Candy Crush??

mzab701

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS WINDOWS PHONE, HAD THE GALAXY PHONE AND ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT BUT IT WAS TWO YEARS OLD AND VERIZON TOLD ME IT WAS TIME TO UPGRADE.... I AM SERIOUSLY THINKING OF HAVING THE VERIZON SWITCH ME BACK TO THE GALAXY PHONE!!!!! THE APPS SUCK......
:angry:

Amolen

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I just have my new mobile Nokia lumia 800, but I cannot play candy crush also not via Facebook. What app do you use or how can I Play also on my mobile?
Thanks upfront for your reply

Anne-wil

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
If you've happened across this forum researching if you should buy ANY phone with WP8 (I have a Nokia 820), I would strongly urge you NOT TO. I have absolutely no problem with the phone or WP8 within themselves, but that's my point, after that, you're pretty much on your own. Think about it. So many companies and advertisements offer apps to support their products and services nowadays, and they usually end in saying something like, "available for iPhone or Android". WP8 never seems to get a mention! Not being able to play Candy Crush on your phone will be just the first of many disappointments...

This "doom-and-gloom," statement is ridiculous. Since I got onto Windows Phone from Android, there has only been one app (Trillian) that I've been wanting, and I found a suitable replacement for it (IM+). I've got more games installed on my Lumia 920 than I ever did on my Droid Incredible. If I went back to Android, I'd find myself missing loads of things, like Xbox gaming, the general UI (especially in the case of the music player), free Office integration, and plenty of the indie games that I have played.

Honestly, if you're someone who considers Candy Crush (which is just Bejeweled, and another silly fad game of its ilk) a deal-breaker, then I don't get how you can ever enjoy yourself. All of these fickle people who want games that are popular for 3 months confuse me.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
This "doom-and-gloom," statement is ridiculous. Since I got onto Windows Phone from Android, there has only been one app (Trillian) that I've been wanting, and I found a suitable replacement for it (IM+). I've got more games installed on my Lumia 920 than I ever did on my Droid Incredible. If I went back to Android, I'd find myself missing loads of things, like Xbox gaming, the general UI (especially in the case of the music player), free Office integration, and plenty of the indie games that I have played.

Honestly, if you're someone who considers Candy Crush (which is just Bejeweled, and another silly fad game of its ilk) a deal-breaker, then I don't get how you can ever enjoy yourself. All of these fickle people who want games that are popular for 3 months confuse me.

To each his own, I guess.

I picked WP because of the UI, UX and its keyboard.
Everything else is a cherry on top :)

Also, I'd rather have more complex games for Windows Phone.

XBL means nothing if we don't get console-caliber games!
*Fingers crossed that Microsoft will finally drag Forza to Windows Phone*

brettley75

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I hear what you're saying Keith, totally agree with you about the UI, music player etc., but it's way more than just about the gaming for me, which is the point I'm trying to get across. For example, I bought a Panasonic Blu-Ray Player/PVR last week, which has a ton of features, including the ability to be operated from a smartphone,- offering way more functionality and ease of use than with just the standard remote control supplied. Only problem? You guessed it- iPhone only, (not even Android in this case).

Believe me, I've never been a fan of Apple, (PC over MAC any day!) and have always had Nokia phones, hence why I went with the 820 without really looking into it much further. Just hope my comments might help others make a more informed decision based upon their needs and expectations before they spend their hard-earned $$$.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but is it really fair to sit there and talk about how bad the platform is because of the personal choices of Panasonic? I mean, I get trying to help create an informed decision, but the way you expressed your opinion does not accomplish that. Saying you can't play a Facebook game or control a Panasonic TV isn't really a fair pair of items to use as defense in your assessment of the platform as a whole. There aren't any MAJOR features missing from the platform, since third-party developers do so well to bring us services such as YouTube, Instagram, and Pinterest (which don't have first-party apps on Windows Phone). If you're going to attempt to provide a means for making an informed decision, you shouldn't just say "this is bad," you should try to list several key things that aren't present.

brettley75

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
It's not about the Platform mate- I really think WP8 exceeds iOS and Android in ease of use in just about all areas- and is far more stable. But in a brave new world where apps are key to so many users? And we can't even muster up Candy Crush??? (Not to harp on- just to stay on topic- kind of!) Why buy a Ferrari when you can only fill it at 5% of gas stations? At the end of the day, you just want to it to get you where you want to go... You said it yourself- "there has only been one app (Trillian) that I've been wanting, and I found a suitable replacement for it (IM+)." Why? Why did you have to go look for it? Why, on such a great Platform did you have to find an alternate, rather than Trillian being readily available on WP8? That's fine if you're happy with that premise and have the time and inclination, but there are a lot of people, a lot of loyal Nokia and Microsoft (PC) users that thought this would be a marriage made in heaven! Instead, I've found myself feeling like I'm like I'm a spare d**k at a wedding and wishing I'd paid an extra $2 a month for an iPhone! Rubbish all the people you want about not being able to access a simple "fad" game, but the "several key things" that aren't present are the literally thousands of apps that aren't available to WP8 users, and don't look like they will be anytime soon.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Except there really AREN'T thousands "key apps," anymore. Almost every meaningful experience is on the platform now. Candy Crush (which, as I have said, is Bejeweled), is probably the BIGGEST name with no presence on Windows Phone, outside of the suite of Google applications (which is due to Google's crappy business practices). We have third-party experiences for most of the applications people want, and even though they are third-party applications, they are high-quality ones that can be enjoyed. We're at the point where GameLoft is talking of simultaneously releasing games with iOS and Android.

