Name your favorite game

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Loving my new Windows Phone but am finding it hard to explore the store for games that might not show up in one of the categories. For instance, I wouldn't know Civ Rev was on there if I hadn't googled some recommendation articles. So to try to get a variety of good recommendations we should all post a single on of our favorites.

I just got started but so far Crimson Dragon stands out.

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Carcassonne and Zombies are nice if you like board games. Physi Bricks is fun and of course there's always Angry Birds. Achtung is fun. I gravitate towards games that let me listen to audiobooks while I play (i.e. no reading or story or too much thinking).

GimbleFIN

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Modern Combat 4 online multiplayer is fun but it takes few hours getting your *** kicked before you learn controls. But after that it's awesome!

cowmmando

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi, maybe try my brand new game called Cowmmando. It is a shooter but it's got an accelerometer implemented for movement which is a wonderful experience. It is reading phone movement up/down/left/right pretty well. Check cowmmando.com and also this forum for my post about the game.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't usually play games on my phone. But when I do, I play plants vs zombies and gravity guy mostly. Sometimes geo defense.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Overall Favorite: Carcassonne. If you want to play online, check out this guide I wrote.

Best Strategy: Skulls of the Shogun. Has a nice cross-platform, asynchronous multiplayer mode, and also a good single-player story.

Best Puzzle: Hexic Rush: A unique twist on the genre with two very different modes that freshen things up, plus the Xbox achievements are challenging, but fair.

Best Sports: NBA Jam. Unfortunately the multiplayer is spotty (I never got it to work), and the achievements are a grind, but overall, this game is still a blast.

Best Word: (tie) AlphaJax, Wordament. Alphajax is like Scrabble; Wordament is like Boggle.

Best Retro : Rocket Riot. A blast to pick up and play for a few minutes at a time.

Best Shooter : Halo: Spartan Assault. The controls on this game are fantastic, the graphics are top-notch. It's a blast.

Best Platformer : Mirror's Edge. A really cool side-scroller with fantastic music, great presentation, a good story, and intuitive touch screen controls.

Bonus: here is a list of multiplayer games I've compiled.

Last edited:

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
NBA Jam is on Windows Phone 8 store? No results when I search for it. I enjoyed it for iOS.

Ah, Hexic... One of the only WinMo games I played consistently.

jenni122701

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I have just been basically playing Spell It and Words by Post. Then Ill play a little solitaire or AE Bowling. I am hoping a couple of my fave games come to WP. Id love to see Candy Crush and one of my fav word games on iOS was Hooked on Words. I miss that one a lot on my phone!

Sent from my iPad 3rd Gen using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon