How the is Halo not out yet?

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Probably the most wanted game on WP since launch in 2010 and they can't even release it on time when the game is all done and ready to go. Every Wednesday when they come out with a new XBL game, it releases almost at 2pm every single time, give or take. How is such a big deal of a game not released yet? Consistency is key, if they say launch date is a certain date... Well then launch it on that date.

Last edited by a moderator:

fatrat727

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: How the h**l is Halo not out yet?

from what I'm seeing it comes out tomorrow. For Verizon wireless and PC first I imagine. The exclusivity is through 8/16.

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

Probably the most wanted game on WP since launch in 2010 and they can't even release it on time when the game is all done and ready to go. Every Wednesday when they come out with a new XBL game, it releases almost at 2pm every single time, give or take. How is such a big deal of a game not released yet? Consistency is key, if they say launch date is a certain date... Well then launch it on that date.

Was today the official release date? If so, lame. If not, we keep waiting I suppose? Haha

misfitpierce

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site

I believe Verizon will have it exclusive for an undisclosed amount of time before an abroad release to all. Most likely the timeframe will be 2-4 weeks at max hopefully. Verizon pushed for an exclusive first grab kind of deal on it sadly.

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

XBL games never release on Thursday, always Wednesday and it's been like that for a very long time. If you keep up with WPcentral articles then you would have read that this game was launching mid July then confirmed that today was the day. Exclusive or not, the game hasn't launched for anyone. Exclusively sucks but doesn't matter with launching of titles. Today is suppose to be the day, don't see what the problem is. If you declare a date then stick to it, otherwise don't declare a date because coming shirt of that day will **** people off especially with all the marketing and trailers to ramp up excitement and the fact that select people have full copies of the game. It's not like we aren't being patient or getting pissed for no reason, I'm only going by what they tell us and they told us today.

I took today off just for this game as it has been kind of nostalgic as all the Halo game launches I do midnights and take the days off.

misfitpierce

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site

Maybe their just running late on the servers. They have not notified anywhere that the plans were scrubbed and the days not over until midnight regardless of what time the game usually drops. It could always be pushed back till next Wednesday tho making it still sort of a mid July release. Its a super anticipated title so id hope some people get it soon or MSFT sends out a update as to what's going on. I have to wait as im on TMobile for another 2-4 weeks regardless sadly so its not bothering me much 😒

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

I have to wait until August also but it's easy to de-brand then re-brand your phone to get this game. Let alone downloading from the UK market possibly. Still, one of the most wanted games should've had major efforts into getting it out on time, it should've been ready with a push of a button last night.

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

You should be aware the Verizon deal only effects U.S. customers, the WP8 version will be out day 1 everywhere else.

Res215dg

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site

You should be aware the Verizon deal only effects U.S. customers, the WP8 version will be out day 1 everywhere else.

Is Windows 8 (PC/Tablet) getting the release on Day 1? We all know Verizon has landed exclusivity for phones first

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

I am very upset, been waiting for this game. Where's it at!!!

I know, I'm just floored that of all games this is one they choose not to be on top of... And I'm always the one to back up Microsoft but this time there's just no excuse.

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Well we got our final answer in the latest halo article from just a short while ago. :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster