Dungeon Hunter 4

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
it keeps saying that i need to update the game when i try to enter multiplayer game mode. but when i tap update it goes game hub and does nothing. there is no update available also in the store. can anybody help me please. i dont want to reinstall the game because i just finished the stupid tutorial and if i reinstall it i need to play it all over again to access multiplayer.
Yes were is the update its been telling me for 3 days now this is getting old real quick

Hmm...I'll ask about this, I'm not sure why it's telling you all to do that. To my knowledge there haven't been any updates for DH4 on the Windows platform yet.

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Just heard back about the update stuff: Looks like it's something that's on Microsoft's side of things. It's trying to tell you all to update to something that isn't available yet, but will be in the near future. I've been told we are going to get it resolved in the next couple of days. Really sorry that popping up and bugging you all.

kubimonsta

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Just heard back about the update stuff: Looks like it's something that's on Microsoft's side of things. It's trying to tell you all to update to something that isn't available yet, but will be in the near future. I've been told we are going to get it resolved in the next couple of days. Really sorry that popping up and bugging you all.
thanks for your concern.

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Ryan,512 mb update,dates?

I don't have a concrete date. It's supposed to be out by the end of the month, but as with any update, it has to go through certification processes and everything before being released. I'll check this week to see if I can get a solid one before I go back home for my Christmas/New Year's vacation.

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey Ryan, i have seen many reviewers bashing Dungeon Hunter 4 for overusing IAPs. I was about to download it but now am a bit skeptical. What should i do?

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I received an update for Asphalt 8 today, and it appears to have fixed the graphics issues. Hopefully Gameloft will be releasing similar patches for their other games to fix the compatibility issues with the 2520 tablet.

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey Ryan, i have seen many reviewers bashing Dungeon Hunter 4 for overusing IAPs. I was about to download it but now am a bit skeptical. What should i do?

Fair question! I understand with the space requirements that you'd want some info on it. I think that we've addressed a lot of the balance issues that were related to early game potion use, which often forced players into buying additional pots. I think that if you are a competent hack-n-slash RPG player you can progress through the game at a decent pace. However, there is no denying, the option to pay early for good gear is definitely there. I've been playing on and off with different characters for our streams and for fun and outside of using the currency I get at the start for extra bag spaces, I personally haven't felt the need to buy anything else. In all fairness though, it will depend on the player.

I received an update for Asphalt 8 today, and it appears to have fixed the graphics issues. Hopefully Gameloft will be releasing similar patches for their other games to fix the compatibility issues with the 2520 tablet.

Yeah, I've heard directly from the team and they've got an update planned for DH4 that should include 512MB support and also graphics issues. I believe they said it should be out by the end of the month at the earliest or beginning of the new year. Also they finally got their hands on a Lumia 2520 and are working to address the graphics issues people are talking about across our games with that device.

Also, just as a heads up: I'll be going on vacation starting Friday night for Christmas/New Years for 2 weeks so if I don't answer posts/PMs that is why! Just want to start letting you all know :)

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hope they update fast for 512 devices cuz im waiting for playing with my bro and her Android

The 512MB update will be coming in the near future. I've been told this by the Dev team. However, Windows players will only be able to play with other Windows players. We don't offer cross-platform gameplay with DH4 ):

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
The 512MB update will be coming in the near future. I've been told this by the Dev team. However, Windows players will only be able to play with other Windows players. We don't offer cross-platform gameplay with DH4 ):
ohhh damn.... thats not cool bro, why not cross platform? :( but thanks for say this, now i feel good cuz im not waiting the 512 update :p

Stama Mihai

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
1) can i still play multiplayer mode if that update message is appearing to me ?
2) is the update issued only on a specific zone (i.e. America) ? ... i can't find the update on the store :(

Last edited:

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site

I've been playing for a couple weeks and have not purchased any gems. Yes buying gems will speed things up and if you are a very impatient person and just want to fly through the game without repeating anything, you will have to buy gems or you will hit a wall where things are too strong for you. If on the other hand you play it a little more patiently and are willing to grind some of the levels multiple times to get money and upgrades, you can progress successfully without buying gems. In fact the Bronze Lottery free spin you get once every 24 hours can be used to get 12 gems every time if you want to build up gems. Simply select the Bronze option, and if the 12 gems item is not the first thing on the list of prizes, back out and go back in until it is. Then spin and choose that for your prize. That's 84 gems per week right there, not counting any you may win as part of some of the random daily/weekly missions that come up. And of course multiplayer PvP where you can get 2 per win, 1 per loss. Yes it's a bit grindy, but if you like the game, you shouldn't feel too compelled to spend much if any to play.

For the record: I spent my early gems on some bag slots, a 17% gold/exp ring with health regen (52 gems on sale after completing a dungeon), and the 3rd passive skill slot. I'm saving gems now for either more bag slots and/or the 4th passive skill slot.

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
1) can i still play multiplayer mode if that update message is appearing to me ?
2) is the update issued only on a specific zone (i.e. America) ? ... i can't find the update on the store :(

1 - I believe so, yes. I haven't had any experience with this specific bug because all of our Windows devices here at the office are out traveling with people.

2 - No, the update will roll out to everyone. The reason you can't find the update is because it hasn't hit yet. Like I mentioned in the thread earlier, it should be hitting by the end of the month. That's the last update I heard from the Windows team and I'm assuming that's still their goal since I haven't heard anything different :)

Stama Mihai

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
1 - I believe so, yes. I haven't had any experience with this specific bug because all of our Windows devices here at the office are out traveling with people.
ty for you're answer ...but i can't figure out how to enter in multiplayer mode...:(((
from my "world map" if i select "mutiplayer", it shows me that "update available, please go to windows store" ... and buttons "cancel" and "update" are available :(
cancel - returns me to world map
update - exits the game to main menu

ty for further info :)
great game ! :)

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
ty for you're answer ...but i can't figure out how to enter in multiplayer mode...:(((
from my "world map" if i select "mutiplayer", it shows me that "update available, please go to windows store" ... and buttons "cancel" and "update" are available :(
cancel - returns me to world map
update - exits the game to main menu

ty for further info :)
great game ! :)

Hmm...if that's the case then maybe not! Like I said, I'm afraid all of our Windows devices are out right now and I can't test this for myself. If it's forcing you to update then that's something that the actual update will fix when it's pushed out this month and you'll then be able to access multiplayer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb