Asphault 8 not XBL....FAIL

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to stop by and clarify a few things. Like others have mentioned the game does have achievements, but at the moment they aren't XBL ones.
To even say at he moment implies they will at some point in the future...ive never heard of a game going xbl after being published. either it is or isn't please clarify

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
To even say at he moment implies they will at some point in the future...ive never heard of a game going xbl after being published. either it is or isn't please clarify

Games can get updated with Xbox Live through content updates. I don't know what the Development team has planned at the moment so I can't clarify, but we are aware of how strongly the community feels about XBL features and we definitely appreciate the feedback.

I Spiritus I

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Cut the Rope for Windows 8 was re-released with achievements IIRC.

I like achievements, they add extra playability & I think they add to a game. Believe it or not, a lot of people care about achievements... take a look at TrueAchievements.com as an example. Nothing more satisfying than spending a couple of hours trying to get an achievement and hearing that pop!

Achievements are important to me Ryan too & are a deciding factor quite a few times if I buy a game or not. A8 being one of them! (Played both A7 on WP8 & W8, also spent quite a bit on ingame currency too!)

Off-topic but do you guys have any more planned for W8?

Cheers.

supadryz

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a feeling this will begin the fall of xbox live titles on WP. this is not good at all. due to the rules & regulations which microsoft put in place for xboxlive titles alot of companys are boycotting & releasing non xbox titles instead. Look what happened to Chickens Can't Fly, Doodle Jump.

I prefer these games to achievements & will not buy any games on my phone without them.

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Achievements are important to me Ryan too & are a deciding factor quite a few times if I buy a game or not. A8 being one of them! (Played both A7 on WP8 & W8, also spent quite a bit on ingame currency too!)
Off-topic but do you guys have any more planned for W8?
Cheers.

The game has achievements but sadly, not XBL ones. So if chasing down achievements in general keeps you interested in a game, A8 offers that! :)

We do have more things planned for Windows Phone and Windows 8. Here is the blog post I did after we announced our latest partnership with Microsoft: Dynamic Duo: Gameloft and Microsoft Team Up!

It talks about a few titles that are already out and a couple that haven't come yet but are due out before the end of the year. I know we've got a lot of cool things coming up next year as well, so definitely be sure to keep an eye out for other GL titles :D

I Spiritus I

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
The game has achievements but sadly, not XBL ones. So if chasing down achievements in general keeps you interested in a game, A8 offers that! :)

We do have more things planned for Windows Phone and Windows 8. Here is the blog post I did after we announced our latest partnership with Microsoft: Dynamic Duo: Gameloft and Microsoft Team Up!

It talks about a few titles that are already out and a couple that haven't come yet but are due out before the end of the year. I know we've got a lot of cool things coming up next year as well, so definitely be sure to keep an eye out for other GL titles :D

Thanks, I will take a look at the blog post! Looking forward to the new games as always.

Appreciate A8 has them in game but I personally prefer the Xbox Live ones. Means they appear on my gamercard along with all of my other games (Windows Phone, Windows 8, GFWL, X360 and soon X1!) :).

EchoRedux

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm will Keith Wallace on this one. If it doesn't make a bloop sound with a green toast notification, it ain't really an achievement. MS needs to make the process cheaper and easier for devs otherwise quality games will be released with little interest from people who like adding to their gamerscore.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree, however the system is broken for certification, improvements need to be made. Yeah, Asphalt 8 has Achievements, but there's a real downside to not having Xbox-based ones. I can't be on my Xbox or PC and check out my progress on the game. I can't compare my progress to my friends. I can't look at my progress from the Games hub on my phone. I can't look back weeks or months or years down the road and think fondly of earning difficult Achievements. I am certainly not one to brag about ym GamerScore or anything, but I like to personally view my overall Achievement progress across all of my games, so not being able to do so is a letdown for me.

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Games can get updated with Xbox Live through content updates. I don't know what the Development team has planned at the moment so I can't clarify, but we are aware of how strongly the community feels about XBL features and we definitely appreciate the feedback.

Hey hopefully you are viewing this but the multiplayer needs more work, it is unfair that i am using a class B or C car and i get paired with a class S car(Lamborghini Veneno) and also multiplyer waits sometimes take longer than they should. We have 5 players and then it waits like another minute and people leave and then only 4 left but race wont start.

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey hopefully you are viewing this but the multiplayer needs more work, it is unfair that i am using a class B or C car and i get paired with a class S car(Lamborghini Veneno) and also multiplyer waits sometimes take longer than they should. We have 5 players and then it waits like another minute and people leave and then only 4 left but race wont start.

The Development team is constantly monitoring the multiplayer scene and addresses issues with it by putting out small hot-fix updates or in big content updates. So as the game is out longer, the multiplayer scene should continue to improve!

Deaconclgi

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
10+ years with an Xbox LIVE account. Yeah, I've played video games before the 360. I also played games with garbage graphics, but that doesn't mean I can't like new features and advancements and expect them to be present in games that are releasing in a new gaming era. Nowadays, Achievements and trophies are commonplace in many games, and saying it's silly to expect them is silly in and of itself.

Who said it is silly to expect achievements and trophies? I didn't say that in my post. Once again, there are achievements in the game. There are medals too, in addition to winning the races, completing the seasons, leveling up your profile, collecting the cars and tracks, achieving fully upgraded vehicles. There are a lot of achievements and I may not have achieved some of them by the time Asphalt 9 is released.

So to clarify, I never said it is silly to expect achievements and trophies. I said "
For people who have played games before this Xbox generation, we can call it silly to write off a game because the achievements aren't labeled Xbox."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss