Halo Spartan Assault install issues

Scott Pooley

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi, can anyone help.

I have been trying to buy and install Halo Spartan Assault for ages. I am in the UK, have a Lumia 820, I have the option to buy it, I have the .xap on my SD card to save space and I have 2.9GB space on my phone's internal storage and yet it keeps saying I have reached my storage limit!

Any help is welcome!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The install is larger than the game itself. Some have reported it being in the 4GB range. Have you installed the Lumia Storage Check app to clear out your Other storage to get more room?

AdyCarter

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I can't get it to install either on my 820

Got myself to 3.2gb free yet the allegedly 700mb game still won't install.

Does it really need more than 4 times the space to install? WTF?

danielj903

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
This is failing for me during install also. I have tried restarting the phone, stopping any apps running that were running in the background, I really don't know what else to try. HTC 8X with 5.4GB of free space.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
This is failing for me during install also. I have tried restarting the phone, stopping any apps running that were running in the background, I really don't know what else to try. HTC 8X with 5.4GB of free space.

Atleast you get to try to download it, I'm from Holland using the L920 and it says it's not available for my device...
-_-

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

What's it telling you? Your problem might just be a connectivity issue with the Store that will resolve itself soon. You're not on a non-Verizon carrier in the U.S. are you?

danielj903

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm with Verizon and it just says there was a problem during installation, try again. It is not showing an error code and it is not giving the problem with connecting to the store message.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

Wow! I thought my space was limited (1.90GB free) but 5.4GB and it STILL won't let you install? Did it let you purchase it before you found out? It hasn't let me complete the transaction so at least I've not lost anything. I think I'll let this pass, there's no way I'm going to be able to free up virtually half my storage space just for 1 game. Although, it could be worth it getting a cheap WP off ebay just for games. I feel sorry for people with 8GB devices, must be the only thing you can install.

MacDaMachine

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I'd suggest that you stop attempting to install it. I could have sworn that failed installed get put in the other storage. I currently have 5GB in there. (luckily I got the Lumia 920)

danielj903

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'd suggest that you stop attempting to install it. I could have sworn that failed installed get put in the other storage. I currently have 5GB in there. (luckily I got the Lumia 920)

Looks like it does store the download in "other" but when if fails to install it dumps. I've been watching this and my storage is jumping between 5.4 and 6GB depending on if I check before download or during install. The install fails in the same spot every time, around the "t" in Spartan or approximately 75%. I have also tried to do download in airplane mode with WiFi only.

redshift50

May 17, 2013
Visit site
download it on pc or mac,then transfer to sd card,you will need lots of free space on your phone,I had to delete most games etc,
then go to Store,sd card and install from there...

lostlogik

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Did you guys get this to install? I've an 820 with 2.7GB free and cant d/l allegedly due to insufficient memory. Just wondering whether to risk buying on PC and saving to SD card for install. Don't want to buy it and then find I still have insufficient memory.

At least I can play it on my Surface if this is a bust but would like it on my phone too.

danielj903

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't have an SD slot on my HTC 8X and I did not get it to install normally. I was actually looking around to see if I could download it on pc then transfer to the phone via USB.

Niallkalipe

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
i have a Nokia 820 with 2.4 GB free and i cant install it too. i dont know what is happening maybe it is a global issue? i hope so... now let's wait until microsoft release an update and fix that thing.

Fatsam47

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I also have a lumia 820. I needed to free up about 3.8 gb before i could get it to install. Worth it as game is good. Phone gets very hot though.

Andr3sfc

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
A possible solution (from someone who had the same problem initially): try to buy/install it from the online store (windowsphone.com).
It worked like a charm for me.

danielj903

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
A possible solution (from someone who had the same problem initially): try to buy/install it from the online store (windowsphone.com).
It worked like a charm for me.
Tried your suggestion and that didn't work either. Thanks for throwing that out there, I forgot that I could use the online store.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte