GTA San Andreas is coming to windows phone

Andr3sfc

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Wish it is available for 512mb ram specially NL 620 coz I have it :evil:
P.S:-And another impossible wish that I know will never come true is that I wish that it will be free :cool::winktongue:

It may very well never be available for 512 Mb devices, and it won't be nothing wrong with it.

People have to understand something: you get what you pay for. The 620 is a low-end device. It's not fitted for heavy, demanding gaming - as I'm pretty sure the GTA: SA will be.

So, no surprise down the road if the game happens to require more resources than your current device can provide.

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
It may very well never be available for 512 Mb devices, and it won't be nothing wrong with it.

People have to understand something: you get what you pay for. The 620 is a low-end device. It's not fitted for heavy, demanding gaming - as I'm pretty sure the GTA: SA will be.

So, no surprise down the road if the game happens to require more resources than your current device can provide.

well,if a heavy game like six-guns worked perfectly on my phone,then why not GTA??? :( btw,I can dream,can't I??? :p

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
well,if a heavy game like six-guns worked perfectly on my phone,then why not GTA??? :( btw,I can dream,can't I??? :p

While this line of through makes sense, no two games work the same. I have only played Six Guns for around 10 minutes but I can see how GTA:SA may be more demanding. I honestly don't know enough about the SnapDragon S4 to compare it to the PS2, but in game development, you optimize for your performance spikes, not when the engine isn't pushing the hardware. So you have to ask yourself, would any scene in Six Guns be as demanding as a moment in GTA:SA where you have full wanted stars having law enforcement chasing you with cars, choppers, etc. while you're racing away, crashing through other cars, etc.? I haven't played through GTA:SA either, so it's impossible for me to claim which has more demanding scenes. Another thing we don't know in detail what enhancements Rockstar is making to the mobile version, so that could make the game even more demanding.

We'll see next month. Hopefully for 520 owners, and Rockstar as well since that's a huge userbase, they will be able to play the game on their phones. Just don't be surprised if that doesn't happen.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
This game better be an Xbox game or I'm going to power smash my 928 into a brick wall. Either that or I just won't purchase the game and will support developers who still make Xbox games for Windows Phone. Haven't decided yet.

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
This game better be an Xbox game or I'm going to power smash my 928 into a brick wall. Either that or I just won't purchase the game and will support developers who still make Xbox games for Windows Phone. Haven't decided yet.

Buying the game (with or without XBL support) would yield a better chance at future support and future XBL support while not buying the game raises the chance that we'll never see another GTA title on WP.

Which do you think is more preferable?

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm just glad to see more new games and apps coming out with WP support :) This year it looks like we'll see more things launching with WP support at the same time as the iOS and Android versions.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Buying the game (with or without XBL support) would yield a better chance at future support and future XBL support while not buying the game raises the chance that we'll never see another GTA title on WP.

1. If you buy a non-Xbox title the same as an Xbox title, it tells developers that they can get the same sales with less effort. That removes incentive to do the extra work for Xbox games (it's also how you get highly-iterative franchises like Call of Duty).
2. I hate GTA, so I can't say I would miss it.

I'll personalyl do like I did with Asphalt 8--I didn't buy the game, and I let the GameLoft representative here know that I didn't want to pay the same price for a sequel without a major feature (Xbox integration). I won't make a purchase, but I will make it known that the added effort will earn my money.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
No Xbox live, no sale. What's the point of having a gaming feature if no one uses it? Microsoft is obviously at fault for making certification such a nightmare but nonetheless, even if it means games are no longer released on WP I will not buy a game that does not support a major WP feature.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

No, that's the exact opposite of reality: if developers can make games without Xbox integration but still have them sell well, then they'll forever eschew Xbox integration. The only way they'll make Xbox games is if they discover it's a fact that Xbox games sell better. So, it's a bad idea to buy a game that doesn't have Xbox integration thinking that will somehow motivate them to make future games Xbox-enabled (the opposite is true: it'll motivate them to make future games non-Xbox enabled). I wish everyone who just bought Asphalt 8 had spent their money on Asphalt 7 instead and then tweeted @Gameloft to tell them about it: #SaveXboxWP. Don't reward developers for giving us boring ports from iOS and Android. Reward those who give us better ports: ports with extra features like Xbox.

Bizarro_Prime

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
This is good news and I look forward to playing it.
On a related note - When did the iFruit app get released for WP8? I just noticed its on the marketplace.

