06-25-2013 05:54 AM
44 12
tools
    well, I am too late, they filled the loophole :P. I am from India and I went to the store immediately after seeing this. But it turned out they unpublished the app here.

capture.png
    06-12-2013 02:56 PM
    Are you using a Lumia 920. The game doesn't run smooth at all, and is pretty laggy. It was so choppy on the Galaxy S3 (American) that it plain out couldn't be played, but on this it is at least PLAYABLE, just not enjoyable if you're coming from an iPhone 4s or anything...
    played it on the iPad 2 and it really is running just as smoothly on my 920 but the heat is a real issue.
    jrdatrackstar1223 likes this.
    06-12-2013 03:01 PM
    Calm down and stop calling people "thieves". You have a job? Big f. deal - so does everyone else. You're not a special snowflake, and should tone down your idiotic rhetoric.
    I agree with not liking the "you have a job" comment, but you're the one with weird rhetoric here.
    If you are taking something that you do not have authorization to, then you are stealing it. You are a thief. Is it comparable to stealing a shirt from a store? Not exactly, but you're still stealing.
    If you're ok with that, fine. But acknowledge what you're doing - screwing some dev team over, even if it's just out of a small amount of money.
    Reflexx likes this.
    06-12-2013 07:50 PM
    Awesome, I would rather have this over nothing and the graphics are absolutely gorgeous. Bought in the US happily. Why don't we take all this tension above on the battlefield because I really want to try multiplayer!! The first map is really neat and multi runs a little more smooth than single. Not sure if their friend feature uses XBL or gameloft to use their friend feature!

Gamertag: The420Dank
    Gameloft: DanJ210
    06-12-2013 10:13 PM
    I am using nokia Lumia 820 and i am living in India. But i cant download the nova 3 published by nokia. It shows this app is not available in your country. I checked setting. It also setted as India. Please help me.? Price of apps are shown in rupees(indian currency) in store.
    06-12-2013 10:56 PM
    I am using nokia Lumia 820 and i am living in India. But i cant download the nova 3 published by nokia. It shows this app is not available in your country. I checked setting. It also setted as India. Please help me.? Price of apps are shown in rupees(indian currency) in store.
    The game is no longer published by Nokia but has reverted to being published by Gameloft. Therefore, it os no longer being offered for free. There is nothing you can do about it now other than actually buying the game.
    safeer2222 likes this.
    06-13-2013 05:10 AM
    Calm down and stop calling people "thieves". You have a job? Big f. deal - so does everyone else. You're not a special snowflake, and should tone down your idiotic rhetoric.
    Typical.
    06-13-2013 06:00 AM
    well, I am too late, they filled the loophole :P. I am from India and I went to the store immediately after seeing this. But it turned out they unpublished the app here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	11 
Size:	164.6 KB 
ID:	35617
    Still allows me to download it manually but that probably doesn't help since 920 doesn't have SD card slot... Wouldn't help since it's available from store for almost 7 , AFAIK it would need to get authenticated anyway.
    06-13-2013 12:02 PM
    My 928 is out for repair... I cant get into this one :( I hope I get it back soon...
    Kevin N Smith likes this.
    06-13-2013 01:01 PM
    I agree with not liking the "you have a job" comment, but you're the one with weird rhetoric here.
    If you are taking something that you do not have authorization to, then you are stealing it. You are a thief. Is it comparable to stealing a shirt from a store? Not exactly, but you're still stealing.
    If you're ok with that, fine. But acknowledge what you're doing - screwing some dev team over, even if it's just out of a small amount of money.
    HAHAHA. Screwing some dev team? Are you aware that we're talking about Gameloft, a huge company?

