Want to get your game on with Windows Phone 7 or 8?

driver_king

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The game is called Piezoelectric: Piezoelectric | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States).

My good college friend has been working on this project among many others, specifically on Windows Phone, and no other. It was developed to work specifically for Windows Phone 7, but also works well on Windows Phone 8, as tested on my Lumia 920. It is untold amounts of fun and is developed exclusively for Windows Phone. My friend has explained to me that there is an opportunity for him to rollout content updates directly to the app without requiring a download through the store, so content expansion (would be free) is a possibility, in addition to potential future updates to properly fix the screen scaling for HD screens, including a fully bodied plot, and potentially narration or animation cut-scenes. The game itself is not extremely long but since my friend developed everything from top to bottom, meaning the graphics, textures, music, and everything else, his own custom level builder will allow him to essentially add new levels and expand the game on the fly.

While the future opportunities are there, the game itself is a must-have. Try it out today and you won't regret it. Make sure the sound is on and you aren't in a quite, social setting. You may get ticked off from time to time trying to get to the next platform. It's no accident. ;) Game on!

- Marcus

driver_king

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
By the way, I forgot to mention that there are 'hidden' cheat mechanisms embedded in the game. Message me if you cannot find it and want to know where to specifically look. Also, the game is already getting a bug patch that will be live on the store within the next couple of days, if not sooner (I didn't notice the bug but my friend, the developer, found one). Let me know your impressions guys! Feedback is also appreciated. In case you didn't notice, with this game, the focus was not supposed to be the graphics but rather the entire experience, including the game's music, challenging foes, and simplistic feel. While the graphics look rudimentary, the gameplay is unusually involving for a videogame of this type. Anyway, if anyone does happen to have feedback, it would be appreciated. If not, comments are equally welcome. Thanks again.

driver_king

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Piezoelectric is a plaformer style videogame. This is not completely unlike Super Mario Bros. or any other game in which you try to get from point A to point B while encountering challenging obstacles and enjoying the frustration of increasing difficulty as you progress through the levels of the game. For more information, you will understand a bit better once you try the game for yourself. It is free, don't forget. Hope that helps!

driver_king

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Quick update: Recently, two bug patches were submitted for the app, so if you may have been experiencing any odd level bugs, the most recent updates should have sorted it all out.

driver_king

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
By the way, if anyone was having trouble with the fourth level, the update which rolled out today made a level modification to make it easier to jump to the pillars. If anyone has bug or feedback reports, don't hesitate to PM me or reply on this thread. Thanks guys for the support (over 650 downloads!)

driver_king

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
A fellow forum member noted that this game was not available in Russia. Well, fortunately today I have good news for everyone. Piezoelectric has passed certification for Russia! So, now everyone in Russia can go ahead and pick up the game gratis in their region specific Windows Phone store! But we didn't stop with Russia. Piezoelectric now is available in China, Taiwan, and even Brazil! So, now the game should be available in virtually all regions where there are Windows Phone stores. So, what are you waiting for? Start triple jumping your way over to your Windows Phone store and let your friends know about this new platformer! Enjoy!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans