Asphault 8 not XBL....FAIL

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The game looks like it's got a bit of difference from its predecessor, but I'm skipping it also. I'd have bought it immediately with Xbox LIVE integration, but taking that out and charging the same price kills it for me. I've only once bought a non-Xbox game, and it was just to support a really-friendly developer. Without Xbox integration to give me something to chase, Asphalt 8 wouldn't ever get played by me, as I'm working on a load of Xbox-branded games on my 920 as it is.

Rather than blame GameLoft though, I have to say Microsoft needs to make the certification process 30 times easier.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
LOL, as if there's a set meaning of "fun." I have fun going after Achievements. I guess I shouldn't ever go beat the rest of my video games because someone else won't consider them fun. Who cares if I think it's fun? It's what random strangers on the Internet are telling me to do that TRULY determines what is fun for me.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
LOL, as if there's a set meaning of "fun." I have fun going after Achievements. I guess I shouldn't ever go beat the rest of my video games because someone else won't consider them fun. Who cares if I think it's fun? It's what random strangers on the Internet are telling me to do that TRULY determines what is fun for me.

Whilst that's true, writing a game off because it doesn't award points is a bit silly.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Whilst that's true, writing a game off because it doesn't award points is a bit silly.

And I say it's silly to pay the same price for a game that takes out a major feature of its predecessor. I mean, chasing Achievements is no different than chasing an in-game item like a car. Racing games don't have great goals, so they're highly repetitive. Achievements offer an extra level of goals to change it up and add better replay value.

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Isn't the purpose of life to achieve a goal? Therefore, am achievement. Why should it be different for a video game? The Achievements make it more competitive to compete with friends and show off. I would rather get credits to buy a prop but very few WP games give credits.

Deaconclgi

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Keith,

There are achievements in the game, just not Xbox achievements AND the whole point of most racing games, before the whole "achievement" thing became popular recently is to WIN, obtain all the cars and tracks and have the best times and beat track records.

For people who have played games before this Xbox generation, we can call it silly to write off a game because the achievements aren't labeled Xbox.

The point of the game is to race and win and look good doing it. Have you even looked into the achievements that are in the game? If you were honest about the problem being something to work towards, there is PLENTY to work towards.

Did you not play games before Xbox Live and the achievement system was created?

Last edited:

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes I have. But once I found out about achievements, that's all I have been focused on. Besides 90% of games out there feel like work. Might as well earn the achievements.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Let's not forget that it's not just achievements that are gone in the new one. The new one also from what I've read doesn't sync progress between phone and PC as far as I can see, and (again only from what I've read) doesn't allow true online multiplayer anymore - it only has online versus your friends' ghosts.

I haven't bought it to know for sure though.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Keith,

There are achievements in the game, just not Xbox achievements AND the whole point of most racing games, before the whole "achievement" thing became popular recently is to WIN, obtain all the cars and tracks and have the best times and beat track records.

For people who have played games before this Xbox generation, we can call it silly to write off a game because the achievements aren't labeled Xbox.

The point of the game is to race and win and look good doing it. Have you even looked into the achievements that are in the game? If you were honest about the problem being something to work towards, there is PLENTY to work towards.

Did you not play games before Xbox Live and the achievement system was created?

10+ years with an Xbox LIVE account. Yeah, I've played video games before the 360. I also played games with garbage graphics, but that doesn't mean I can't like new features and advancements and expect them to be present in games that are releasing in a new gaming era. Nowadays, Achievements and trophies are commonplace in many games, and saying it's silly to expect them is silly in and of itself.

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Let's not forget that it's not just achievements that are gone in the new one. The new one also from what I've read doesn't sync progress between phone and PC as far as I can see, and (again only from what I've read) doesn't allow true online multiplayer anymore - it only has online versus your friends' ghosts.

I haven't bought it to know for sure though.

Just wanted to stop by and clarify a few things. Like others have mentioned the game does have achievements, but at the moment they aren't XBL ones. The game also offers cloud sync so you should be able to transfer progress after it syncs up with our servers. Lastly, the game does offer true multiplayer by going to the "World Series" section on the main menu. This lets players join rooms based on their race selections and compete against other WP/W8 players. The option to race friends' ghosts is just another form of multiplayer the game offers but it isn't the only type.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Just wanted to stop by and clarify a few things. Like others have mentioned the game does have achievements, but at the moment they aren't XBL ones. The game also offers cloud sync so you should be able to transfer progress after it syncs up with our servers. Lastly, the game does offer true multiplayer by going to the "World Series" section on the main menu. This lets players join rooms based on their race selections and compete against other WP/W8 players. The option to race friends' ghosts is just another form of multiplayer the game offers but it isn't the only type.

In that case, I apologize for the misinformation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99