Are users around the world getting shafted with Halo: Spartan Assault?

MyThIc3LiTe

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
The game is finally out and that is great, I just wish I could play the damn thing.

I'm in Canada, using a unlocked Rogers 920 on Wind Mobile. Generally that tends to be a non-issue for apps. Anything and everything works apart from specific carrier exclusive apps like those account managers or those TV apps on Bell or what have you; small beans right? Well, maybe not with Halo. Either Rogers landed exclusivity but somehow failed to mention it EVER OR its just a small group of users being locked out of purchases.

I don't know if people with original phones on their original plans are the only ones able to get Halo (On the big 3 networks) or if its just certain users like me who are using unlocked phones on other carriers who can't buy it. I don't get it, its kinda frustrating if thats the case.

Being unable to buy an app just because I picked a different carrier is bull****. I get the exclusivity with Verizon, but thats timed and we all knew to expect it. I did not expect this. I don't know if its just the nature of the deal, or just the way I'm using my phone specifically that the WP8 marketplace says "Hmm...you can't download this" Either way, I'm kinda pissed that I can't. Salt in the wound? This. Yes, its nice I can get it on my PC. WHOOPDE****INGDO, if I played on my PC in a meaningful amount I'd have already bought it but the platform I actually want it on I'm being locked out of for some arbitrary reason.

qDPC0oA.jpg

The most annoying part is that no one seems to know why this is sporadically happening. Surely not Wind, Rogers or even MS has been able to give me an answer that makes sense. MS was the most surprised, the guy literally wrote "I had no idea this was even going on in Canada" before giving up trying to find out what was going wrong.

Come on guys, what the hell. I want you to have my money. I'll probably end up buying both at this rate if I really want to play. Why are you making it so hard for me to give you my money? Why?

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
It was released...and usually takes a while until it reaches everywhere. I can find it through QR code on my 920 but I can't find it in my local Marketplace on PC.
I've had similar cases before and in the end I was able to find it after waiting 1 day. Just need to give it some time.

Out of the US btw.

HM02

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
As money-hungry companies and carriers are, you'd think they'd release the damn game on all carriers, all phones in all countries. They could be making a fortune right now.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't find it in the store on my RT - had to copy and paste a weblink into onenote then open the store webpage using that link. Im in the UK but tried various other regions and searched the store to no avail.

Its downloading now which is torture as ive just started work - going to have to wait 12 hours before I can play on it.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Since I'm still on Rogers with my Lumia 920 it wasn't a problem for me to get HSA, but for my Surface Pro, I had to go through the Game app and find HSA there, pressing play prompted me to the Store app where it was available to download.

MyThIc3LiTe

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I found myself a Rogers sim card, put it into my phone and guess what? I still can't download it through any means. WP Central app, QR code; whatever you can think of. It isn't working at all so at this point I don't know whats preventing me from spending money on this.

Anyone have any ideas?

The very weird thing is I can't search for the game in either the web based store or the phone. Doesn't show up anywhere through normal means at all for me.

Which I find exceptionally odd that its being restricted in its rollout like this, I just don't get how they are doing it, if there is exclusivity, or if its just people like me who are using unlocked phones on other networks who are being shafted. Either way, I'm pissed. Its basically punishing me for not being on that network.

Last edited:

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I found myself a Rogers sim card, put it into my phone and guess what? I still can't download it through any means. WP Central app, QR code; whatever you can think of. It isn't working at all so at this point I don't know whats preventing me from spending money on this.

Anyone have any ideas?

The very weird thing is I can't search for the game in either the web based store or the phone. Doesn't show up anywhere through normal means at all for me.

Which I find exceptionally odd that its being restricted in its rollout like this, I just don't get how they are doing it, if there is exclusivity, or if its just people like me who are using unlocked phones on other networks who are being shafted. Either way, I'm pissed. Its basically punishing me for not being on that network.

Did you change your phone's APN settings to those of Rogers?

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm in Canada on bells network using an unlocked Rogers ATIV S and downloaded fine last night... My friend with a bell 8X had no problems either

MyThIc3LiTe

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm in Canada on bells network using an unlocked Rogers ATIV S and downloaded fine last night... My friend with a bell 8X had no problems either

You didn't happen to change your region to America before? To get other benefits previously?

Nope, still on the Canadian store, haven't done anything prior in that regard, so I have no clue what would be making it go wrong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro