Halo Spartan Assault install issues

Scott Pooley

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I got it to install soon after I posted this thread, sorry for the late update had no internet.

The way I did it on my 820 was I downloaded from the website to my SD card. Did a factory reset, luckily all the data I wanted was recoverable, then the first thing I did after I put my microsoft/xbox live account on was install the game and it has been working perfectly ever since!

Hope this helps

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't have an SD slot on my HTC 8X and I did not get it to install normally. I was actually looking around to see if I could download it on pc then transfer to the phone via USB.

I was kind of hoping for a last ditch solution just like that too. Unfortunately, you can only sideload XAP files if you have a removable SD card. That's no good for you and me, who have the so-called "signature" HTC Windows Phone 8X by HTC. The Store (on the phone) can read off the SD card and look for compatible XAP files and then install from there. There isn't a solution for non-SD card devices, making the 'download and install manually' option worthless.

Don't be tempted to buy it anyway because your purchase will be practically useless unless you ultimately reset your phone in order to find that additional storage space and then re-purchase within the phone. I'm simply not going to do that, it's not worth it for 1 game, no matter how much kudos and bragging rights it might afford me amongst my peers.

Ian Rothwell

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Tried the .xap file download method from Windows Store as I have an 820 (ext sd card). Thought I'd cracked it only to realise that once you download it, it still wants to INSTALL on the internal storage, NOT the sd card!

Love the Nokia 820, now think it's a bit stupid to only have 8gb internal storage. V. dissapointed. Not sure if I'm willing to do a factory reset of my phone just to play a game as I don't think you should have to wipe the contents of your life to make way for a game... Unless you're really really really really really really really really really really into it. And I'm not. I was prepared to uninstall every app I previously downladed, every photo I took, every note I had taken, even had to uninstall apps which came on the phone when I received it like Here maps and Transit and City Lens bla bla... And then I STILL didn't have 4GB of free storage internally. Is a factory reset the only way?!?!?!?!

OK, Update: It has installed but not sure how. WARNING: wear oven gloves if you have some as the phone get pretty hot.

It has installed on the INTERNAL memory, but used significantly less than the 4GB other have been throwing around on this thread. I think it used about 2 point something... perhaps 3GB at the most. I unsinstalled Real Racing, it said I didn't have enough storage blaa blaa etc then I just kinda left it and it installed. A bit weird but at least I didn't have to reset my life and delete all other functions of the phone to play it. So far so good game...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon