The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
04-25-2014 02:00 PM
83 ... 234
tools
    Rather than creating yet another Minion Rush thread, I will post in here even though this is regarding the Windows 8 version of Minion Rush and not the phone version.

Even though I disagree with the ludicrous IAPs that Minion Rush offers, I tolerated them because my kids really enjoyed the game, however, this latest 'stunt' is the icing on the cake. Apparently, we are not allowed to play Minion Rush unless we enter a birthdate. Oh, and it better be the right one to, because you can't change it later (heavy on the sarcasm). Why, do you ask? Gameloft says it's so they can '...tailor this game appropriately.' That's right folks, data mining at its finest! So, let's pretend for a second that I was willing to do this. There is no way in heck that anyone is getting any of my kids' information so I would need to input my own. I guess their gaming experience would not be 'tailored' to the actual people playing the game. So Gameloft wants to collect my personal information for marketing and to profit by, and they are using their game as hostage to do so as you cannot play the game without giving them information.
    As you can tell, I am pretty upset and unless this changes, we'll be uninstalling the game and not supporting Gameloft ever again. To most and probably to Gameloft as well, this statement from our family more than likely means nothing but to us, it's important.
    Hopefully, Gameloft Ryan will explain this policy and let us know if it will change or not. Forcing people to do anything is bad practice.

Thanks for reading,
    Sent from our Surface RT
    01-26-2014 08:20 AM
    Rather than creating yet another Minion Rush thread, I will post in here even though this is regarding the Windows 8 version of Minion Rush and not the phone version.

Even though I disagree ...(Deleted for Space)...Hopefully, Gameloft Ryan will explain this policy and let us know if it will change or not. Forcing people to do anything is bad practice.
    Thanks for the post and I'm happy to clarify things! The reason we put the "Enter Your Birthdate" option is because most games nowadays have social features and if a child playing the game is under 13 years old we can't enable that feature in game for them. You can still actively play the game, without any content changes, regardless of the age you put in, but the social feature (Facebook login, challenge friends, etc.) will be disabled.

If you entered an age that isn't the accurate age you can contact our support team to change it. Click this link to contact them! (:
    Last edited by Gameloft_Ryan; 01-27-2014 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Forgot a word.
    01-27-2014 12:33 PM
    Ryan, I have friends who use iOS and Android and they can see eachother in the game.

8X Gdr3.
    02-27-2014 08:06 AM
    So when are the new features already available for android & ios to be given wo wp8?
    03-02-2014 03:16 AM
    So when are the new features already available for android & ios to be given wo wp8?
    I've talked about this before and some updates from iOS/Android aren't being ported to Windows due to development timeline issues. However, moving forward we will be porting all updates over to Windows for Minion Rush (:
    03-03-2014 06:21 PM
    Ryan, I have friends who use iOS and Android and they can see eachother in the game.
    8X Gdr3.
    Sorry I missed this. They can see their scores due to being logged in to Facebook more than likely. Outside of that Minion Rush doesn't have any other cross-platform capabilities.
    Catalin Esanu likes this.
    03-03-2014 06:25 PM
    HTC 8X with 8.1
    The game crashes after 4/24 update.
    04-24-2014 07:18 AM
    HTC 8X with 8.1
    The game crashes after 4/24 update.
    Okay, I've heard some people are having issues with this. The team will need to see if it's a local issue or if it's a global one. Thanks for letting me know!
    Catalin Esanu likes this.
    04-25-2014 02:00 PM
83 ... 234