Second, I didn't even download it, and from what I can gather it's not even the full version but essentially a prolonged trial. So how's that "stealing" again? Is downloading a Trial version of Modern Combat and playing that "stealing" too? No? Then stop calling people "thieves" for downloading a copy of a copy of a trial. Not even RIAA/MPAA do that anymore.
    06-13-2013 05:58 PM
    "This app is no longer published"
    :( i m in india but still :( yyyyyyy
    06-13-2013 11:57 PM
    It was a mistake and free only for a limited time.
    06-14-2013 12:13 AM
    They really need to get controller support before I can even remotely consider an FPS like this on my phone. I don't find the experience pleasant, as aiming is a massive pain. At the very least, the firing controls should be on the left, IMO. I have more issues with wanting to aim with the right and shoot at the same time, which I can't really accomplish with one hand. It's too difficult to center your reticle when it gets lost, and the tilt aiming that is the default in Modern Combat 4 is actually worse.
    06-14-2013 12:30 AM
    :( oh no
    06-14-2013 12:41 AM
    They really need to get controller support before I can even remotely consider an FPS like this on my phone. I don't find the experience pleasant, as aiming is a massive pain. At the very least, the firing controls should be on the left, IMO. I have more issues with wanting to aim with the right and shoot at the same time, which I can't really accomplish with one hand. It's too difficult to center your reticle when it gets lost, and the tilt aiming that is the default in Modern Combat 4 is actually worse.
    You can put aiming on the left side, check settings. Also you don't also have to aim and shoot, you can strafe and the auto aim will take it from there. After learning the controls I run through 4-5 enemies in one clip.

Also if you want a controller they have consoles with great FPS's available. I would never hook a controller up to my phone, id just play a console. I wanted an FPS on my mobile phone so I could be mobile, not immobile.
    Last edited by danj210; 06-14-2013 at 09:54 PM.
    06-14-2013 06:34 PM
    You can put aiming on the left side, check settings. Also you don't also have to aim and shoot, you can strafe and the auto aim will take it from there. After learning the controls I run through 4-5 enemies in one clip.

Also if you want a controller they have consoles with great FPS's available. I would never hook a controller up to my phone, id just play a console. I wanted an FPS on my mobile phone so I could be mobile, not immobile.
    So because YOU don't want a controller, I shouldn't be allowed to use one? It's not as if my intention is to require the game to be played with a controller, or for you to wear cargo shorts so you can keep a controller with you at all times. I just don't think that anything can be even half-respectable as an FPS title on a smartphone.

Sorry, I don't like auto-aim. I think that it is one of the worst things to ever be put into a video game, regardless of genre. It's part of what makes console shooters frustrating for me--I hate dying simply because the AI killed me for the person on the other team who is too inept to fire his gun in bursts and keep the sight steady.

You say you'd never hook a controller up to your phone. I say I'd never purchase an FPS that didn't have controller support.
    06-17-2013 09:26 PM
    I agree FPS shooters are no good on a phone, Microsoft recognized this and moved away from that with Halo which was smart. The only real option if you want a controller for fps on your phone is to get an android phone. They have some pretty great apps that can use your ps3 and Wii controllers to map the on screen buttons to the controller. I must say this was a pretty fun part about having an android, playing ps1 games and FPS games with my ps3 controller on it. It does end up being just a novelty though, who really wants to bring a controller with them when playing a game on their phone? If you're somewhere where you have a controller lying around you probably have some better consoles to play too.
    danj210 likes this.
    06-17-2013 09:54 PM
    Well said above devize. I can give you that, FPS aren't the best on a phone screen. The best I have ever used has been the Mass Effect game that just came out for wp8. You touch where to aim first and then make micro adjustments. That was very easy and allowed you to use your powers as fluid as shooting and using abilities. If anyone who has played Modern combat or NOVA 3, then you must try ME if not only to see how they did with their controls for your own knowledge.
    06-20-2013 01:15 AM
    anyone here have a .xap of this game?
    That is piracy. If you want the game, buy it. Or wait for a price drop.
    danj210 likes this.
    06-25-2013 05:54 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD