Candy Crush??? (Not to harp on- just to stay on topic- kind of!) Why buy a Ferrari when you can only fill it at 5% of gas stations? At the end of the day, you just want to it to get you where you want to go... You said it yourself- "there has only been one app (Trillian) that I've been wanting, and I found a suitable replacement for it (IM+)." Why? Why did you have to go look for it? Why, on such a great Platform did you have to find an alternate, rather than Trillian being readily available on WP8? That's fine if you're happy with that premise and have the time and inclination, but there are a lot of people, a lot of loyal Nokia and Microsoft (PC) users that thought this would be a marriage made in heaven! Instead, I've found myself feeling like I'm like I'm a spare d**k at a wedding and wishing I'd paid an extra $2 a month for an iPhone! Rubbish all the people you want about not being able to access a simple "fad" game, but the "several key things" that aren't present are the literally thousands of apps that aren't available to WP8 users, and don't look like they will be anytime soon.
    08-26-2013 06:41 AM
    Except there really AREN'T thousands "key apps," anymore. Almost every meaningful experience is on the platform now. Candy Crush (which, as I have said, is Bejeweled), is probably the BIGGEST name with no presence on Windows Phone, outside of the suite of Google applications (which is due to Google's crappy business practices). We have third-party experiences for most of the applications people want, and even though they are third-party applications, they are high-quality ones that can be enjoyed. We're at the point where GameLoft is talking of simultaneously releasing games with iOS and Android.

Really, Candy Crush isn't a major loss. Are you saying that Candy Crush alone is enough to make you wish you got an iPhone, or is there other stuff you are missing that you just don't feel like mentioning? You can say that you feel like you're missing out on stuff on Windows Phone, but I feel like I would miss out on a lot MORE if I left for Android (I wouldn't touch iOS with a 700-foot pole, Apple is a disgraceful company). No, I didn't have to try hard to find Trillian. Heck, I didn't even really use it much on Android, nor do I use IM+ much on Windows Phone. The two offer the same services, almost 100%, so it's not like I am losing out on ANYTHING going from Trillian to IM+. I don't lose compatibility with services or anything, and that's my point. You can experience just about everything on Windows Phone, and the stuff that you can't experience, I can't even name.
    08-26-2013 10:23 AM
    Pretty simple dude... On a day to day, everyday user basis, Nokia have backed the wrong horse with Microsoft WP8. Hats off to the Third Party guys for trying, but when there's only tokenistic support from the First Party? To little too late, and they are destined to become the Beta of the VHS vs. Beta wars of the 80's... It might be a better system, but when they can't be bothered writing code allowing me to play the game that is flavour of the month, (and have fun with my friends), and iOS infiltrates home equipment- I'm done. Why am I paying $60 a month for a really good phone that sits on an island? Back to my original point- DO NOT BUY A PHONE WITH Windows Phone 8! Goodbye Nokia, Microsoft- bite me, third party guys? Give it up, get a life, try riding a motorbike...
    08-26-2013 12:12 PM
    i absolutely hate this windows phone, had the galaxy phone and absolutely loved it but it was two years old and verizon told me it was time to upgrade.... I am seriously thinking of having the verizon switch me back to the galaxy phone!!!!! The apps suck......
    What apps are you missing?
    08-26-2013 12:18 PM
    Pretty simple dude... On a day to day, everyday user basis, Nokia have backed the wrong horse with Microsoft WP8. Hats off to the Third Party guys for trying, but when there's only tokenistic support from the First Party? To little too late, and they are destined to become the Beta of the VHS vs. Beta wars of the 80's... It might be a better system, but when they can't be bothered writing code allowing me to play the game that is flavour of the month, (and have fun with my friends), and iOS infiltrates home equipment- I'm done. Why am I paying $60 a month for a really good phone that sits on an island? Back to my original point- DO NOT BUY A PHONE WITH Windows Phone 8! Goodbye Nokia, Microsoft- bite me, third party guys? Give it up, get a life, try riding a motorbike...
    That might be the dumbest thing you could have said. You're calling the platform obsolete and hopeless after about 9.5 months, despite the fact that it has been growing steadily and has gained quite a lot of support over the past couple of months. You're STILL only noting a SINGLE GAME to defend your stance, which is ridiculous. If ONE GAME ruins the experience for you, then it's whatever. Like I said, present more than ONE example of something you're missing out on. The third-party options for many applications are on-par with or better than the first-party solutions, so the complaint that something is third-party is moronic.

