Name your favorite game

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Does ilomilo even have any competition yet? Nope.

Ehh, ilomilo is OK. I really don't care for the camera on it, and it can be a bit boring after a bit. I think that Asphalt 7 might take the cake for me, when you consider how well the game works and that it is only $0.99. Similarly, Wordament is free and offers unlimited replay value.

juska

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
What do you guys think is it possible to have a hit game without xbox companion? Majority of the titles in this threads are xbox games by selected developers.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
On this platform, I think it is tough for it to happen. We aren't getting the "in" games at the time of release, and we often get them when they are out-of-style. We still don't have a playable version of Words With Friends, leaving us to look to the Xbox-branded Alphajax. We don't have that Candy Crush thing, so people stick with its predecessor, Bejeweled. We don't have Temple Run 2, so people stick with the older versions.

On top of that, there's the simple matter of appearances. Some (myself included) gravitate towards the games with the gaming brand (Xbox) attached, be it for the implication of quality or (in my case) the addition of Achievements. The Xbox games simply offer an extra level of play with the Achievements, and using our Xbox LIVE accounts (rather than some generic online account we have to make repeatedly for every non-Xbox game we want to play online) is a nice convenience for making friends and joining them on other games (especially with the messaging system within Xbox LIVE).

juska

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Valid point. I think another powerful way to make a hit would be Nokia Collection, but it is obviously not available for indie developers.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I have way too many games so here's my top 10:

5 from XBox and 5 indie

Asphalt 7
Jetpack Joyride (especially after the ALL ITEM FREE glitch/sale xD)
Rayman Jungle Run
UNO Friends
Wordament

Most AE Games
Achtung!
Cradle To The Grave
Line Birds
Robotek

Honorable mentions: Royal Revolt!, Ruzzle, Second Chance, The Path of Kara, Zulu Star

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Sparkle- beats Zuma at its own game

Robotek - turn based robot strategy fighting game

NOVA 3 - like Crysis?

Greed City - think real life monopoly, buying property around you and checking in for cash

Texas Holdem Poker - multiplayer, nuff said

Six Guns - seems like a good RPG

Words by Post - (scrabble)

Honorable mention: AE Fruit Slash, Where is my Water, Tiki Towers

and mentioned Uno & Friends, Wordament

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I had to come back to edit my list above because I recently picked up Mirror's Edge and really liked it. In fact, it is one of my favorite games on Windows Phone now. When I first played the trial I was impressed with the presentation, story, and concept, but worried the game would get old. I decided to give it a shot anyway, and I'm so glad I bought the full game for many reasons: 1) there is much more to the game mechanics not evident in the trial, including attacking enemies (with fantastic Matrix-esque slow-motion camera work), 2) it has a cool time trial mode where you can race against the ghost of your Xbox friends as you try to break their records, 3) the soundtrack is the best I've ever heard on a mobile game, 4) it comes with awesome un-lockable wallpapers, plus Xbox achievements too. This game is well worth the price: the touch controls are intuitive, the gameplay is unique, and there is a lot of replay value when you consider the ability to race against your friends' ghosts on every level. Very cool.

Brandon Schmedeke

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Chaos Rings - An amazing RPG by Square Enix that has over 6 hours of game play and an amazing story line that's gets you sucked in.

Reaper - Not much to say except the game play is amazing and its highly addicting with a good storyline.

Asphalt 7 - We all need at least one racing game on ours phones and this is definitely one of the best.

Order and Chaos - A great open world mmorpg that's satisfies anyone's tastes if only Gameloft would update it on windows.

Jetpack Joyride - Highly addicting and mindless fun.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss