Halo: Spartan Assault

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm questioning if anybody with a 512MB device can actually download it, Especially if it needs 3-4GB of space.

There has been nothing about Updates or if compatibility with 512MB devices would actually come.

yes there was. when the game's launch date for Verizon was announced they confirmed a 512MB version was releasing.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If this game had been available on AT&T from day one I might have purchased it. The initial month on Verizon has killed most of the interest I had in the game. At this point I'd need to play a trial version to convince me to buy it.

So, for those who've bought the game, is it worth it? The controls seem to be a big point of contention, which is a concern. Am I better off going with the Windows 8 version?

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
If this game had been available on AT&T from day one I might have purchased it. The initial month on Verizon has killed most of the interest I had in the game. At this point I'd need to play a trial version to convince me to buy it.

So, for those who've bought the game, is it worth it? The controls seem to be a big point of contention, which is a concern. Am I better off going with the Windows 8 version?

I've played about 10 missions. Touchscreen controls are definitely touchy (lawl), but there is a generous aim-assist of about 20 to 30 degrees.

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site

Definitely not worth buying! I've been a Halo fan since the first game dropped with the original Xbox, and I hate the game! Not worth $6.99. You also have to pay real money to access certain weapons and armor upgrades, and they're only available for that one level! Then you have to purchase them again if you want to use them again! Controls are horrific as well. Sound stutters, game freezes randomly, etc. I'm not the only one who's had these problems either, judging from reviews. You're better off getting Batman or Nova 3 for that price.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Definitely not worth buying! I've been a Halo fan since the first game dropped with the original Xbox, and I hate the game! Not worth $6.99. You also have to pay real money to access certain weapons and armor upgrades, and they're only available for that one level! Then you have to purchase them again if you want to use them again! Controls are horrific as well. Sound stutters, game freezes randomly, etc. I'm not the only one who's had these problems either, judging from reviews. You're better off getting Batman or Nova 3 for that price.

Batman runs like crap (LOTS of stuttering), and N.O.V.A.'s controls are an absolute nightmare.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Use Bing Rewards, and you can get the game for free after a while. I didn't pay for it because I used Bing Rewards for Windows Phone Store gift cards myself. Also, there was a workaround to get the game on AT&T devices within HOURS of release. I got it on my AT&T Lumia 920 the day of its release. As for the quality of the game, it's a much-upgraded version of Gun Bros. The controls aren't perfect, but the sticks work really well, in my opinion. I've only done 3 missions because I am completing other games right now, but I'd say that the game is worth $7 if that's what they charge for Batman, Spider-Man, Modern Combat, and N.O.V.A. (the superhero games have a lot of stuttering issues and the FPS games have wretched controls).

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
FYI, the update is now available on both Windows Phone and Windows 8. Looks like they learned from what happened last time, and only promised tomorrow, even though it's ready a little early.

PaulSancheezzee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I updated the game on Windows 8 and it looks like all my mission progress is gone -_- Achievements are still there but all the gold stars are missing:devil:

Trevor Jones2

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Same, Windows phone 8 version is ok but windows 8 shows no progress. It looks like it's not loading the data from the cloud as before both devices would share progress, medals, etc.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I've had some issues before but on a later try the PC version synced up with my Surface RT version (RT version being how I mostly play), so it might be that it resyncs at a later time again.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Just got it for my 521, been saving up bing points just for this. I needed just a little over 3.5 gig of free space to install only had to removed 2 games that I was not playing.

Have not actually started playing it but going to later today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18