Whatever, though. You're offering no valid argument but "screw everything because Candy Crush!" and that's just a ridiculous point to make.
    08-26-2013 01:05 PM
    And finally folks, if you DO decide to go down the WP8 path, you can look forward to dealing with wonderfully supportive and understanding people like Keith... Just another "enhancement" to the WP8 experience! lol
    08-28-2013 06:12 PM
    Yep, nothing like the ranting of someone who refuses to offer an argument. I asked what was missing, you offered one game. You speak with sarcasm about my support, simply because I do not deem a single fad game a reason to call a platform dead.
    08-28-2013 08:32 PM
    I wouldn't mind candy crush...better than bejeweled imo
    08-28-2013 10:21 PM
    I ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS WINDOWS PHONE, HAD THE GALAXY PHONE AND ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT BUT IT WAS TWO YEARS OLD AND VERIZON TOLD ME IT WAS TIME TO UPGRADE.... I AM SERIOUSLY THINKING OF HAVING THE VERIZON SWITCH ME BACK TO THE GALAXY PHONE!!!!! THE APPS SUCK......
    Can I ask a favor...Please return your Windows Phone device and get yourself a Galaxy phone. If your going to complain every time because your missing an oddball app here and there, go someplace that will have all your apps with all the lag and other issues that Android has...
    J2theL101 likes this.
    08-30-2013 02:29 PM
    Its not abt a single game but there are many of them, games that are hugely popular but not available on WP, dont blame users who ask for these games, but it is need of the platform to get these asap for the platform to grow.
    08-31-2013 03:28 AM
    Yeah, it's a blatant Bejeweled knockoff. That's the thing I'll never understand about mobile gaming; how nearly identical games with some re-branding can end up being so successful. Sure, there are a lot of clones in more traditional gaming, but those developers at least put some effort in offering some kind of distinct interpretation of the same theme. I guess there's no compelling reason to bother here.
    The difference is the social competition aspect of Candy Crush.
    09-16-2013 07:30 PM
    That might be the dumbest thing you could have said. You're calling the platform obsolete and hopeless after about 9.5 months, despite the fact that it has been growing steadily and has gained quite a lot of support over the past couple of months. You're STILL only noting a SINGLE GAME to defend your stance, which is ridiculous. If ONE GAME ruins the experience for you, then it's whatever. Like I said, present more than ONE example of something you're missing out on. The third-party options for many applications are on-par with or better than the first-party solutions, so the complaint that something is third-party is moronic.

Whatever, though. You're offering no valid argument but "screw everything because Candy Crush!" and that's just a ridiculous point to make.
    Why do you care so much? He didn't insult your mother. It's just a phone. Are you really that sensitive to someone criticizing something you like? Calm down, Narcissus. I own a Lumia 822, by the way. And I like it. But I'll jump ship in a heartbeat if something I feel is better (and cheaper) comes along. Blind brand loyalty is for idiots.
    09-16-2013 07:41 PM
    Yep, nothing like the ranting of someone who refuses to offer an argument. I asked what was missing, you offered one game. You speak with sarcasm about my support, simply because I do not deem a single fad game a reason to call a platform dead.
    He's not obligated to defend his position and opinoon to anyone. Who the hell are you?
    09-16-2013 07:42 PM
    He's not obligated to defend his position and opinoon to anyone. Who the hell are you?
    He's being an inflammatory troll. You're bringing up dead posts. GTFO.
    09-16-2013 11:26 PM
    Try Candy Crush Monsters in the WP8 Store. It's a Candy Crush knockoff and is not by King. It doesn't have any of the social/online features but plays, looks, and sounds similar. It'll get you 75% of the way there for now.

What most people don't look at with the whole Bejewelled/Candy Crush thing is that Candy Crush has scoring objectives and the gameboard changes to alter difficulty while Bejewelled focuses on going until run out of moves or time.

What I wanna see is King's Bubble Witch Saga.
    09-22-2013 10:47 AM
    I am not going to let a few apps on the social network stop me from enjoying wp8.. Games such as candy crush i can play on my surface tablet which I rarely play anyway.. I enjoy playing games but I am not a gamer because i get bored quickly eventually. I have plenty of apps to enjoy on my wp8 phone. Just like my surface tablet I treat it like a laptop so apps are not to important to me but it has all the necessary apps i need anyway. What I don't have it is on my phone anyway or I can use the browser.;
    11-04-2013 10:40 AM
    To anyone who wants the game please contact them om Twitter https://twitter.com/CandyCrushSaga
    11-30-2013 02:32 AM
    Candy Fun is kind of like Candy Crush. I can play Candy Crush on PC too but it gets boring after a while just like Bejeweled.
    Last edited by TechAbstract; 11-30-2013 at 03:36 AM.
    11-30-2013 02:53 AM
    Has there been any updates on Candy Crush coming to windows phones?

Funnily enough I only ended up with my new Lumia 1020 because the woman selling it couldn't play Candy Crush! So she bought herself an S4 and sold me this :D It's a cool little game but not that cool...
    12-15-2013 12:28 PM
    Has there been any updates on Candy Crush coming to windows phones?

Funnily enough I only ended up with my new Lumia 1020 because the woman selling it couldn't play Candy Crush! So she bought herself an S4 and sold me this :D It's a cool little game but not that cool...
    I emailed the company directly, with points on why it makes no sense to ignore Windows platforms, but I have yet to get a response. Honestly, at this point it's looking like this is all surrounding corporate politics IMO. They seem to have something against MS directly, I can't think of any other explanation for the lack of support. when considering the install base of WP8, W8RT, and W8, there is no excuse to not release Candy Crush for the platforms. Sad that we see high profile, and high risk, games like GTA:SA but not Candy Crush.
    12-16-2013 09:51 AM
    Need to contact them and ask for Windows Phone 8 version.
    Contact us - King
    12-17-2013 10:28 PM
    Contact us - King
    I've sent them an email through this page twice now, plus also sending an actual email to their other contact channel and I have yet to receive one reply from the company. They just don't seem to be at all interested in bringing the game to the Windows ecosystem.
    12-19-2013 02:25 PM
    Contact us - King

Mailed them as well as contacted via Twitter a nd Facebook, hope other users do the same.

Sent from my beautiful Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
    12-20-2013 04:35 PM
56 123