Really, Candy Crush isn't a major loss. Are you saying that Candy Crush alone is enough to make you wish you got an iPhone, or is there other stuff you are missing that you just don't feel like mentioning? You can say that you feel like you're missing out on stuff on Windows Phone, but I feel like I would miss out on a lot MORE if I left for Android (I wouldn't touch iOS with a 700-foot pole, Apple is a disgraceful company). No, I didn't have to try hard to find Trillian. Heck, I didn't even really use it much on Android, nor do I use IM+ much on Windows Phone. The two offer the same services, almost 100%, so it's not like I am losing out on ANYTHING going from Trillian to IM+. I don't lose compatibility with services or anything, and that's my point. You can experience just about everything on Windows Phone, and the stuff that you can't experience, I can't even name.

brettley75

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Pretty simple dude... On a day to day, everyday user basis, Nokia have backed the wrong horse with Microsoft WP8. Hats off to the Third Party guys for trying, but when there's only tokenistic support from the First Party? To little too late, and they are destined to become the Beta of the VHS vs. Beta wars of the 80's... It might be a better system, but when they can't be bothered writing code allowing me to play the game that is flavour of the month, (and have fun with my friends), and iOS infiltrates home equipment- I'm done. Why am I paying $60 a month for a really good phone that sits on an island? Back to my original point- DO NOT BUY A PHONE WITH Windows Phone 8! Goodbye Nokia, Microsoft- bite me, third party guys? Give it up, get a life, try riding a motorbike...

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
i absolutely hate this windows phone, had the galaxy phone and absolutely loved it but it was two years old and verizon told me it was time to upgrade.... I am seriously thinking of having the verizon switch me back to the galaxy phone!!!!! The apps suck......

What apps are you missing?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Pretty simple dude... On a day to day, everyday user basis, Nokia have backed the wrong horse with Microsoft WP8. Hats off to the Third Party guys for trying, but when there's only tokenistic support from the First Party? To little too late, and they are destined to become the Beta of the VHS vs. Beta wars of the 80's... It might be a better system, but when they can't be bothered writing code allowing me to play the game that is flavour of the month, (and have fun with my friends), and iOS infiltrates home equipment- I'm done. Why am I paying $60 a month for a really good phone that sits on an island? Back to my original point- DO NOT BUY A PHONE WITH Windows Phone 8! Goodbye Nokia, Microsoft- bite me, third party guys? Give it up, get a life, try riding a motorbike...

That might be the dumbest thing you could have said. You're calling the platform obsolete and hopeless after about 9.5 months, despite the fact that it has been growing steadily and has gained quite a lot of support over the past couple of months. You're STILL only noting a SINGLE GAME to defend your stance, which is ridiculous. If ONE GAME ruins the experience for you, then it's whatever. Like I said, present more than ONE example of something you're missing out on. The third-party options for many applications are on-par with or better than the first-party solutions, so the complaint that something is third-party is moronic.

Whatever, though. You're offering no valid argument but "screw everything because Candy Crush!" and that's just a ridiculous point to make.

brettley75

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
And finally folks, if you DO decide to go down the WP8 path, you can look forward to dealing with wonderfully supportive and understanding people like Keith... Just another "enhancement" to the WP8 experience! lol

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yep, nothing like the ranting of someone who refuses to offer an argument. I asked what was missing, you offered one game. You speak with sarcasm about my support, simply because I do not deem a single fad game a reason to call a platform dead.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS WINDOWS PHONE, HAD THE GALAXY PHONE AND ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT BUT IT WAS TWO YEARS OLD AND VERIZON TOLD ME IT WAS TIME TO UPGRADE.... I AM SERIOUSLY THINKING OF HAVING THE VERIZON SWITCH ME BACK TO THE GALAXY PHONE!!!!! THE APPS SUCK......

Can I ask a favor...Please return your Windows Phone device and get yourself a Galaxy phone. If your going to complain every time because your missing an oddball app here and there, go someplace that will have all your apps with all the lag and other issues that Android has...

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Its not abt a single game but there are many of them, games that are hugely popular but not available on WP, dont blame users who ask for these games, but it is need of the platform to get these asap for the platform to grow.

JKing106

Banned
Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's a blatant Bejeweled knockoff. That's the thing I'll never understand about mobile gaming; how nearly identical games with some re-branding can end up being so successful. Sure, there are a lot of clones in more traditional gaming, but those developers at least put some effort in offering some kind of distinct interpretation of the same theme. I guess there's no compelling reason to bother here.

The difference is the social competition aspect of Candy Crush.

JKing106

Banned
Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
That might be the dumbest thing you could have said. You're calling the platform obsolete and hopeless after about 9.5 months, despite the fact that it has been growing steadily and has gained quite a lot of support over the past couple of months. You're STILL only noting a SINGLE GAME to defend your stance, which is ridiculous. If ONE GAME ruins the experience for you, then it's whatever. Like I said, present more than ONE example of something you're missing out on. The third-party options for many applications are on-par with or better than the first-party solutions, so the complaint that something is third-party is moronic.

Whatever, though. You're offering no valid argument but "screw everything because Candy Crush!" and that's just a ridiculous point to make.

Why do you care so much? He didn't insult your mother. It's just a phone. Are you really that sensitive to someone criticizing something you like? Calm down, Narcissus. I own a Lumia 822, by the way. And I like it. But I'll jump ship in a heartbeat if something I feel is better (and cheaper) comes along. Blind brand loyalty is for idiots.

JKing106

Banned
Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Yep, nothing like the ranting of someone who refuses to offer an argument. I asked what was missing, you offered one game. You speak with sarcasm about my support, simply because I do not deem a single fad game a reason to call a platform dead.

He's not obligated to defend his position and opinoon to anyone. Who the hell are you?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss