Where's My Water - Playback Responsiveness (Lumia 920)

msalmank

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

As an avid fan of Where's My Water, I downloaded the new game (Where's My Water 2) from the marketplace as soon as it was released. It's a great game for sure, but one thing really bugs/irritates me...

The game is kinda slow in animations through menus and such. For instance, swiping across the water from one level to another... it is slow on the Lumia 920. (The same on my wife's iPhone 5 is smooth and fast). Similarly, though the gameplay itself is good, it isn't as smooth and as responsive as the iPhone 5!

Anyone else noticed this issue? Most games perform great... so I'm wondering if this is a game specific issue?

Regards.
Salman Khalid.

boshkop

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I noticed the same. Especially when you compare it to Where's my water 1. Hopefully they will fix it in the next update.

msalmank

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I noticed the same. Especially when you compare it to Where's my water 1. Hopefully they will fix it in the next update.

Thanks... I was starting to wonder if it was just me 'coz I hadn't seen anyone make any remarks in the marketplace reviews about it. Hopefully the update'll come soon!!!

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've been seeing the same complaints on Android. I saw the game running on an HTC One, the new aluminum-bodied model, and was shocked by the poor performance.

It seems that the developers spent more time optimizing for iOS. That or newer iPhones are powerful enough to overcome the crap coding present in this game.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been seeing the same complaints on Android. I saw the game running on an HTC One, the new aluminum-bodied model, and was shocked by the poor performance.

It seems that the developers spent more time optimizing for iOS. That or newer iPhones are powerful enough to overcome the crap coding present in this game.

Newer iPhones aren't more capable than mu 8X. Most likely, it was rushed. I'm having the same issues with my Water II. I also don't like that you have an "Energy Meter" that runs out, and you have to wait to continue playing. RRRRRDR

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Newer iPhones aren't more capable than mu 8X.

I don't know about that. Apple's GPUs tend to be well ahead of the pack in most performance benchmarks. Admittedly, I've seen it go the other way, but the iPhone 4S typically outperforms the Adreno 225 in most benchmarks that I've seen. I've yet to come across a single game on my iPad 2, same GPU as the 4S, that has suffered from choppy frame rates. So I can only imagine how far ahead of the curve the iPhone 5 is.

However, you are right that Where's My Water 2 is a crap port. There's no reason at all why these phones shouldn't run these games well. There are numerous games out there that prove that fact.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss