What happened to wp8 grand theft auto ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessenic

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
The Android version seems well optimized, running fine on my Galaxy S which has 350MB (of which the OS takes a bit over 200MB) of RAM and 1Ghz single core CPU. I would not be too surprised if it did not require 1GB of RAM on WP8.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Probably will be released soon. Just I think the WP gaming engine is a bit harder to develop for, in terms of mobile games, but idk. Anyways, once it comes out, it will be good news!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Probably will be released soon. Just I think the WP gaming engine is a bit harder to develop for, in terms of mobile games, but idk. Anyways, once it comes out, it will be good news!

Yeah, it is a bit hard to develop for, since it is just a subset of full DirectX 11, and everyone who has expertise in DirectX works in PC gaming, as far as I know. Oh well.

(If you do optimize the game to this engine, though, it really is really efficient.)

greedypnguin

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Who plays games on a phone?
I don't.

Why would you want to see a game like GTA on a 4-5 inch screen?, I mean come on!

I personally have a console with gta and judging from your comment, so do you but you must remember not everyone can enjoy these things on the "big screen" so it is nice to have things like this

Last edited:

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Who plays games on a phone?
I don't.

Why would you want to see a game like GTA on a 4-5 inch screen?, I mean come on!

I dunno, maybe you should ask all the people who bought Liberty City Stories, then Vice City Stories, then Chinatown Wars, then GTAIII on iOS and Android...

Fact is, it works. It might not work for you, but it sure as hell works for us. ;)

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I dunno, maybe you should ask all the people who bought Liberty City Stories, then Vice City Stories, then Chinatown Wars, then GTAIII on iOS and Android...

Fact is, it works. It might not work for you, but it sure as hell works for us. ;)

I simply cannot imagine moving my hand all around the screen like a small child tearing up the wrapping paper of his christmas/birthday present to enjoy the game.

I am still trying to understand why anyone would bother with GTA as a whole, but what you learn is that different people have different preferences.

Kind of, you get my complimentary like and some free coupons.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I personally have a console with gta and judging from your dialect, so do you but you must remember not everyone can enjoy these things on the "big screen" so it is nice to have things like this

You can read a dialect in his post, maybe Southern or Boston or maybe Valley Girl ? a dialect... :confused:
and yeah sometimes ya gotta "go small".

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Whatever device it may be, huge games drains battery like hell. Still excited to check the performance of a wp device... As wp don't have benchmark apps..

Sent from my L625

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon