I just moved to WP8 and was able to migrate nearly all the apps I had on WP7 to WP8. However, I noticed Angry Birds was missing from the bunch. I originally purchased it back in 2012 for $1 and also got the upgraded freebie version they offered a few months back. When I go to my purchase history to reinstall my apps, it tells me the app is not compatible with WP8. Is there any way I can get Angry Birds back on my phone? I rightfully purchased the app on WP7...it makes no sense that I can get the WP8 version for every other app I purchased except for this one.
    07-26-2013 10:50 PM
    I don't feel like this was an issue for me when I moved over but that was a while ago. It is possible Rovio decided to make it a new app compared to just updating it to work on both. You might just have to fork over the money again unfortunately. It has happened to me before on other platforms.
    07-26-2013 10:53 PM
    I don't feel like this was an issue for me when I moved over but that was a while ago. It is possible Rovio decided to make it a new app compared to just updating it to work on both. You might just have to fork over the money again unfortunately. It has happened to me before on other platforms.
    They did make a new app. In fact, it was free for downloading for the first month. It is WP8-only.
    07-26-2013 11:43 PM
    I just moved to WP8 and was able to migrate nearly all the apps I had on WP7 to WP8. However, I noticed Angry Birds was missing from the bunch.
    You should thank microsoft.
    07-26-2013 11:58 PM
    This is all pretty disappointing to hear. I left some feedback for MS on the App+Games store. It's a long shot but hopefully someone will respond to me. In the meantime, I guess I'll find other games to play because I really don't feel like double paying for this game.
    07-27-2013 08:13 AM
    At what point in time did $.99 become such substantial money? It's not like your progress would've traveled over to your new phone, so you would've obviously needed to start back from scratch. I noticed when I purchased my 928 that Angry Birds didn't transfer over either, but I bought it all over again. If it were $3 I could understand, but for $.99 I just don't see the point.
    07-27-2013 04:08 PM
    This is all pretty disappointing to hear. I left some feedback for MS on the App+Games store. It's a long shot but hopefully someone will respond to me. In the meantime, I guess I'll find other games to play because I really don't feel like double paying for this game.
    I get your disappoint. Leaving feedback is always good, though this is something that happens on every platform at times.
    07-28-2013 06:17 PM
    The old AB (released in 2010) is removed from the store for good when the new version came out. The new version costs 1$ for both WP7 and WP8, but on WP7, there are no achievements/leaderboards, like with all the other AB versions on WP7 (AB: Space, SW, etc.)

There is no way to download and install the old version because you can't find it in the store anymore (unless you have the xap file on your PC)
    07-29-2013 03:07 PM