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
No, that's the exact opposite of reality: if developers can make games without Xbox integration but still have them sell well, then they'll forever eschew Xbox integration. The only way they'll make Xbox games is if they discover it's a fact that Xbox games sell better. So, it's a bad idea to buy a game that doesn't have Xbox integration thinking that will somehow motivate them to make future games Xbox-enabled (the opposite is true: it'll motivate them to make future games non-Xbox enabled). I wish everyone who just bought Asphalt 8 had spent their money on Asphalt 7 instead and then tweeted @Gameloft to tell them about it: #SaveXboxWP. Don't reward developers for giving us boring ports from iOS and Android. Reward those who give us better ports: ports with extra features like Xbox.

What version of reality do you live in? The only way not buying a game due to the lacking features will make any kind of statement is if the community makes a concerted effort to reach out to the company. However, this almost never happens outside of useless petitions that go largely ignored. In regards to the Asphalt games, you much rather people buy an inferior version because of some dumb loyalty or devotion to a few features? That's some kind of backwards logic. You want more companies to include XBL support? You should direct your attention toward MS for making it a hurdle instead of punishing these developers when they may not have had the choice of XBL support to begin with.

The XBL features are nice and that's it. They don't make a game play better, they don't make a game look better, they do nothing for a game other than add some auxiliary features. I much rather have the game/app in any way possible than to sabotage any chance of future support. You're correct that supporting a game may give developers the idea that excluding XBL features is acceptable. However there are also instances where developers invest more into a platform if they see bigger returns. We've seen this with the PS3 this generation, lower support in the beginning, but once game sales proved successful, more investment was made on the platform.

Again, by supporting these developers (who work hard to put these games on WP8), you at least have the chance of better support in the future. By boycotting their apps/games, you're doing nothing more than dooming any future support. You can see this on the Wii-U, where support is dropping off left and right due to the lack of any return on investment.

Basically people like you are doing much more harm for WP8 than good. It's nice to want things, but the growth and support of the platform should be most important to you as an owner. I would suggest you guys face the reality that WP8 doesn't have the marketshare or strength in the mobile world to dictate how software appears on the platform. We have to take what we can get and IF WP8 grows to be a major player in the mobile market, then (and only then) would your requests be taken more seriously. Hopefully the number of people who are so diehard on XBL that they'll hinder future support is low because I want this game to be successful on WP8, with or without XBL support.

I hope it comes with Bluetooth controller support like on iOS.

I believe it was already confirmed to have controller support for Android and WP as well. :smile:

Last edited:

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
What version of reality do you live in? The only way not buying a game due to the lacking features will make any kind of statement is if the community makes a concerted effort to reach out to the company. However, this almost never happens outside of useless petitions that go largely ignored. In regards to the Asphalt games, you much rather people buy an inferior version because of some dumb loyalty or devotion to a few features? That's some kind of backwards logic. You want more companies to include XBL support? You should direct your attention toward MS for making it a hurdle instead of punishing these developers when they may not have had the choice of XBL support to begin with.

We already started an online movement via Twitter under the hashtag #SaveXboxWP when Asphalt 8 launched without Xbox integration, the first Gameloft game to do so. Read here for details. We've let both Microsoft and Gameloft know our opinion. If GTA launches without Xbox support, we'll add them to the list and lobby them continuously. If you think online social movements don't work then you need to go back and look at the aftermath of Microsoft's Xbox One announcements at E3. People mobilized online and Microsoft changed their policies. (I was not one of them as I preferred the original Xbox One policies, but that's a different rant). The best way to get what you want is to boycott a product and let companies know exactly why you are doing so. Then you encourage others to do the same. How do you not get what you want? You buy their nerfed product anyway hoping that that will somehow encourage them to give you what you want later (news flash: it won't). You want me to spend my own money on a game that doesn't have the features I want? Eff that. I buy games that already have what I want in them. I'm not running a charity here.

Xbox integration makes games better: it increases replay value, it provides a unified experience, it increases the social aspect of gaming, and it offers a sense of exclusivity that other products don't have. I won't buy a game without it, and I know thousands of other people who feel the same way (these are also the same people who are more likely to buy games and more likely to encourage other people to buy games). It is in my opinion that the growth of the platform is dependent on the growth of Xbox games on the platform (not vice-versa). This feature is the only way to compensate for the fact that iOS and Android get more games and they get them faster. So we get fewer games and we get them later, but at least they had something extra, something unique to set them apart from iOS and Android; they had exclusive Xbox features. Without that, they're merely boring ports. The trend away from Xbox gaming on Windows Phone is detrimental to the growth of the platform and goes against the appeal and uniqueness of Microsoft's "One Microsoft" strategy.

varundude

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
What about htc 8x 1.5 ghz dual core 1 gb ram? And its windows mobile does it mean same coz im shock to see gta san coming to windows phone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb