Halo: Spartan Assault W8/WP8

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
This is awesome news! But there is already rumors of this coming to Android and IOS after a short WP8 & W8 exclusivity. If so, that would be a MAJOR FAIL by Microsoft. Let's hope they don't do that to us.

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Now this is the type of exclusivity (even for alittle bit) that WP8 needs to make the switchers go over the fence. Good work MS!

Letros

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
This is awesome news! But there is already rumors of this coming to Android and IOS after a short WP8 & W8 exclusivity. If so, that would be a MAJOR FAIL by Microsoft. Let's hope they don't do that to us.

Yea that would be fail, if X1 doesn't sell well are they going to release X1 games on PS4? They need to stick to their guns and promote their own products.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Where have the rumours come from? iOS and Android users?

The Halo franchise is the jewel in Microsofts gaming crown. It isn't going anywhere.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes I agree 100%. I remember when SmartGlass was released on iOS and everyone thought it was brand new. Then I installed it on my iPad 2 and found it runs better and has more features than on my 920. Don't pull this sheet again Microsoft, it's getting old.

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
day 1 purchase for me. wish there was co-op, though =\ should start a petition to encourage 343 to include a co-op mode AT LEAST over ad-hoc (local wireless). over wi fi would be sweet, and over 4G would be cool too although i could imagine how much data that would waste.

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Where have the rumours come from? iOS and Android users?

The Halo franchise is the jewel in Microsofts gaming crown. It isn't going anywhere.

Meant to hit quote, free (accidental) thanks from me, lol!

But I believe and hope you're right. I've just been reading it on various forums. From Android, IOS, and Windows Phone users. So I don't think it's a biased thing, probably just an out of control rumor. But I still hope they don't release it to any other OS. But honestly wouldn't be surprised if they did, down the road.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

But I believe and hope you're right. I've just been reading it on various forums. From Android, IOS, and Windows Phone users. So I don't think it's a biased thing, probably just an out of control rumor. But I still hope they don't release it to any other OS. But honestly wouldn't be surprised if they did, down the road.

Its wishful thinking from ios and android users. It states clearly on the PR "Only on Windows: Available only on Windows 8 PCs and tablets and Windows Phone 8 devices". I dont know how anyone can get from that quote that its coming to any other platform. And even on engadget's story they mention that the ideas wasnt even being entertained, so NAY, nothing for non-Windows platforms. As it should be. If they can leave out Windows 7 users I see no reason why they cant leave out ios and android users.

Microsoft has probably now realised that all divisions of the company have to work together to be successful in the mobile world that seems to be the direction computing is going and any advantage you can give your platforms is not something you just give away. They will gain much more in exposure and having it as a selling point in the long run to attract users than they would make selling it on other platforms now and thats why its best kept exclusive.

Last edited:

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Well there was once a rumour WP8 was going to get instagram... The way MS have been on the offensive against Apple and Android lately I can see this game being the continuation of the offense especially as its been kept quiet for so long and also ties in nicely with the 8.1 updates etc.

Hopefully the next few months will be all about MS saying "This is what we've got, deal with it!"

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
They'd be preparing for war if they bring out Windows 8/RT and Windows Phone versions of Forza, Gears of War, Fable and Quantum Break! It'd be epic.

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Just found a post on neogaf that has left me incredibly worried.

It is a dual stick shooter. The controls work really well - it detects if your thumbs are 'drifting' and keeps the control scheme centered to accomodate drift. Hard to explain, but it just works. You do things like double tap to theow grenades, board vehicles etc. Also supports M/k and yes there will be joypad support shortly after launch.

Also kind of weird that people are surprised we are supporting our own platforms first.

NeoGAF - View Single Post - Halo: Spartan Assault confirmed for Windows Phone 8 - Developed by Vanguard Games

post is by 343's frank o Connor

the bit that concerns me is the last bit where he says about supporting their own platforms FIRST.

hell no, come on Microsoft, never release this on ios or Android, seriously this is getting ridiculous.

I just hope I'm reading into this too much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo